Sponsored

Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Putting a deposit down on this thing and still calling yourself a loyal mustang owner. Lol. I don’t care how fast it is....there are grocery getters that can smoke the original 65 because tech changes. Doesn’t change the fact this never should have been a mustang. I don’t even understand the people that think it looks good. It is no better looking than any other grocery getter...just has some shoehorned mustang cues in it. My wife’s Pilot is a better looking vehicle. Ugh. I still hope it fails miserably. I didn’t watch the video, but I know Pericak, for all his talk on a faster horse didn’t make a stand on this. I hope some of the true Mustang team did...maybe Widmann or Barnes. I would have resigned before being associated with this POS.
You know there is another thread that is 92 pages long and growing where you can go and bitch.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I was 90% certain I was going to buy one..!
But I can't get over, or excuse Ford for such an awful center display. That SITS RIGHT IN YOUR FACE....

So until they offer a new model, or one with a more ergonomic interior (Which can easily be done by moving the display down 5" and back 5" deeper). There was just no need to make that display so high up, and higher than the dash itself, it need to be integrated, or I just can't buy a Mack E.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was 90% certain I was going to buy one..!
But I can't get over, or excuse Ford for such an awful center display. That SITS RIGHT IN YOUR FACE....

So until they offer a new model, or one with a more ergonomic interior (Which can easily be done by moving the display down 5" and back 5" deeper). There was just no need to make that display so high up, and higher than the dash itself, it need to be integrated, or I just can't buy a Mack E.
The reason is simple. Line of sight. Like it or not that’s why they did it.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Except for the large instrument cluster the dash design on the Escape and the Explorer are almost the same.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Because LOS is needed, for a 2 second finger job..?

Honestly, Ford was trying to be too cute here and didn't take the Human Condition into consideration. I can touch my dash, without any need to look at it... I don't need line of sight. Matter of fact, you could hold a cloth between and my hand and I can still operate the vehicle and by touch, use the HVAC/Radio/etc...

Ford is actually creating a need for line-of-sight product, which wasn't nec before. It's is rediculous and backwards.

Putting the display so high up in the car means it interferes with the Driver's primary purpose... of looking out the windows and scanning your mirrors. That display is within the Driver's horizon... and is horribly misplaced. (Specially for smaller drivers.) I wonder how people adjust their seats, without looking at a display..?

If anything, Ford should make it ADJUSTABLE... bcz I want to buy a Mach GT.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Let' see. Maybe I was not clear in my request. The GT500, GT350, Bullitt, 50th Anniversary, Convertible, and Mach 1 all Mustangs and all have a dedicated sub forum. Maybe my terminology is not accurate but you get to the point I am making. See below which was copied from the forum page.

The Mach E is a Mustang according to Ford. After all, Ford the maker of the Mustang is calling it a Mustang Mach E regardless of what we think.

2015+ Ford Mustang Forum
  1. Mustang S550 General Forums
  2. Shelby GT350 Mustang
  3. Shelby GT500 Mustang
  4. Mustang Convertible
  5. 2019-2020 Bullitt Mustang
  6. 50 Year Limited Edition Mustang
  7. Mach 1
  8. Mach E
Interesting read

https://driving-ca.cdn.ampproject.o...y/motor-mouth-what-the-hell-was-ford-thinking

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Our little community (as well as the greater "die-hard" enthusiast community) who consider the Mach-E blasphemous, is statistically negligible to the hundreds of thousands who can't wait for this thing. In sum, enthusiast protestations will be disregarded. Anyways, Ford is still making 2 door gas powered Mustangs and will likely do so for the foreseeable future as there is still economic justification for doing so.
Lol! If you don’t have Facebook , I suggest you find someone who does , and take a peak at the Ford and Mustang pages.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Because LOS is needed, for a 2 second finger job..?
In a moving vehicle LOS is certainly needed. That's what HUD's are all about. Looking sideways is always better than looking down. Ask any pilot.

Ford is actually creating a need for line-of-sight product, which wasn't nec before. It's is rediculous and backwards.
Ford didn't create anything. Look at MB, Audi, BMW, Volvo, RAM, and many others going to table sized and styled display. It's what their doing. Again your choice.

Putting the display so high up in the car means it interferes with the Driver's primary purpose... of looking out the windows and scanning your mirrors. That display is within the Driver's horizon... and is horribly misplaced. (Specially for smaller drivers.) I wonder how people adjust their seats, without looking at a display..?
I do not know if you have ever driven a Tesla. Although it seems as if the huge display is distracting, its not. You still have total view of the entire windshield and the passenger side mirror. I do not know about the Mach-E as I have never sat in one.

If anything, Ford should make it ADJUSTABLE... bcz I want to buy a Mach GT.
This is actually great idea. Probably cost prohibitive but still a more than reasonable idea.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
It’s just a piece of junk.
Seriously, enough. Have you been in one? Have you driven one? We know you don't like it but your posts add nothing to the conversation.

You're entitled to your opinion, but at least give us an idea what it is instead of just repeating a vehicle you know nothing about is junk.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
In a moving vehicle LOS is certainly needed. That's what HUD's are all about. Looking sideways is always better than looking down. Ask any pilot.

Ford didn't create anything. Look at MB, Audi, BMW, Volvo, RAM, and many others going to table sized and styled display. It's what their doing. Again your choice.

I do not know if you have ever driven a Tesla. Although it seems as if the huge display is distracting, its not. You still have total view of the entire windshield and the passenger side mirror. I do not know about the Mach-E as I have never sat in one.

This is actually great idea. Probably cost prohibitive but still a more than reasonable idea.

My Friend, you are stating obvious sh!t. I am saying they went tooooo far.

That large 15" touchscreen isn't for human sake, it is for style and looking futuristic and "advanced". It is not driver-centric (ie pilot). You are suggesting that MORE IN YOUR FACE approach is the ultimate answer ..? When Driving requires your attention outside the car..

I can design a much better system than this. More intuitive too... So can Ford, they went "advanced" looking for style instead.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct. Those screens are 10.1" Here is the Escape. Notice line of sight viewing.

20_FRD_ESP_45941.jpg
I think with the Mach E Ford is successfully blending there conventional car expertise with what is expected in modern EV design.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Ford Edge
19_Ford_Edge_Interior_Blk_banner.jpg

Now, if that whole thing needs to be a touch screen..? Then make it integrated into the dash like above^. There is no need to have it in your face.

And if you do need to use a TOUCHSCREEN, you can always use two different screens w/one perhaps moveable., etc...

The Mach E display placement cheapens the whole car and doesn't make it warm, or inviting. It's too prominent and distracting.