Sponsored

Who had the idea to come with a so tiny battery?

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Today I wanted to change my battery for an AGM, the reason is because I usually drive it for short trips to have it parked for days. With my previous experience (other cars) I always ended with f*ed batteries and I've found a solution only by using AGM batteries (they can sustain the continue charge/discharge and) and never had the issue again, so I wanted to put the same in my Bullitt (it goes down to 11.4v if I leave it parked for 2 days without a battery charger connected).
The surprise come up when I looked at the original battery... I mean didn't had a such small thing neither in my FIAT PANDA! :D ...and it's not only about the battery, it's also the casing that is that tiny: you can't put any larger battery than the stock one.
Apart the provocative title (who come up with the idea to put a such battery in a 5k v8), I'm struggling to find an AGM solution of that size here in Europe.

Ideas? I know, I can ask the dealer to swap it under warranty for free... but I will end up with another "crappy" battery, and I really want a definitive solution.

PS: does the GT comes with a larger battery housing? Or it is the same for all the Mustangs?
Sponsored

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
That's not my racing car, it's my daily drive toy.
Does anyone know if I can go for a 19cm (7.5") tall battery versus the 17.5cm stock battery? I've found AGM batteries, but only in that size here in EU (240x175x190).
I see chaps with GTs have used one, I assume it has the same battery case/space.

OP
OP

npole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019
Unfortunately I did not found any 96R sized battery here in EU, if not from "strange" unknown brands that I'm not willing to test. :)
I've found in this thread, that the guy (with a GT) installed a D4700, that is 19cm tall, and he said it fits and the cover can be closed.
Hopefully it will work.
Sponsored