Sponsored

Who got a car with only one half-shaft painted?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
So when I was doing my suspension changes I noticed the drivers side half-shaft was covered in surface rust from one end to the other. Then I looked at the passenger side and it was painted black. Both half-shafts still have the factory part labels on them. Anyone else get their car like that?

Blows my mind the lack of quality control on this car. It was clear "I don't give a fnck" was someone's motto. I've fixed so many things. Now adding "Paint rusty half shaft" to the list.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So when I was doing my suspension changes I noticed the drivers side half-shaft was covered in surface rust from one end to the other. Then I looked at the passenger side and it was painted black. Both half-shafts still have the factory part labels on them. Anyone else get their car like that?

Blows my mind the lack of quality control on this car. It was clear "I don't give a fnck" was someone's motto. I've fixed so many things. Now adding "Paint rusty half shaft" to the list.
It's your fault for letting the underside of the car get wet, duh!

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
If you don't want to do all the prep work for painting, you could pick up another half shaft from Shelby Auctions that is (probably 🥴) already painted

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Don’t worry, if you use your car properly you will break the axle anyway. The upgraded axles come painted.
Good point! I will do my best!

Sponsored

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Most likely a supplier production line change at the half shaft manufacturer. I worked as a Ford QVM in a previous life, and I understand their supplier requirements. The unpainted shaft most likely still meets the Teir 1 supplier specifications, it just isn't as pretty. Surface rust is acceptable on many underbody components, and has no effect on reliability/longevity.

If you don't like the look, paint it, but the surface rust is no indicator of lack of quality.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Most likely a supplier production line change at the half shaft manufacturer. I worked as a Ford QVM in a previous life, and I understand their supplier requirements. The unpainted shaft most likely still meets the Teir 1 supplier specifications, it just isn't as pretty. Surface rust is acceptable on many underbody components, and has no effect on reliability/longevity.

If you don't like the look, paint it, but the surface rust is no indicator of lack of quality.
Yeah, I get that it is not really a reliability concern. It's just that it triggers my OCD because they do not match. I've seen worse, the pumpkins used to come unpainted.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Isn't one thicker then the other? Could that have something to do with it?
Sponsored