Last edited:

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Whoa. That is ultra helpful and why I signed up to this forum today. I am grateful for this knowledge and insight into the relationship between the various mechanisms This is great stuff. Thank you.
Hello All,

First and foremost, thanks to everyone that has contributed to this forum and has relayed such incredibly supportive and truthful information. As I do every night, since joining this forum, I sit and read everyone's status and realize more and more this is just a plain and simple screw up on Ford's part. Having that said, Here is my story in the most condensed and concise manner I can muster.

I have owned 13 prior Mustangs, the best one I have had yet was a 2012 GT500 Convertible, that I bought in 2011. In March of this year, I had the brilliant idea to sell the GT500 and buy a GT350. I figured it wouldn't take long to sell the GT500 and it didn't. I mean it did have a whopping 7,300 miles on it and was showroom condition. So, I made the biggest mistake of my car life and I sold it. Now comes the best part.......

On March 11th, I ordered my GT350. I assured there was an allocation and I left the dealership (which I have done business with for over 40 years), happy and confident that I would be styling in the new car by Memorial Day. My dealer told me the car would be in, in about 9 weeks. So again, no reason to worry. I was given a sheet, with all the options on it, an order number and a dealer code. Hurray! So, as I have several times in the past Ford life, I would call the 1-800 number and inquire about my order. Each time, I would get "Order Processing, Material Hold."

Seeing this isn't my first rodeo, I was looking for the elusive VIN. At the one month mark (4/11), I called Ford again and was told nothing had changed. I called my dealer and I told "we are doing everything we can for your order." I began doing the nightly searches, Ebay, Autotrader, Car Gurus, the whole bit. I was starting to see Memorial Day becoming a long shot and then I began starting to hear stories about the plagued steering wheel curse.

As 5/11 came around, again calling the by heart known 1-800 number, I was again given the same story, Order Processing, Material Hold. Again the dealer got a call and I was told there was a problem with the materials needed to complete the car, but it would still be built. As the rainy spring continued, I was thinking, well at least the weather is not good.

So as I was eyeing the calendar and seeing 6/11 was not too far off in the distance, I called Ford on 6/1. I was told by a person there that he would "doubt very highly" if the car was built and I should put some heat on my dealer about a 2020. Well, needless to say I was, well pissed and disappointed. Now the whole question came into my mind, would they still have Kona Blue? Would I be guaranteed a car? What about all the aggravation for an allocation? On and on. Well, I called the dealer and I gave him a piece of my mind. He told me, "Mark, I will guarantee you get a VIN within the next 2 or 3 days, or you have a lock on an allocation for a 2020 and don't worry, they have Kona Blue in the 2020." I thought to myself, where the frig is the VIN?

Well, two days later, I got a VIN. The VIN, given to me on 6/3, shows on the website as being delivered to my dealer on 9/9 (89 days). So, with my VIN, I called my dealer. I get the info the car is being built the week of 8/5, which is the last week 2019 MY are being built. I am still gun shy of the date and the whole bit. I am waiting to hear there is an issue with the steering wheels, the stripes, the shifter, tires cracking, etc. This whole ordeal and hearing what everyone else is experiencing, the amount of people that have bought other cars (Mercedes, Porches, etc), makes me wonder, just how important are we as customers? Will we ever know the real story?

I look every night for the exact clone. There is not one out there, the way I ordered this car. I don't plan on tracking this car. This will be a weekender and beach trip here and there. This will be, most likely, the last brand new car I buy. The car the way it is specked, is more than my first condo. Does Ford give a hoot about us? I must admit being a die hard Ford Customer for over 40 years of driving, and driving one everyday for my profession, at one time I would never consider buying anything else. This circle jerk instigated me coming very close to visiting a huge Chevrolet Dealer in New Hampshire and buying a 2019 Corvette Grand Sport L2, oh and I almost forget to mention, they have no less than 300 new Vettes on their property at any given time.

