Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
You are correct. Those screens are 10.1" Here is the Escape. Notice line of sight viewing.

20_FRD_ESP_45941.jpg
She's looking at the screen as she plows into the back of your GT500. It was a pop-up, she had to look!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My Friend, you are stating obvious sh!t. I am saying they went tooooo far.

That large 15" touchscreen isn't for human sake, it is for style and looking futuristic and "advanced". It is not driver-centric (ie pilot). You are suggesting that MORE IN YOUR FACE approach is the ultimate answer ..? When Driving requires your attention outside the car..

I can design a much better system than this. More intuitive too... So can Ford, they went "advanced" looking for style instead.
I'm being obvious? Of course they went for futuristic style. You really expect them to design a dash that looks like its from a 1950's Victoria? And yes, its in your face. It makes it easier to see. And no, it is not distracting (at least on Tesla's).

And its just not Ford. This is one of the most highly touted dashboards around.

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 11.28.50 AM.png

So unless you just like arguing, let it rest already.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Again... just because some engineering geek had an orgasm over how cool he can make things look... doesn't mean it usable. That Truck pic is frriggin laughable... I thought it was a photshop. OMG.

Look at the truck photo, then this....
19_ford_edge_interior_blk_banner-jpg.jpg

Which one is more inviting and at your tips..? Explain away that^^^

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Two reasons I would not get a Mach E, one is the fugly interior....here is what they should have gone for and with more room they could have easily improved on it.

Porsche-Taycan-electric-car-interior.jpg

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
So you are saying that tesla is the epitome ? And has the very best car system in the world..? Have you seen other interfaces..? I already told you I can (as others) design a better system. And nobody cares what Elon Musk says. He is a salesman...?

This is Ford Country.... and I am not afraid to call out sloppy engineering for the sake a frillz..

ed:
I agree about the Porsche layout. I like the idea of MULTIPLE displays, not a SINGULARITY.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Again... just because some engineering geek had an orgasm over how cool he can make things look... doesn't mean it usable. That Truck pic is frriggin laughable... I thought it was a photshop. OMG.

Look at the truck photo, then this....
19_ford_edge_interior_blk_banner-jpg.jpg

Which one is more inviting and at your tips..? Explain away that^^^
This is the only dashboard I really care about. :like:

fordmustang016.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Two reasons I would not get a Mach E, one is the fugly interior....here is what they should have gone for and with more room they could have easily improved on it.

So what is the second? :)

I agree with your thoughts on the interior. I never said I like it but there is a reason they did it. Liking Telsa or Elon Musk has nothing to do with this. Ford is building a vehicle to compete with the market leader, period. They are mimicking their style because it sells.

If you do not like it fine. Don't buy it. But repeating the same hyperbole doesn't move the conversation forward.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I truly haven't even considered a EV until the Mach E was revealed. The dash design was a little bit of shock but I find myself liking it. and the over all design of the car is nice 2022 maybe my year.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Uhh - interiors like that come in cars that cost 6 figures - not an option for the targeted market here.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Lol! If you don’t have Facebook , I suggest you find someone who does , and take a peak at the Ford and Mustang pages.
A Facebook page does not translate into actual purchases, nor does it reflect market realities - the MachE will probably outsell all models of the 2 door combines.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I'm being obvious? Of course they went for futuristic style. You really expect them to design a dash that looks like its from a 1950's Victoria? And yes, its in your face. It makes it easier to see. And no, it is not distracting (at least on Tesla's).

And its just not Ford. This is one of the most highly touted dashboards around.

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 11.28.50 AM.png

So unless you just like arguing, let it rest already.
It’s way way better, but still no good.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Our little community (as well as the greater "die-hard" enthusiast community) who consider the Mach-E blasphemous, is statistically negligible to the hundreds of thousands who can't wait for this thing. In sum, enthusiast protestations will be disregarded. Anyways, Ford is still making 2 door gas powered Mustangs and will likely do so for the foreseeable future as there is still economic justification for doing so.
Just to say, I have had NON-car people at work come up to me because they know I have a Mustang and comment on how stupid they feel the Mach-E being called a Mustang is. It seems that Mustang is such a part of American culture that even people that don't drive Ford, or care really about cars find the fact they called it Mustang to be a mistake.
Sponsored