Sponsored

Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Anyone who is seriously considering this atrocity of a car should take a few minutes and listen to this podcast. There's a lot of painful truth in there.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
no. I didn’t “blow it up.” It’s common knowledge. The s550 started as an s197 and enough was changed along the way as to call it “new.”
Common knowledge is like saying the internet told you it can't lie those words are from Dave Pericak himself and that's good enough for me.

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
Anyone who is seriously considering this atrocity of a car should take a few minutes and listen to this podcast. There's a lot of painful truth in there.

I think this guy is dead on with his comments about the Mustang name not appealing to nor attracting MachE type buyers but pissing off current Mustang owners. I also think he's right about people absolutely hating the current dealership experience. It is MISERABLE.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Honest I really think writer of this piece needs to go back and do some more research.
1. Stocks - Today's stock price is a zero indicator of what is going to happen when the Mach-e comes out next year.
2. Name - Nothing we haven't heard before. I'd be willing to bet most people will be looking at the vehicle itself before making a purchase decision. The Mustang name might get a layman to look and walk in the front door but that's it.
3. Models - There are different trim levels of the Mach-E just like the Mustang. The writer puts up a webshot of the Telsa showing models with different motors and batteries. How is this different? And the analogy to the cell phone market, just silly.
4. Dealers - Yes we hate car dealers but they are not going away. Does this mean every other car manufacturer should give up EV's and let Tesla own the market. Again silly.
5. The knob on the screen - Really?
6. Pricing - The Mach-E will have a competitor in the Model Y. So?
7. Specs - Ford hasn't released final numbers yet. So what? Comparisions at this point are just that, pointless.
8. Self Driving - Who cares at this point?
9. Service - Ford is going to need to train service personal on EV's. They will so what's the issue.
10. Charging stations - Yes Telsa is ahead, no question. We will need to see what Ford does over the next year and then relook at this.
11. Batteries - Yes, this will be an area that Ford will need to address. Again we will need to see what Ford does over the next year and then relook at this.

Why Telsa will "crush" the mustang Mach-E? It won't. The bias of the writer is evident. How well will it do? Who knows. We will wait and see.

this atrocity of a car
So your getting on the name calling bandwagon too. OK, you do not like it but what makes it an atrocity?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Common knowledge is like saying the internet told you it can't lie those words are from Dave Pericak himself and that's good enough for me.
Really? What does Dave know? :) Silly us, believing the guy that was responsible for the S550.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
11. Batteries - Yes, this will be an area that Ford will need to address. Again we will need to see what Ford does over the next year and then relook at this.
These are made by LG not going to be a problem

Sponsored

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A

A channel that literally has Tesla in its name is siding with Tesla. Shocker.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
A channel that literally has Tesla in its name is siding with Tesla. Shocker.
everyone is siding with Tesla.

they took a huge risk with the cyber truck style and branding and the thing took off. Roaring success. It’s unique, has its own identity, does everything well, and has cool surprises.

tthe Ford electric SUV... is an SUV. confusingly named after a car. That’s it.

It’s pretty much a non - starter compared to Cybertruck.

Ford sells secret amount of “first editions.” Whatever that means and however many that means.

meanwhile Tesla’s Cybertruck took over 250,000 deposits in its first two days of being announced.

ford cannibalizes it’s most iconic brand and vehicle in order to sell an SUV.

Tesla creates a unique product that can stand on its own and sell itself.

One of these just created a market for itself. The other is so insecure, it doesn’t even take its first baby steps without trying to impersonate something else.

I never thought I’d EVER say this... but Tesla’s marketing department just owned Fords. And it’s not even close.

one slaps it’s own fans in the face to make a quick buck.

the other puts you in the vehicle of the future.
Sponsored