Let's see how this turns out. This could quite possibly be the lost summer of 2019. What started out with a baseless promise of Memorial Day, may result in the hope for a few road trips before Fall.

Keep the faith!!!

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Hello All,

First and foremost, thanks to everyone that has contributed to this forum and has relayed such incredibly supportive and truthful information. As I do every night, since joining this forum, I sit and read everyone's status and realize more and more this is just a plain and simple screw up on Ford's part. Having that said, Here is my story in the most condensed and concise manner I can muster.

I have owned 13 prior Mustangs, the best one I have had yet was a 2012 GT500 Convertible, that I bought in 2011. In March of this year, I had the brilliant idea to sell the GT500 and buy a GT350. I figured it wouldn't take long to sell the GT500 and it didn't. I mean it did have a whopping 7,300 miles on it and was showroom condition. So, I made the biggest mistake of my car life and I sold it. Now comes the best part.......

On March 11th, I ordered my GT350. I assured there was an allocation and I left the dealership (which I have done business with for over 40 years), happy and confident that I would be styling in the new car by Memorial Day. My dealer told me the car would be in, in about 9 weeks. So again, no reason to worry. I was given a sheet, with all the options on it, an order number and a dealer code. Hurray! So, as I have several times in the past Ford life, I would call the 1-800 number and inquire about my order. Each time, I would get "Order Processing, Material Hold."

Seeing this isn't my first rodeo, I was looking for the elusive VIN. At the one month mark (4/11), I called Ford again and was told nothing had changed. I called my dealer and I told "we are doing everything we can for your order." I began doing the nightly searches, Ebay, Autotrader, Car Gurus, the whole bit. I was starting to see Memorial Day becoming a long shot and then I began starting to hear stories about the plagued steering wheel curse.

As 5/11 came around, again calling the by heart known 1-800 number, I was again given the same story, Order Processing, Material Hold. Again the dealer got a call and I was told there was a problem with the materials needed to complete the car, but it would still be built. As the rainy spring continued, I was thinking, well at least the weather is not good.

So as I was eyeing the calendar and seeing 6/11 was not too far off in the distance, I called Ford on 6/1. I was told by a person there that he would "doubt very highly" if the car was built and I should put some heat on my dealer about a 2020. Well, needless to say I was, well pissed and disappointed. Now the whole question came into my mind, would they still have Kona Blue? Would I be guaranteed a car? What about all the aggravation for an allocation? On and on. Well, I called the dealer and I gave him a piece of my mind. He told me, "Mark, I will guarantee you get a VIN within the next 2 or 3 days, or you have a lock on an allocation for a 2020 and don't worry, they have Kona Blue in the 2020." I thought to myself, where the frig is the VIN?

Well, two days later, I got a VIN. The VIN, given to me on 6/3, shows on the website as being delivered to my dealer on 9/9 (89 days). So, with my VIN, I called my dealer. I get the info the car is being built the week of 8/5, which is the last week 2019 MY are being built. I am still gun shy of the date and the whole bit. I am waiting to hear there is an issue with the steering wheels, the stripes, the shifter, tires cracking, etc. This whole ordeal and hearing what everyone else is experiencing, the amount of people that have bought other cars (Mercedes, Porches, etc), makes me wonder, just how important are we as customers? Will we ever know the real story?

I look every night for the exact clone. There is not one out there, the way I ordered this car. I don't plan on tracking this car. This will be a weekender and beach trip here and there. This will be, most likely, the last brand new car I buy. The car the way it is specked, is more than my first condo. Does Ford give a hoot about us? I must admit being a die hard Ford Customer for over 40 years of driving, and driving one everyday for my profession, at one time I would never consider buying anything else. This circle jerk instigated me coming very close to visiting a huge Chevrolet Dealer in New Hampshire and buying a 2019 Corvette Grand Sport L2, oh and I almost forget to mention, they have no less than 300 new Vettes on their property at any given time.

Let's see how this turns out. This could quite possibly be the lost summer of 2019. What started out with a baseless promise of Memorial Day, may result in the hope for a few road trips before Fall.

