Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Alright everyone getting the runaround here, what color did you order?
White with blue stripes/red accent.

I was just told today that Ford may not get around to building my March 5th order that I put a non-refundable $5k down on in late February. Of course the dealer is guessing because his rep allegedly won't tell him anything.
I spoke with the owner of the dealer face to face to make the deal. I verified that they had an allocation for a 2019 GT350R for me. My order has been on "manual hold" in the system for over 3 months and I cant get any information out of Ford Performance or my dealer.
It seems as if I've waited my whole life to buy this car. I've invested a great deal of time and emotion into this. The reps should be calling customers with their entire work-week and giving out free Ford-promo gear to sooth their avid enthusiasts. I have heard only crickets. My dealer said "Ford sometimes over-promises and under-delivers". That's my answer??!

I suppose I will just wait until I hear 2019 production has stopped to demand my money back????? If that happens, I will be one pissed-off consumer.
This is unbelievable to witness.

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Beautiful on the R! Really makes all the red parts pop!

Did they ever give you a VIN?
Still waiting on the VIN. I check with Ford Performance once a week. They are very nice there but can't tell me much other than it's on manual hold and suggest I call the dealer to have them ask the rep. The dealer seems resigned to the fact that he is wasting his time with the Ford rep.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Still waiting on the VIN. I check with Ford Performance once a week. They are very nice there but can't tell me much other than it's on manual hold and suggest I call the dealer to have them ask the rep. The dealer seems resigned to the fact that he is wasting his time with the Ford rep.
There are people on this forum with FAR more knowledge than I - but that doesn't sound right. Your dealer paid $$$ for his participation in the Shelby program and that bought him his allocation. That allocation, your R, would probably bring in $6K+ to the dealership. If you were the dealer, would you accept that answer? Just doesn't add up...

Sponsored

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
There are people on this forum with FAR more knowledge than I - but that doesn't sound right. Your dealer paid $$$ for his participation in the Shelby program and that bought him his allocation. That allocation, your R, would probably bring in $6K+ to the dealership. If you were the dealer, would you accept that answer? Just doesn't add up...
I agree. The fact that the deal is at MSRP is what makes me look at the dealer. The dealer keeps throwing Ford under the bus and Ford wont tell me any different so I do not know what to believe. It does not make sense on any level. If the dealer is not being straight with me, you would hope that ford would care. Apparently not though.

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I agree. The fact that the deal is at MSRP is what makes me look at the dealer. The dealer keeps throwing Ford under the bus and Ford wont tell me any different so I do not know what to believe. It does not make sense on any level. If the dealer is not being straight with me, you would hope that ford would care. Apparently not though.
I worked for a year to get that deal. I may have wasted my time. The dealer seems to be on the up and up but...it stinks somewhere.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Ask to see the DORA... no DORA, means no order received by Ford from the dealer.
I received my VIN within weeks of getting the DORA, and I received the DORA the day after I gave them my deposit.

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I have an order number and dealer code that Ford can see in their system. So Ford acknowledges I have an order. They just can't tell me anything else.

Sponsored

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Same story here.
At least I'm not alone. It gives me hope. I'm willing to be as patient as it takes. I just don't want to start all over again. Would they roll it to 2020 model year and start the process over? I wonder how many years could pass - given my obvious lack of priority in the system.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
At least I'm not alone. It gives me hope. I'm willing to be as patient as it takes. I just don't want to start all over again. Would they roll it to 2020 model year and start the process over? I wonder how many years could pass - given my obvious lack of priority in the system.
Boy, you ARE patient! I, for one, would not leave that to chance. AFAIK, the 2019 Shelby orders are closed, they're either going to produce it or they're not. If you trust your dealer, go straight there and ask if they bought into the 2020 Shelby program. Tell them you want that 2020 R for all of your damn trouble - they've been holding $5000 of your money since February! Regarding priority, customer orders get processed first. I snagged a dealer stock order that was exactly what I would have personally ordered but now I'm at the mercy of the system! Mine was built 05/06, but it's still sitting in Flat Rock and other cars built after that date are in their owner's garages! :frown:

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Boy, you ARE patient! I, for one, would not leave that to chance. AFAIK, the 2019 Shelby orders are closed, they're either going to produce it or they're not. If you trust your dealer, go straight there and ask if they bought into the 2020 Shelby program. Tell them you want that 2020 R for all of your damn trouble - they've been holding $5000 of your money since February! Regarding priority, customer orders get processed first. I snagged a dealer stock order that was exactly what I would have personally ordered but now I'm at the mercy of the system! Mine was built 05/06, but it's still sitting in Flat Rock and other cars built after that date are in their owner's garages! :frown:
Thank you for the feedback. I've been so appreciative for the deal and opportunity up until now. I'll rethink my strategy and talk to the owner about options. Congrats on the order. You must be excited - so close!

