Sponsored

Who is breaking the law over front license plates?

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I see you're a fellow Texan so you know we have the stupid front plate law. A lot of people run without front plates and never have problems, but I've been pulled over for it on two previous cars. I tried the Sto n Sho bracket first, but ended up giving it away. It scraped pavement with my 350. Installed the Craig's and it works great. It's also cheaper and much easier install. The mount is out of sight and the plate is easily removed or installed in 15 seconds.

SHELBY FRONT -1.jpg
Sponsored

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
MO requires a front plate, but I have been running without one since April of this year. No issues so far. I keep it in the glove box.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Ontario Canada, my plate is in the trunk and has never been out since I bought the car new in 2017. Been pulled over once for speeding but nothing was said about my front plate . O do my best to avoid attention but its hard lol

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Not on my front bumper in NJ. Never been stopped during one year of driving GT350 🤞.
I purchased no-drill alternative plate holder, but never installed one.
I live in Westchester, NY. I regularly drive into NJ on weekends, so I was a bit worried (for those that don't know, both NY and NJ require front plates). my two leased EB's already had the bumper drilled and I didn't care as it was a lease. when I decided to purchase used, I also didn't care as I would have very little choice. THe '19 GT I found happneed to have no holes in the front bumper, so I figure the owner cared about his/her car.

I asked the salesperson specifically to not drill the front bumper. He wrote it on paper and taped it to the front bumper so that techs wouldn't drill it when prepping. I have the temp tag in the front windshield. I did get Craig's front bracket, but I haven't installed it yet, as I still do not have my plates and only the paper temps. I am contemplating on not running the plate on the front, but all my life I have had my share of running in to cops who seemed to be having a bad day before they ran into me.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Front plate laws are nothing more than money grabs. Somehow, all the states that do not require it seem to get by and we don't have people living in caves or fending off wolves with sticks.

There's a lot of things I don't like about my state, but we definitely have about the best laws in the nation when it comes to everything from firearm ownership to emissions testing (or not) to income taxes.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have always told dealers specifically to not install the front plate on my cars. I told my salesman when I purchased my first GT350 if the plate gets installed I would back out of the deal he made a phone call and bolted out of the office to stop the guy from prepping the car. I have never been bothered in 20 years of driving. and if I did some 3m double sided tape and a 25 dollar fix a ticket is cheaper than having to look at a drilled bumper
put a rectangle of PPF down, then use 3m double sided tape, and stick to that, you can simply remove the PPF via heat steam, and the 3m/harder stuff will pop off with it.

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I have mine mounted with suction cups on the right side of the windshield. I have never been stopped in over a year (knock on wood) in NJ...

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I put a Sto-n-Show holder on my 2015 GTP one week after buying it.

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
D.C. parking enforcement literally searches to ticket your parked car for no plate. MD police will pull a U-turn and chase you down to give you the the $80 no front plate ticket. Not to mention I don’t need another random reason to be pulled over.....So I’ll be “ghetto”...
FBB78DE3-ED87-43D6-AD41-BFCE8E5D4620.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Got a parking ticket for no plate once. Only pulled over once for no plate but got a warning for rear lights being aftermarket and not in DOT specs lol. Still rolling dirty every day here in WA. When I got my mustang, I made sure there was no front plate installed. When manufacturers start making a place for front plates in the body/bumper of the car, then I'll put one on.

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
D.C. parking enforcement literally searches to ticket your parked car for no plate. MD police will pull a U-turn and chase you down to give you the the $80 no front plate ticket.....So I’ll be “ghetto”...
FBB78DE3-ED87-43D6-AD41-BFCE8E5D4620.jpeg
Same thing I'm going to do. Lol

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Count me in this list. My 2017 has never had a front plate. So far it's not been a problem.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
👋🏻Have been for years on several different cars.
It was used one time to pull me over to see what I was doing downtown at 2:30am. Just left the theater after watching the midnight premiere of Shutter Island. Let me off with a warning and a review of the movie.

knightryder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 SVTPP/SVTTP (traded) 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF GTS
I was a State Trooper for 30 years and the only cars I stopped for missing front plates were the usual ratty looking cars that had high probabilities of being unregistered, uninsured and/or the driver/passengers having warrants. A lot of police are car guys as well and can appreciate the unspoiled looks of a sports or muscle car sans front plate. The only exception was when I stopped a Ferrari Laferrari. I had never seen one in person and had a nice chat with the owner about cars. Hell, I don't even know where you could attach a plate on a car like that.
Sponsored

Last edited: