Sponsored

Who is going to put their R wheels/tires on the shelf?

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Just my $0.02 if you get a R (which I'm trying to do) save the stock wheels. Your resale value will TANK if you don't have the OEM wheels with the car. Especially if they actually appreciate.

Depends....On what that individual paid for the car. Even if it does appreciate....They might never get a good enough resale on it to absorb their initial purchase price over MSRP. In which case losing the wheels wouldn't hurt at all ...it might help bridge the gap and salvage the gap to close in on the true value if you net a good price for the wheels and tires.

But if you're really going to drive it and enjoy it beyond the weekend waxing in the driveway... the resale value goes down as you pile on the mileage anyway.
Sponsored

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
So for those of you who plan on selling the wheels right away. What do you realistically plan on getting for them?

I'd say no more than 5-6k.

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So for those of you who plan on selling the wheels right away. What do you realistically plan on getting for them?

I'd say no more than 5-6k.
That's not even 2k a wheel. I can buy three piece forged wheels for way more than that right now.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
As per the GT350/R owners manual...

– 194-lbs./in. coil springs on GT350
– 240-lbs./in. coil springs on GT350R

and

MagneRideTM suspension tuning and exhaust settings ---specific to each variant obviously.--

If 50lbs of weight makes a difference in the vehicle's performance simply due to the lighter wheels.

Then a 46lbs./in. ratings difference (which is significant) in the springs and a dampening tune to compensate should be a considerable difference. I'm going to say...that will be felt.

I'll need my actual car to confirm. Unless someone else does that first.
Sure that's not comparing the non-trackpack GT350 to the GT350R which comes with the trackpack? I think the trackpack has the same springs as the GT350R.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Sure that's not comparing the non-trackpack GT350 to the GT350R which comes with the trackpack? I think the trackpack has the same springs as the GT350R.

The Track pack is the same category the Tech pack as in Non "R". The "R" is in a category by itself.

It does not show three listings or say the "R" and the track pack.

Simply GT350 and the "R"

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
The Track pack is the same category the Tech pack as in Non "R". The "R" is in a category by itself.

Simply GT350 and the "R"
You are right Cruzin !! Good find..I was looking for when I saw your post

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Simply GT350 and the "R"
Just because they dont spell it out, doesnt mean your statements are absolute. I think we can all agree the magneride suspensions in the tech/track pack cars are far more similar to the R than the base car, so they might just make the magneride/no magneride distinction. What is for sure, all of the order forms clearly state the magneride cars have "heavy duty front springs", so the comparison in the owners manual very well could be the base car vs the R...with the track pack and tech pack cars sharing the same springs as the R .

Time will tell once all the suspension part numbers are fully populated.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2015&make=Ford&model=Mustang

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
That's not even 2k a wheel. I can buy three piece forged wheels for way more than that right now.
Show me one member willing to spend $8,000 on a used set of the R wheels and I will show you one person with too much money and not enough brains.

I doubt it will happen, and if it does maybe once.

This is a mustang and mustang market. Prices for parts have to be somewhat reasonable.

Ford only listed them for $30K to stop people from putting them on non R models.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Show me one member willing to spend $8,000 on a used set of the R wheels and I will show you one person with too much money and not enough brains.

I doubt it will happen, and if it does maybe once.

This is a mustang and mustang market. Prices for parts have to be somewhat reasonable.

Ford only listed them for $30K to stop people from putting them on non R models.
You wont find another set of wheels this light for cheaper than 8k..even forged monoblock HREs of this size are 2k+ per wheel and might still be a lb or two heavier per corner.

And the demographic of folks buying 60k+ mustangs might be a bit different than your average ecoboost/GT owner, so 8k for a set of rims might not be out of the question

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
You wont find another set of wheels this light for cheaper than 8k..even forged monoblock HREs of this size are 2k+ per wheel and might still be a lb or two heavier per corner.

