Oh oh - another MACHE deposit
upload_2019-12-5_8-59-11.gif
Sponsored

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
I don't know about that. I've got both and I'm no fan. Must be a Democrat poll.

MUSTANG
full.png

F-150
full.jpg
I have both and will have a Mustang Mach E GT and I'm definitely not a democrat.

“I’m rubber, you’re glue.”

come back when you graduate 6th grade.
Lol great come back boss.

MUSTANG
machee7.jpg

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
This black one was spotted in Florida. I can't wait to see a photo of a black GT with the good wheels.
Screenshot_20191205-194053_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well.. the thread has run its course. Predictably, no one likes the move except for three people. Cool. Good luck with that.

Back to threads dealing with actual Mustangs.
I agree. It's time to let this go. Let's go back to arguing about important stuff like why EB HPP's are better than GT's. :)

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I just love watching the adolescent crying of the few haters
rs-ford-mustang-mache-36.jpg

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My open letter to Ford:

Let me preface by saying the name “Mustang” belongs to Ford legally, however the American icon belongs to Us (the Mustang enthusiast). We as enthusiast made the idea of Mustang, the icon it is today. This is exactly the problem I have with Ford using the name “Mustang” on a plain Jane boring suv, that happens to be electric. The word Mustang at least to Us and the enthusiast that came before us, invokes a sense of freedom. The very word harkens back to the days of the Wild West when wild mustangs roamed the untamed countryside.

We all bought Ford’s “pony car” with the plans of making them our own by way of modifications. Some of Us have owned more than one Mustang, guilty as charged. I’ve owned ‘70 GT, ‘89 5.0 coupe, ‘93 5.0 coupe and ‘15 GT myself, and proudly modified all of them. My Grandfather had two of them ‘65 GT and ‘69 Shelby GT500. My Grandma had one a ‘66 convertible red with white interior. My Mom’s first car was a a Stang ‘64.5 purchased in May of that year, white with powder blue interior and a wood steering wheel. My Dad had a ‘68 GT s code, and later an ‘85 5.0 coupe. We’ve made this happen for Ford, and they just took a huge dump on Us.

I probably wouldn’t be taking this so hard had they taken a current Mustang and just electrified it, but this is an abortion of a car design. Then they threw the sacred horse on, and gave the Mustang name to it, but sorry it’s not a Mustang. This thing is the love child of a fusion and escape aimed square at the soccer mom, who’s gonna cruise it to the mall. You should’ve called this thing the EDGE-E that would’ve made more sense. I’m not one of those old guys that can’t see electric being the future, I know that’s been slowly happening. I’m sure people will enjoy this car and modify it to their own liking, but it’ll never be a Mustang it’s not a two door coupe, fastback or convertible. It’s a family hauler with some clever marketing/styling cues to pull the wool over sheeples eyes.

The Mustang is the only car that sold over half of a million cars in six months, and then hit a million in its first few years all because of Us (Mustang Enthusiasts) try not to forget that Ford. Mustang is the only car that was supposed to be changed to a front wheel drive platform (see Ford Probe), however Ford was forced by Us to keep with the design of rwd, and was rewarded for their efforts in sales.

Mustang is the only brand in America to have a museum run and owned by Us (Mustang Enthusiasts). The Mustang has been featured in over 400 films, over 10 million Mustangs have been produced and sold you’re welcome Ford. There are enthusiasts (Us) on 5 continents who have made the Mustang a world car. So go ahead Ford turn your back on Us, I’ve never wanted to see you fail, but as you’ve stated with this atrocity times are changing. I’ve been a Ford guy my whole life, I’ve had numerous other models, but other brands are now starting to look appealing.

What you don’t understand is that you don’t own Mustang, Can’t wait to see you fall.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
My open letter to Ford:

Let me preface by saying the name “Mustang” belongs to Ford legally, however the American icon belongs to Us (the Mustang enthusiast). We as enthusiast made the idea of Mustang, the icon it is today. This is exactly the problem I have with Ford using the name “Mustang” on a plain Jane boring suv, that happens to be electric. The word Mustang at least to Us and the enthusiast that came before us, invokes a sense of freedom. The very word harkens back to the days of the Wild West when wild mustangs roamed the untamed countryside.