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
ccdriver: This a little confusing. If your dealer does not have a VIN assigned by Ford, then it's not scheduled to be built yet. Not sure why its taken so long to assign a VIN. The dealer gets a report from the factory, weekly. They can also check it, daily, to see if it's changed. It's called a vehicle visibility report and gives the status of your specific unit. Once you're assign a VIN, then it will be scheduled for production, which is usually about a week if things are going as they should. Once a VIN is assigned your car will be built. There have been a shitpot load of delays with the 2019's to include waiting on steering wheels, (vendor strike in Mexico), factory waiting on shipments of vinyl stripes, a defective part in the shifter mechanisms, and rail car breakdowns and delays. The lack of cogent information from the factory is the problem. It's not the fault of your dealer or the zone rep. The factory does not directly communicate with Zone reps. or dealerships. Sometimes they respond to an e-mail, but not often. The factory is basically autonomous and no outside phone call or influence changes their production system. The "track your car" web site and Ford Performance 800 number are the same. They only know what's on the VVR, hence no one really knows the status of your car until it is changed by the factory on the VVR. I gave up on my order of 02/08/2019 last week and my dealer found another dealer that had an exact clone of my original order. We were able to negotiate a dealer exchange and I now have my new car. It was built 02/12/2019, so it missed the shit storm of delays that hit Ford in late February and into March productions. I sent a letter of complaint directly to the CEO of Ford, James Hackett, three weeks ago. A few days ago I got a call from Ford executive offices and was basically told what I've given you. Bottom line is that all these issues are being addressed by the factory, but no one is going to be told an exact date your car will be released for transit. I know, it sucks. Even Ford corporate gets little information and has even less influence on production scheduling. The best you can do is ask your dealer to keep abreast of the VVR and let you know when you've been assigned a VIN. It can sometimes take as long as 3 to 4 weeks to get a VIN assigned. Once that's confirmed then the factory will build your car. As far as 2019 MY production goes, it's getting close to closing out and changing over to 2020 MY. I think you've got a good chance of getting your VIN assigned before they shift to the 2020 GT350, which will basically be a clone of the 2019. Hope this helps in your quest for what the hell is going on!!

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
ccdriver: This a little confusing. If your dealer does not have a VIN assigned by Ford, then it's not scheduled to be built yet. Not sure why its taken so long to assign a VIN. The dealer gets a report from the factory, weekly. It's called a vehicle visibility report and gives the status of your specific unit. Once you're assign a VIN, then it will be scheduled for production, which is usually about a week if things are going as they should. Once a VIN is assigned your car will be built. There have been a shitpot load of delays with the 2019's to include waiting on steering wheels, (vendor strike in Mexico), factory waiting on shipments of vinyl stripes, a defective part in the shifter mechanisms, and rail car breakdowns and delays. The lack of cogent information from the factory is the problem. It's not the fault of your dealer or the zone rep. The factory does not directly communicate with Zone reps. or dealerships. Sometimes they respond to an e-mail, but not often. The factory is basically autonomous and no outside phone call or influence changes their production system. The "track your car" web site and Ford Performance 800 number are the same. They only know what's on the VVR, hence no one really knows the status of your car until it is changed by the factory on the VVR. I gave up on my order of 02/08/2019 last week and my dealer found another dealer that had an exact clone of my original order. We were able to negotiate a dealer exchange and I now have my new car. It was built 02/12/2019, so it missed the shit storm of delays that hit Ford in late February and into March productions. I sent a letter of complaint directly to the CEO of Ford, James Hackett, three weeks ago. A few days ago I got a call from Ford executive offices and was basically told what I've given you. Bottom line is that all these issues are being addressed by the factory, but no one is going to be told an exact date your car will be released for transit. I know, it sucks. Even Ford corporate gets little information and has even less influence on production scheduling. The best you can do is ask your dealer to keep abreast of the VVR and let you know when you've been assigned a VIN. It can sometimes take as long as 3 to 4 weeks to get a VIN assigned. Once that's confirmed then the factory will build your car. As far as 2019 MY production goes, it's getting close to closing out and changing over to 2020 MY. I think you've got a good chance of getting your VIN assigned before they shift to the 2020 GT350, which will basically be a clone of the 2019. Hope this helps in your quest for what the hell is going on!!
Whoa. That is ultra helpful and why I signed up to this forum today. I am grateful for this knowledge and insight into the relationship between the various mechanisms This is great stuff. Thank you.
Sponsored