And the demographic of folks buying 60k+ mustangs might be a bit different than your average ecoboost/GT owner, so 8k for a set of rims might not be out of the question
I will believe it when I see it. Send me a pm when it happens so I don't miss it:lol:

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Just because they dont spell it out, doesnt mean your statements are absolute. I think we can all agree the magneride suspensions in the tech/track pack cars are far more similar to the R than the base car, so they might just make the magneride/no magneride distinction. What is for sure, all of the order forms clearly state the magneride cars have "heavy duty front springs", so the comparison in the owners manual very well could be the base car vs the R...with the track pack and tech pack cars sharing the same springs as the R .

Time will tell once all the suspension part numbers are fully populated.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2015&make=Ford&model=Mustang

The base model? Is that what you're talking about? The materials seem to treat the base model as a forgotten step child. The passage referencing the Spring rates was in the same passage with the magneride suspension. So I doubt this is making a distinction between the base model and the rest. Otherwise it would have a separate passage referencing the Bilstiens and the Base GT350.

It's clearly making the distinction between the non-"R" tech and track Vs the "R".

If anything the Base might have even lesser of a spring rate or the same as the non-"R".

The good part about this is since the springs are all interchangeable its an easier route for owners of the base model to upgrade. Even lowering the car slightly with the choice of the "R" springs.

So....
When parts are listed....
It leaves a little wiggle for easy mods.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The better questions is what R owner will actually sell their set of wheels for 8k....

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The base model? Is that what you're talking about? The materials seem to treat the base model as a forgotten step child. The passage referencing the Spring rates was in the same passage with the magneride suspension. So I doubt this is making a distinction between the base model and the rest. Otherwise it would have a separate passage referencing the Bilstiens and the Base GT350.

It's clearly making the distinction between the non-"R" tech and track Vs the "R".

If anything the Base might have even lesser of a spring rate or the same as the non-"R".

The good part about this is since the springs are all interchangeable its an easier route for owners of the base model to upgrade. Even lowering the car slightly with the choice of the "R" springs.

So....
When parts are listed....
It leaves a little wiggle for easy mods.
Please copy any paste where in the manual is specifically calls out the rates for the tech/track pack cars. All I see is GT350 and R, leaving it open to interpretation what rates the tech/track pack cars would have

However, from from the build site.

920A Standard Features
Includes Track Package content:

MagneRide™ Damping System
Integrated Driver Control (IDC) System
Aluminum Tower to Tower Brace
Engine Oil, Transmission and Differential Coolers
Heavy-duty Front Springs

19” Carbon Fiber Wheels
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires
Wheel Locking Kit
Carbon Fiber Rear Wing
Chin Splitter
Unique Chassis Tuning Deletes the following standard features: Rear Seat, Rear View Camera, Air Conditioning, Auxiliary Gauges, Floor Mats, Tire Inflator and Sealant Kit, Audio System, SYNC® and USB Ports

So the R is essentially the track pack car (leading one to believe the springs and dampers are identical) with the extra wheels/tires/aero and special magneride settings.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
^ I'll do one better....

It's the RE&T: 2016 Source Book for the GT350.

If you read it you'll soon realize the Base Model is not even subject matter anywhere in it.

It's focused on the Magneride models.

The passages from pages 67 onward referencing performance and handling all list the details on The magneride equipped GT350 and the "R". Not the base model, unfortunately. Making the distinction between them as GT350 and the GT350R.

No mention of the blisteins. No mention of a base package. Therefore as far as this source book is concerned the base model is a step child. Which just sucks because I'd like to have more details on it. Anything here is pure speculation.

And....

I think Carbon revolution is going to get a lot of business for their 9 Spoke wheels when the "R" hits the ground with its 7 spoke variation.

Probably for a lot less than Ford list the OEM's for.

And I can live with that.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Simply GT350 and the "R"
Right - and the BASE 350 does not include magneride and maybe has different springs?
Sponsored