Who has built their own exhaust?

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I am building my own exhaust system. It's easier to buy, but it gives me something to do and I can make it custom to how I want it. So far I have a bunch of 3 inch stainless mandrel bends and straight pipe on the way, along with 2 Dyno max stainless bullets, and a stainless resonated x pipe. And aanew Milwaukee cordless band saw with a swag table for it. The band saw was not really necessary, but I was kinda looking for an excuse LoL. Im thinking I am going to weld v bands on to my headers. I am going to make a light weight aluminum set for the track and a nicer stainless one for daily use. I will tig well it all. I'm going to put the bullets in place of the Texas speed fake cats. This will be a full 3 inch system. I'm hoping that with the bullets and resonated x pipe that will take the edge off it as it has no cats, no resonator, or mufflers now. Hoping it is a little quite, and not too much drone. I'm still in the brainstorming process, and would love to see any pics of home built systems to give me some ideas.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So I am building my own exhaust system. It's easier to buy, but it gives me something to do and I can make it custom to how I want it. So far I have a bunch of 3 inch stainless mandrel bends and straight pipe on the way, along with 2 Dyno max stainless bullets, and a stainless resonated x pipe. And aanew Milwaukee cordless band saw with a swag table for it. The band saw was not really necessary, but I was kinda looking for an excuse LoL. Im thinking I am going to weld v bands on to my headers. I am going to make a light weight aluminum set for the track and a nicer stainless one for daily use. I will tig well it all. I'm going to put the bullets in place of the Texas speed fake cats. This will be a full 3 inch system. I'm hoping that with the bullets and resonated x pipe that will take the edge off it as it has no cats, no resonator, or mufflers now. Hoping it is a little quite, and not too much drone. I'm still in the brainstorming process, and would love to see any pics of home built systems to give me some ideas.
Good luck.

It will probably drone some as that setup would have no targeted frequency cancelation for the drone frequency range.