nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Ford engineer calls an electric Mustang a when, not an if

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/02/ford-mustang-electric-ev-powertrain/

DHF24732_C1.jpg
This article is another example of how ridiculously scrambled Ford has become with its brand message for the Mustang. Electric Mustang when? I thought they were saying it's right now. According to this piece it's certain that in the future there will be electric Mustangs which may or may not be called Mustangs which may or may not be built on this same platform.

Fire them all.
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Anyone who is seriously considering this atrocity of a car should take a few minutes and listen to this podcast. There's a lot of painful truth in there.
Atrocity??!! I guess the Mach-E is the moral equivalency of the holocaust or war crimes. Perhaps we should call it the Mach Evil.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
And the but hurt continues
tenor.gif

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This article is another example of how ridiculously scrambled Ford has become with its brand message for the Mustang. Electric Mustang when? I thought they were saying it's right now. According to this piece it's certain that in the future there will be electric Mustangs which may or may not be called Mustangs which may or may not be built on this same platform.

Fire them all.

Boom. Spot on. Even Ford is confused.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ford sells secret amount of “first editions.” Whatever that means and however many that means.

meanwhile Tesla’s Cybertruck took over 250,000 deposits in its first two days of being announced.
Reservations are not a contract to buy a car. They are totally refundable and not binding. Just take a look at YouTube how many clickbait people made a video that they preordered the Cybertruck for clicks (= Money). Do you really think most of them will actually buy the car? Or can even afford the car or need a big pickup? Can you imagine how many years Tesla need to produce 250k units of the Cybertruck when start production in late 2021?
Also the Cybertruck has to change drastically to be legal in like every country in the world. It has no sidemirrors, no legal headlights and it will fail every single crash or pedestrrian test with it's thick steel body and sharp edges.

Even the Tesla stock took a small hit after the Cybertruck reveal, so even the investors don't believe in the car.

It was a fun PR stunt from Tesla to reveal the Cybertruck like this. But in the end it's just a concept car and not anywhere near a real pre-production-prototype

Last edited:

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Reservations are not a contract to buy a car. They are totally refundable and not binding. Just take a look at YouTube how many clickbait people made a video that they preordered the Cybertruck for clicks (= Money). Do you really think most of them will actually buy the car? Or can even afford the car or need a big pickup? Can you imagine how many years Tesla need to produce 250k units of the Cybertruck when start production in late 2021?
Also the Cybertruck has to change drastically to be legal in like every country in the world. It has no sidemirrors, no legal headlights and it will fail every single crash or pedestrrian test with it's thick steel body and sharp edges.

Even the Tesla stock took a small hit after the Cybertruck reveal, so even the investors don't believe in the car.

It was a fun PR stunt from Tesla to reveal the Cybertruck like this. But in the end it's just a concept car and not anywhere near a real pre-production-prototype
do o think the vast majority will go through with their DEPOSITS? As in “earnest money?

Heck yes! The thing is awesome. And in many ways, it’s rebellious attitude is much more Mustang-like than the sterile Mach-E will ever be.

I am not much into Tesla cars. But I’d buy the Cybertruck today if I wasn’t saving my pennies for a GT500 CFTP.

I can imagine a substantial number of Mach E reservations were cancelled in favor of the Cybertruck. It’s a hit with the younger crowd as well. It looks cool and does everything better than Fords electric SUV. It’s a street legal batmobile. not only can soccer mom Debby take her kids to the game, stop for groceries, and get her nails done, she can drive the quad when she’s in a tight spot. It’s ridiculously full of awesome.

There will be region specific modifications, but it should remain faithful to what was seen demonstrated. Working, well built Cybertrucksc are running around. But if an f-150 is good enough with it’s sharp edges and tough exterior, cybertruck wont need to change much.

The only reason for any blip in stock is the shock factor. It’s radical. It’s not “safe.” It’s exciting and the Tesla cars aren’t like that. There is also a reason that Tesla stock is higher now. Pre-orders=confidence. Cybertruck has been a stock boost and all signs point to success.

The Mach E is just sad and sterile in comparison. Too safe. And anything wearing the Mustang name or Mach trim should not be losing the cool factor contest to Tesla. Just another reason this whole thing is lame.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Yes, it does appear that those who support the idea of an E-SUV being confused with America's most iconic car are extremely butt-pained that people have minds of their own and can see and call it the catastrophe that it is.
Lol be serious. We have been endlessly trolling you and many others by simply posting a photo with it's name, Mustang, and yall are losing your shit lol. From the seven pages novels to the endless attacks the butt hurt is strong with you and the others that can't get over a simple name. It has been pretty hilarious for me and others to so easily get under your skin with a photo and one word. I'm not sure why you and the rest of the butt hurt crew think we care about your opinions just like you don't care about ours. No matter how much how a temper tantrum you throw Ford is not changing the name so move on with your life. This thread was hijacked and ruined by the butthurt long ago and you won't move on so we will continue with the trolling.

MUSTANG
mache2.jpg

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
I'm more surprised by the gratuitous use of "butt hurt" by all "sides" in this thread. I don't think I've seen it used as often since about 10-15 years ago when most people stopped using the term.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Man, the new Mustang sure is an ugly, fat pig of a car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60