We all bought Ford’s “pony car” with the plans of making them our own by way of modifications. Some of Us have owned more than one Mustang, guilty as charged. I’ve owned ‘70 GT, ‘89 5.0 coupe, ‘93 5.0 coupe and ‘15 GT myself, and proudly modified all of them. My Grandfather had two of them ‘65 GT and ‘69 Shelby GT500. My Grandma had one a ‘66 convertible red with white interior. My Mom’s first car was a a Stang ‘64.5 purchased in May of that year, white with powder blue interior and a wood steering wheel. My Dad had a ‘68 GT s code, and later an ‘85 5.0 coupe. We’ve made this happen for Ford, and they just took a huge dump on Us.

I probably wouldn’t be taking this so hard had they taken a current Mustang and just electrified it, but this is an abortion of a car design. Then they threw the sacred horse on, and gave the Mustang name to it, but sorry it’s not a Mustang. This thing is the love child of a fusion and escape aimed square at the soccer mom, who’s gonna cruise it to the mall. You should’ve called this thing the EDGE-E that would’ve made more sense. I’m not one of those old guys that can’t see electric being the future, I know that’s been slowly happening. I’m sure people will enjoy this car and modify it to their own liking, but it’ll never be a Mustang it’s not a two door coupe, fastback or convertible. It’s a family hauler with some clever marketing/styling cues to pull the wool over sheeples eyes.

The Mustang is the only car that sold over half of a million cars in six months, and then hit a million in its first few years all because of Us (Mustang Enthusiasts) try not to forget that Ford. Mustang is the only car that was supposed to be changed to a front wheel drive platform (see Ford Probe), however Ford was forced by Us to keep with the design of rwd, and was rewarded for their efforts in sales.

Mustang is the only brand in America to have a museum run and owned by Us (Mustang Enthusiasts). The Mustang has been featured in over 400 films, over 10 million Mustangs have been produced and sold you’re welcome Ford. There are enthusiasts (Us) on 5 continents who have made the Mustang a world car. So go ahead Ford turn your back on Us, I’ve never wanted to see you fail, but as you’ve stated with this atrocity times are changing. I’ve been a Ford guy my whole life, I’ve had numerous other models, but other brands are now starting to look appealing.

What you don’t understand is that you don’t own Mustang, Can’t wait to see you fall.
great post.

ford has taken something that is embraced by a gigantic and historic community of enthusiasts. Not only is the Mustang embraces by the community, but it’s largely defined by it.

for Ford to just give a cold hearted and aloof “F you” to the legions of Mustang fans is a barometer of its leadership at this point. There are no legit “car guys” at the top. It’s a bunch of “look what I did during my time at ford. I’m an agent of change” crap. No care for the long term health of the company or those who buy its products and services.

they want to make an electric vehicle. Cool. They want it to be an SUV. great. I think there’s a total market there. Something of a blue ocean actually. Everything else is a car or truck. They want it to look and perform sportingly. Awesome! Sounds perfect.

they want people to refer to it as “the new Mustang...”

excuse me?

that’s where they just pooped there pants and don't even know that everyone can see the stain.

even calling it a Mach e is a stretch since Mach represents a measurement of speed followed by a number that tells you exactly what that is. The whole E thing in the name is just dumb. It doesn’t mean anything other than “oh hey look how ‘’mustang’ that sounds”

but so be it. Not the end of the world.

but then they wanted to call it a Mustang. Then we hear that this is what will cover the Mustang brand moving forward... so it is kind of the end of the world for the car we know and love.

now they want to take moms grocery getter, put batteries in it and make it fast and expect people to think it’s the same thing...

I believe they will sell in ok numbers. Perhaps not what they are hoping for and likely not enough to justify slaughtering the Mustang identity.

and probably not enough to bother Tesla. I mean seriously. If you’re in the market for an electric vehicle, are you going to trust ford or Tesla with that money?

and if you’re in the market for an actual Mustang, you’re not looking for an electric suv.

whoever sold the board on this done messed up.

the sooner they backtrack the better. It’s voluntary and fixable that way.

If they wait, the damage will be done and irreparable. No one will trust ford with their enthusiasm anymore. as it is, you can see the community fragmentation begin even now and it’s not out yet.

People stick with what they trust. And trust is built over time. Ford has broken that.

And it takes a long time to heal. and the healing only starts when good faith is restored. It’s going to be a long road.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I guess a good question now: Now that the hypes died off and you have come to your senses, how many deposits have been canceled?
Sponsored