Who here has gotten COVID

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
And, of course, the other side. As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

https://zdoggmd.com/elmhurst-hospital/
The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. There is two completely different set of ‘facts’ these days. Your facts are only the what you have been told. The problem is everyone believes they know their ‘facts’.

Covid is real and we are most likely closer to the beginning than the end. Anyone following what is going on in SA can see how this could go.
Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
There are multiple realities being played out based upon what news outlet an individual watches. Most people do not know how to use discernment nor critical thinking in which to process information...

Lower level thinkers are easily swayed by emotion and nationalism. Psy 101...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There are multiple realities being played out based upon what news outlet an individual watches. Most people do not know how to use discernment nor critical thinking in which to process information...

Lower level thinkers are easily swayed by emotion and nationalism. Psy 101...
+1. Funny thing. After my wife tested positive the first thing we did was meet with her doctor. Didn’t think to check the news. 🙂

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Covid is real and we are most likely closer to the beginning than the end. Anyone following what is going on in SA can see how this could go.
I agree it is real. I had it, my wife had it, my son had it, and my uncle had it, and he died from it. Knowing what I know now, him getting the flu shot is the straw that broke the camels back. He already had a mild case of covid and the flu shot introduced another virus into his system while he was trying to fight off covid and his immune system was not strong enough to fight two separate virus's at the same time. Eventually pneumonia set in and then sepsis and finally his organs began to shut down. Once organ failure started, that was the beginning of the end.

Anyone who thinks that it is not real needs to pull their head out of their ass and just pay attention to what is going on around them.

On the other hand I find it odd that just as they are starting to roll out a vaccine, a new more contagious strain appears. Its almost like the powers that be don't want this to end until there are a lot more dead worldwide. Like maybe it's the latest attempt at population control. I may be wrong, but I don't think its just a coincidence.

What's going on in SA? I try not to watch the news anymore, it's too depressing.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well but for the sake of your family, please get tests for all of you. The line between feeling better and being on a respirator can be razor thin.
agree. there are also a ton of false positives though. like that kiwi they tested.

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
On the other hand I find it odd that just as they are starting to roll out a vaccine, a new more contagious strain appears. Its almost like the powers that be don't want this to end until there are a lot more dead worldwide. Like maybe it's the latest attempt at population control. I may be wrong, but I don't think its just a coincidence.

What's going on in SA? I try not to watch the news anymore, it's too depressing.
Sorry to hear about your uncle.

It is isn’t very odd this virus is mutating to do a better job at spreading itself. It uses natural selection to better itself every single generation. Most don’t stick but some do.

The SA serotype has a few big changes in the spike protein. They are working to see if the vaccine will still be effective and more importantly if it can reinfect people that have already had it. Some data is also pointing towards more severe cases in children. It also seems to transmit with lower exposures levels.

Covid is not and will not be static while we try to destroy it. It will mutate and do everything it can to survive. We have never destroyed a novel virus and I don’t think we can. Until a generation of herd immunity is built I don’t think it is even remotely possible.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Of the roughly dozen people that I know have had it (I have not), only one was seriously affected; the rest had little to no symptoms.

A friend and his wife got it sometime in May after going to New Orleans. Both were largely unaffected. Then, in November, she got it again (he did not) and ended up in the hospital and nearly died. She used to be a heavy smoker and went to vaping, which I believe didn't help her any.

I heard this week that one of our corporate truck drivers got it bad and died of it over last weekend. He was 72, and may have had underlying issues that lead to it taking him out.

I take it seriously but, being largely antisocial to begin with, it hasn't affected my existence all that much outside of the whole mask thing. Realistically, I'm not sure I'd know if I even had it since I'm afflicted by allergies of some sort all year, not to mention normal aches and pains. The big thing to me would be fever or losing taste and smell.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
A friend of mine’s wife has two friends that went to get tested. They filled out the paperwork and waited in line for hours. They decided to leave and try another time. A week later they were notified they both tested positive for the virus. They never got tested originally.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
in SA? you mean the new strain? thats already in america and europe.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I get to join the positive club today. No bad symptoms, just a scratchy throat and some chills and mild fever... so far. So everyone hang in there.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Until a generation of herd immunity is built I don’t think it is even remotely possible.
its believed we cant really reach herd immunity through natural means. Other covid strains have only shown about a year of immunity, and COVID19 has people being reinfected within a couple of months. we have never achieved herd immunity via natural infection with a novel virus either.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I don't want anyone to get sick and die from this but it's reality right now.

I hung out with someone who was positive back in September and he never told me until he got another positive test result. I was kinda scared that I had it. He had loss of smell and was just tired all the time. He's sickness lasted for 3 weeks. After he told
me I got tested and mine came back negative. He's fine now.

I've had chills and a cold a couple of times since this whole thing started. Thank God I haven't been or gotten worse like other ppl I hear about.

I wear my mask all the time when I'm out and I don't go out to crowded places.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Well, I get to join the positive club today. No bad symptoms, just a scratchy throat and some chills and mild fever... so far. So everyone hang in there.
Sorry to hear that... take care of yourself and stay away from ppl. Good luck.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I live a very isolated life, very health orientated and have a borderline germ phobia, of course I do have to go the grocery store and such, I don't work I am retired.

Anyways about 2 months ago I had a very dry nose and mild upset stomach for about a month then woke up the next day feeling great and have been ever since, was it the virus?, who knows..I haven't been tested.

TC

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I agree it is real. I had it, my wife had it, my son had it, and my uncle had it, and he died from it. Knowing what I know now, him getting the flu shot is the straw that broke the camels back. He already had a mild case of covid and the flu shot introduced another virus into his system while he was trying to fight off covid and his immune system was not strong enough to fight two separate virus's at the same time. Eventually pneumonia set in and then sepsis and finally his organs began to shut down. Once organ failure started, that was the beginning of the end.

Anyone who thinks that it is not real needs to pull their head out of their ass and just pay attention to what is going on around them.

Sorry to hear about your family especially your uncle. That said the flu shot had nothing to do with it. The current flu shots are considered "dead" so no impact on Covid one way or the other.

As far as a coincidence is concerned that's a negative too. The virus is just going through its normal stages. It's the incredible timeframe for the release of the vaccine that make it appear as one.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.