Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I've wanted a GT350R since they came out, and was finally able to get an allocation. So the extra wait is not too bad, its just every time I see the new 718 GT4, or Spyder, it gets harder and harder. ;) My order and wait for the last gen GT4 was perfect, arrived to the dealer on the same day I was told when I ordered 4 months prior, and that included a trip on a boat from Germany!
You and I are following similar paths:
- Ordered a Porsche Cayman from Stuttgart and waited on delivery... showed up exactly on schedule.
- Ordered the Shelby and anxiously await arrival, even though delays have already occurred.

I have wanted a GT350 since the day I heard the exhaust.
Not many vehicles will handle as good as the mid-engine Cayman. I'm not expecting the Shelby to compete in the handling department... but that's not why I ordered one.
It's a completely different vehicle that will deliver a completely different experience.
I am much more eager for the arrival of the Shelby than I was for the Porsche.
Sponsored

GTPinCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth (past cars: 2012 370z, 2013 GTR)
You and I are following similar paths:
- Ordered a Porsche Cayman from Stuttgart and waited on delivery... showed up exactly on schedule.
- Ordered the Shelby and anxiously await arrival, even though delays have already occurred.

I have wanted a GT350 since the day I heard the exhaust.
Not many vehicles will handle as good as the mid-engine Cayman. I'm not expecting the Shelby to compete in the handling department... but that's not why I ordered one.
It's a completely different vehicle that will deliver a completely different experience.
I am much more eager for the arrival of the Shelby than I was for the Porsche.

Haha, I feel the same way! I track my GT4, and have no desire to get rid of it. It has his purpose, and fills the spot it needs to. I call the GT4 the scalpel, its precise, and goes exactly where I need it to, and I'm in total control. The Shelby is going to be the hammer. A little loud, a little brash, and will get a smile out of me every time I mash the throttle. Both have their purpose. And I totally can't wait to get the Shelby!

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Thanks everyone. I will say, Im happy Ford did not ship out a car with a defective shifter. I dont understand the lack of information and their PR staff. I would have been a little less concerned if I lived in a southern climate but, Our window for use is small and missing one has a bug impact

Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Thanks everyone. I will say, Im happy Ford did not ship out a car with a defective shifter. I dont understand the lack of information and their PR staff. I would have been a little less concerned if I lived in a southern climate but, Our window for use is small and missing one has a bug impact
Looks beautiful! Please let us know if you find anything that suffered from the long delay. Mine was built over seven weeks ago and had been delayed at Flat Rock with no explanation - so I'm a little leery...:fingerscrossed:

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Looks beautiful! Please let us know if you find anything that suffered from the long delay. Mine was built over seven weeks ago and had been delayed at Flat Rock with no explanation - so I'm a little leery...:fingerscrossed:
Randy,

I have a feeling yours was being held off site because of the shifter issue. They did not want any more piling up at the Phoenix rail yard.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Wow Tim, finally arrived. Best of luck with your new toy. Looks sweet.
That's awesome!! Congrats!! Mine is still surprisingly on target since Day 1 and now the delivery date has been moved up 6 days from 7/17 to 7/11.....still waiting for the floor to drop out....but maybe not....:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 2.52.36 PM.png

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
That's awesome!! Congrats!! Mine is still surprisingly on target since Day 1 and now the delivery date has been moved up 6 days from 7/17 to 7/11.....still waiting for the floor to drop out....but maybe not....:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 2.52.36 PM.png
Yours is ground transport - you must live pretty close to Flat Rock? You probably will get it right on time!

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RJay,

Actually I am in South Carolina so I wonder if maybe they have a lot of cars going down south...

G-

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Im still not sure its mine
20190623_151238.jpg
20190623_151147(0).jpg
Congratulations Tim on owning such a beautiful R model and obviously worth all the wait and frustration!

Really like the color combination along with the stripes.:)

Have you been able to take your R out on the road yet and what chassis number did you end up with?

Cool car for sure!!

:like::like:

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
RJay,

Actually I am in South Carolina so I wonder if maybe they have a lot of cars going down south...

G-
Really! LOL! I have given up trying to figure out their distribution strategy!

One dealer I'm working with is in Iowa, 500 miles from Flat Rock, and his delivery is rail. You're in SC and they're going to truck it down. Who knows?

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Congratulations Tim on owning such a beautiful R model and obviously worth all the wait and frustration!

Really like the color combination along with the stripes.:)

Have you been able to take your R out on the road yet and what chassis number did you end up with?

Cool car for sure!!

:like::like:
That blue with white stripes (especially on the R with those race red pinstripes) is definitely one of my three favorite exterior combinations of all time! Fantastic!

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really! LOL! I have given up trying to figure out their distribution strategy!

One dealer I'm working with is in Iowa, 500 miles from Flat Rock, and his delivery is rail. You're in SC and they're going to truck it down. Who knows?
Lol...agreed! How do you know its ground transportation?

Mustang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
After sitting in Flat Rock for almost 2 months my R is finally loaded on a rail car!
Sponsored