ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
ITLRUN, I am leaning towards a four post than a two post lift. I see yours is not bolted to the concrete which I will not do either. When your car is up in the air on it, is it pretty stable? I've never seen a four post in person. It only makes sense that there has to be a tight fitting guide on the four corners to keep that from wobbling around with weight on it.
The four post is really stable even without being bolted to the floor. It came with a caster kit that could be used to move the lift around the garage. My garage isn't really big enough for that. I have considered bolting to to the floor anyway, just for the peace of mind.
Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I have a Bendpak 4 post and love it. I got the trolley jack so I can still work on brakes and suspension. I feel like it's the best of both worlds as I can work on anything I need to but I don't have to worry about stability with the 4 post which I have bolted down. Also have drip trays that fit between the rails so no worries about dripping on whatever is parked underneath.
Extra bonus, the rails act as tables for my tools when I am working on stuff. =)
Lifted.jpg
Lifted 2.jpg

Speedycrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1913, 2010 Mustang GT (racecar)
I have a Bendpak 4 post and love it. I got the trolley jack so I can still work on brakes and suspension. I feel like it's the best of both worlds as I can work on anything I need to but I don't have to worry about stability with the 4 post which I have bolted down. Also have drip trays that fit between the rails so no worries about dripping on whatever is parked underneath.
Extra bonus, the rails act as tables for my tools when I am working on stuff. =)
Lifted.jpg
Lifted 2.jpg
That is a really cool setup!

JimP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Corvette Z06
This might help in working out heights.

2-post-car-lift-height.jpg

Source = Pickup World

As you can see, with the new Benpak models, you can get away with less than 9" but you will still need decent concrete to secure the lift so depending on what you want to work on, size wise, this should give you some decent options when looking for your house. I know it says coming soon but you can buy them direct now, on the Bendpak website the image is a little old.

Might not be a lot of room underneath, but you can always use a chair, which is what I personally do. Worth a look.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like you'd get more height if you don't have the crossbar at the top of the lift.

JimP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Corvette Z06
Seems like you'd get more height if you don't have the crossbar at the top of the lift.
Probably an extra 3-4 inches but I prefer that you can simply lift it to the cut off point and not have to worry.

I also have a MD-6XP which I use for track days but if it is at all possible, get a 2 or 4 post lift for home, I could not live without mine now.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
My ceilings are 10’ 2”. I can comfortably “stack” two Mustangs. In a perfect world, the ceilings would be at least 12’ high. This would keep me from having to duck under the lift getting in / out of the one on bottom. The lift in my home garage is a Rotary Lift 4 post. It’s perfect for “putting 10 pounds of poo in a 5 pound sack”.
D6158D36-9358-4878-8A24-134B89C295DB.jpeg

Nice Flooring! Was it expensive?

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Lifted.jpg
Lifted 2.jpg

How deep is your garage? Did you do away with garage door opener or put it on side? That something I can buy on amazon or do I need to call a garage door place?

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
My garage is 22' deep x 31' wide. I had the garage door set up to hug the ceiling as close as possible and used a direct drive opener which mounts on the side as opposed to the chain drive which needs room between the ceiling and the door.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Nice Flooring! Was it expensive?

It’s Swiss Trax. I took advantage of one of their sales when I bought it. It was a little pricey.
Sponsored