Keep the faith!!!
I wish that I didn't love her already.

Sponsored

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
It arrived today. Here are some pictures from the dealer. I’m picking her up tomorrow. I ordered on 3/4 blend date 5/2 arrived 6/12.
More pictures after I look at it and wash it!! Keep the faith!!!
72369616-F6F7-48EB-9BBA-30435402751D.jpeg
73195E6C-8118-4BC7-B51C-3DEB1F025D67.jpeg

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
Thanks!! Performance Blue!
Also, I forgot to mention, when I ordered mine, the zone rep told my dealer the car wouldn’t be delivered until late May/ early June. She did pretty good on the timing.

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Gold wing 2020 f-150 pro stock mustang. 2019 Shelby gt 350
Well I wish someone would tell me when mine should be here, but that’s the problem. They have no idea. looking at two cars tomorrow will probably cancel my order. Enjoy your ride.

Sponsored

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
It arrived today. Here are some pictures from the dealer. I’m picking her up tomorrow. I ordered on 3/4 blend date 5/2 arrived 6/12.
More pictures after I look at it and wash it!! Keep the faith!!!
72369616-F6F7-48EB-9BBA-30435402751D.jpeg
73195E6C-8118-4BC7-B51C-3DEB1F025D67.jpeg
Very nice car! Congrats. Funny, we ordered days apart, you have yours, mine won't be built (hopefully), until the week of August 5th. I guess I shouldn't play powerball this week! Drive her in good health and enjoy! Happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Whoa. That is ultra helpful and why I signed up to this forum today. I am grateful for this knowledge and insight into the relationship between the various mechanisms This is great stuff. Thank you.
You're quite welcome! Lack of information is what drives us all nuts! It's a hackneyed phrase, but you will be overjoyed once it arrives! All will be forgiven! I came out of a 2013 GT500, and this car trumps it at every level except low end torque. I can live with that. The exhaust note alone is worth the price of admission!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
"I look every night for the exact clone. There is not one out there, the way I ordered this car."

LOL, yes....because as you know maybe I would have pounced on it. ;-)
Mark & I talk often given we have the same exact orders in.

Like with him & others Ford has made this anything but the fun it should be for us or their dealer or their zone reps who end up looking like fools for insisting one thing to only be wronged. Allocations were turned into a guessing game presumably because of a secret shorter build cycle OR because of production problems causing the same - we may never really know. I've had my local dealer looking as a plan B for that same car when Ford didn't give him his 2nd allocation (for my December order)....of course a few week after one of the other great guys here hooked me up with an allocation, in the midwest & I reordered to be drop shipped here, my orig local dealer was offered allocations again only to tell Ford he didn't need it because he lost my sale. Its a circus....and as I've said layoffs didn't help (or so I hear).

The good part - the great people met here helping or consoling or sharing concerns & tips with each other. I would have preferred a little less pain in this process, and my build & ETA is also well later than I hoped assuming it doesn't also slip (I assume it will) none the less have met some fantastic other people though this forum.

So I too want to thank all here who have been cool & I look forward to sharing more experience notes. Thanks!

Jimichrist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Well.... mine went into production status today. Blend date on the window sticker is 6/24. Hopefully things will remain on track.

QWKVUDU23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP - 2019 GT350R - 2018 Raptor
Mine just switched from "released to body shop" to "awaiting shipment".... Ordered 3/8, blend 5/13, original delivery date was 6/23 then 6/21 then 6/1. Ford Performance told me the vehicle was produced on the 5/13, then released to body shop on 5/25 and now released for shipment today 6/13 (19 days at the body shop for stripes I'm assuming). Oxford White R, painted roof and matte black/red stripes. I'm beyond excited at this point, originally when I took the allocation the dealer told me late summer for delivery so I cant be too mad. Just hoping that the delivery goes smooth now, I'm ready for that engine to sing to me again.
Sponsored

Last edited: