Sponsored

Who has Borla S-Type With The Resonator ? Too Raspy

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
I have had numerous setups on my 15" thus far and I haven't found the right combo that I like. I am looking for input from anyone who has the Borla S-type and the Borla resonator or FRPP Sport with the resonator. I have the Full FRPP sport kit without resonator and I like the sound but it's too raspy and tin can sounding during mid acceleration. I have had the Ataks and now am trying the touring for a few days from a local friend nice enough to let me borrow them. I want to eliminate the high raspy or crackling noise and have only a nice deep growl. I called Borla and they said add the resonator, but I am skeptical about what it really will do. Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Chris
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if your not a fan of rasp, an h pipe setup like the sw or arh, or mbrp might be better suited

OP
OP

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
Ok thanks I don't think those bolt right up in the borla cat back setups like their resonator does. That's why I was looking at that option 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Sounds like you don't like the signature Borla sound.

Pick up a set of magnaflow competition, they have a deep aggressive sound. I was happy with them in my 2012.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
I have Borla s-type with H pipe. The rasp is there a little bit at high RPM's. But other than that sounds deep. I'm very happy with this setup.

Sponsored

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Installed borla atak catback with h pipe last week. A little raspy as you said in the high rpms but otherwise sounds great! Seems like all exhausts for this car get a little raspy up top especially these loud systems. H pipe helps with rasp too apparently but didn't even bother trying the x pipe on mine haha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
MRT Interceptor is deep. I'm considering that or the ARH catback at this point.

OP
OP

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
I picked up the borla resonator today and when it comes I'll have it out on with the frpp sports just so I can say at least I tried before changing the whole dam thing. Hopefully it does the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Ctozzi - Borla uses the S-type mufflers with their resonator on their Touring catback exhaust. From the YouTube videos I have watched it eliminates the rasp but it also reduces the volume significantly. From what you have said I'm guessing your system (FRPP Sports) with the Borla resonator will be pretty quiet (similar to the Borla Touring - which also uses their resonator). I have been considering 12" bullet resonators from Dynomax or Vibrant to tame the rasp on either the S-type or FRPP/Borla Touring Catback. While I want to tame the rasp, I don't want to reduce the volume significantly. I'll be interested in hearing your experience as I'm dealing with similar issues. Thanks!

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
The guy who created this thread back in 2015 has since sold his car in 2016 and last visited the forum in January of 2017.

I doubt you will get any feedback.

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
The guy who created this thread back in 2015 has since sold his car in 2016 and last visited the forum in January of 2017.

I doubt you will get any feedback.
Oh that's Priceless
Sponsored