Sponsored

Who has boosted there cars off the showroom floor?

dfroehli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dexter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, 2004 cobra
hi all, i just bought a 19 GT velocity blue A10. my question is as follows. i have 6.3km on the car as it came in December and i live in canada so i had it trailered to my garage. I also have been slowly amassing a large amount of performance parts. whipple with 10 rib upgrade, full suspension, axels, drive shaft, fuel system. full exhaust. my question is should i break the car in before i void the warranty? i'm not so much worried about the engine letting go as if it goes i'll build a motor. will i be happy about it no....but why would i try and get another ford short block? i am a little worried about the tranny and the rest of the car. so who has boosted there cars right off the showroom floor? second question is should i use the 10 rib setup or stick to the 6 rib to avoid changing out the crank balancer for the stock sized ati. my goal is 800whp on E85.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Personally, I think 800 on e85 would not require the 10-rib. I would also be VERY leery of removing the stock fluid balancer since it had the benefit of oem engineering tuning the mass and damping to match the engine and protect the oil pump.

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Terry from beefcake racing told me he always boast cars off the show room floor. And Roush cars come with the blower on it and they have same motor. I'm in the same boat as you. The only reason I'm mostly gonna ride for 1000 miles just incase there that small chance there is some kinda defect in the powertrain that show right away. I want to be able to get if fixed under warranty. But I may not be able to wait. I already have the whipple in my garage and the car is awaiting delivery because I ordered it.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
I did. 94 miles on the odometer and laying in pieces on a garage floor.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My 17 Mustang GT was built off the floor with a Roush Phase 2 Supercharger by a Roush Authorized dealer in NJ and I now have 7,100 trouble free miles. Still on the stock clutch, stock trans, stock drive shaft, stock half shafts. I did put in the BMR Rear Vertical Links and BMR Rear Cradle Lockout Kit which has really cut down on wheel hop. I’m about to get a custom tune from VMP shortly.

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I did mine pretty much off the showroom floor. No issues, and I don't baby it around.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Had i found a turbo kit that checked all my boxes, i would have done it the day i brought the car home. I searched for 6 months before i found the kit i liked..... car went under the knife at 2800 miles.

Same mindset as you.. if the motor goes, ill build a shortblock and keep on truckin.

With time, 10r80 upgrades will be available making this platform tough to beat at the track.

Agree with the above... i'd keep the stock balancer in place.. .you shouldn't need to upgrade for 800 wheel.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Boosted my 18 as soon as I could! As others have said if something goes out then just build it back stronger!

OP
OP

dfroehli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dexter
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I think 800 on e85 would not require the 10-rib. I would also be VERY leery of removing the stock fluid balancer since it had the benefit of oem engineering tuning the mass and damping to match the engine and protect the oil pump.
ya im having buyers remorse on the 10 rib kit i bought. i should have done a bit more research, but i did get a smoking deal on it. looks like i will probably sell the 10 rib and order a few 6 rib pulleys. if you know anyone looking for a 10 rib upgrade with 3 upper pulleys let me know i;'ll let it go cheap.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dfroehli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dexter
Vehicle(s)
Boosted my 18 as soon as I could! As others have said if something goes out then just build it back stronger!
that's kind of what i'm thinking. i sold my 13 gt500 for this 19 gt as i wanted the modern chassis with a better platform for drag racing. now seeing the new gt500 i think i made the right choice ...

OP
OP

dfroehli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dexter
Vehicle(s)
Had i found a turbo kit that checked all my boxes, i would have done it the day i brought the car home. I searched for 6 months before i found the kit i liked..... car went under the knife at 2800 miles.

Same mindset as you.. if the motor goes, ill build a shortblock and keep on truckin.

With time, 10r80 upgrades will be available making this platform tough to beat at the track.

Agree with the above... i'd keep the stock balancer in place.. .you shouldn't need to upgrade for 800 wheel.
ya shit i should not have bought the 10 rib oh well i'll have to post it for sale...

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
meaning you blew it up?
Nope. Not yet. Just wanted a clean slate for upgrades. Had the parts ordered before I picked it up at the dealer.

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
ya im having buyers remorse on the 10 rib kit i bought. i should have done a bit more research, but i did get a smoking deal on it. looks like i will probably sell the 10 rib and order a few 6 rib pulleys. if you know anyone looking for a 10 rib upgrade with 3 upper pulleys let me know i;'ll let it go cheap.
pm sent
Sponsored