Sponsored

Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
Just found out from the ford rep that mine is waiting on stripes. Omg.
Ordered 3/4, produced 5/3, original eta 5/14
Now my eta pending no date.

Lol.
Stop watching.
Sponsored

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
Mine is sitting at the railroad track in my city since last week. Had EDD for 21st - 27th. Now when I talk to Ford the EDD is no longer there and my dealer isn’t giving me much info. So I’m kinda in the dark again. Am I gonna see the car this week as I expected it? Who knows. This been a terrible experience ordering this car...

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Just found out from the ford rep that mine is waiting on stripes. Omg.
Ordered 3/4, produced 5/3, original eta 5/14
Now my eta pending no date.

Lol.
Stop watching.
This is getting plain ridiculous. Car costs 65-70K and we are waiting on stripes. I am curious, seeing I was just told mine is on a Material Hold, what color stripes did you order? I find it amazing it may come down to a car being shipped by just picking the color of the stripes. I have ordered a Kona Blue Car with Black Stripes. I heard it was the Carbon Fiber after the steering wheel baloney. Now I am reading trains are broken down. I think the next term I search for in Google is "Dealer Inventory." Good Lord.

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
So got an update from my dealer. The car is just sitting in my city waiting to be loaded and delivered to the dealer. They’re gonna call tomorrow to see if they can get it moving for me. Apparently a customer who ordered a Raptor had to wait a month after it arrived in the city to be delivered to the dealer... I wish Ford would take their EDD more serious.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The antiquated rail car delivery system needs to be trashed and abandoned. It is inefficient and undependable. Only the F-150 trucks and the Mustangs are sent to Md. via rail car delivery. All other SUV's etc. are loaded on a transport truck at the factory and delivered directly to the dealership in a matter of a few days! Get this: F-150's are off loaded in Jessup, Md. then they are TRANSPORTED to Delaware where they are put on another truck and then shipped back to the dealers in Maryland!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about F'd up! My dealer is less than 20 miles from Jessup. Once again, Unions and low bids dictate this stupidity. Ford has a better idea...……….right!

Sponsored

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Gold wing 2020 f-150 pro stock mustang. 2019 Shelby gt 350
dealer told me that once the car is at the rail yard, The car no longer belongs to Ford. It’s the property of the dealership, and they start paying interest on the car, even though the car is not in their physical possession. So not only is it disappointing to me as the buyer, it’s costly to the dealership as well. I remember a few years back waiting on the delivery of my F250. The truck was held up for weeks because of a rail car shortage. Interesting thing while driving through New Mexico. I passed a mile of empty rail cars. two weeks later when I came back through they were still sitting in the same place.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
dealer told me that once the car is at the rail yard, The car no longer belongs to Ford. It’s the property of the dealership, and they start paying interest on the car, even though the car is not in their physical possession. So not only is it disappointing to me as the buyer, it’s costly to the dealership as well. I remember a few years back waiting on the delivery of my F250. The truck was held up for weeks because of a rail car shortage. Interesting thing while driving through New Mexico. I passed a mile of empty rail cars. two weeks later when I came back through they were still sitting in the same place.
And you're making my point. Just gouging the public and dealerships.

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
So today turning out to be a good day. The car was delivered to the dealer and will be ready tomorrow. However, it’s gonna rain for two days here... More waiting continues. But I’m gonna make the trip to the dealer today to see the car.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
The antiquated rail car delivery system needs to be trashed and abandoned. It is inefficient and undependable....
I think not for railroad workers and their families.

Ford should offer a $10,000 option for guys that need their car immediately. They offer this for free with the Ford GT.
GTb.JPG

I am a little short on cash for the Ford GT so my GT350 car will get here when it gets here. No problem.

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I have ordered a Kona Blue Car with Black Stripes." Good Lord.
Same here: Kona with Black Stripes - though I ordered Black Roof also.

Ordered 1/16/2019 (for diff customer - changed for my color & option specs on 4/12)
As of this Tuesday Build Scheduled for 7/22
And Delivery/ETA range 8/26 to 8/30 (aka September)

Just got my VIN Tuesday. So as of yesterday schedule estimates (and that's all they really are) it's 2 months from build and 100 days from Delivery....

I've ordered Fords to spec before. This time been anything but wonderful- delayed gratification is an understatement - and none of that the fault of the 2 fine dealers trying their best for me.

That's just the way it is - lets hope those builds aren't effected by an environment of massive layoffs or new unanticipated supply chain snags.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Same here: Kona with Black Stripes - though I ordered Black Roof also.

Ordered 1/16/2019 (for diff customer - changed for my color & option specs on 4/12)
As of this Tuesday Build Scheduled for 7/22
And Delivery/ETA range 8/26 to 8/30 (aka September)

Just got my VIN Tuesday. So as of yesterday schedule estimates (and that's all they really are) it's 2 months from build and 100 days from Delivery....

I've ordered Fords to spec before. This time been anything but wonderful- delayed gratification is an understatement - and none of that the fault of the 2 fine dealers trying their best for me.

That's just the way it is - lets hope those builds aren't effected by an environment of massive layoffs or new unanticipated supply chain snags.
Sounds like we ordered very similar cars. Mine is Kona with black stripes, no recaro, black roof, carbon fiber, cover. I ordered 3/11/19 and all has been quiet. I hope I get some news soon, but I don't want to wish the summer away. This is probably the tenth factory order I have placed, this by far is the worst, communication with Ford and the dealer has been horrible. The entire order operation and the way the good people on this forum have been kept in the dark is absolutely ridiculous. I was hoping to have my car for Memorial Day- NOT, I was then hoping for July 4th- NOT, I guess I should shoot for Labor Day. At this point, I am realistically looking at Labor Day, but the way this ordeal has gone, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I was taking delivery during the first snow fall. Totally frustrated. Just an FYI, Inskeep Ford in Indiana has a car very similar to what we ordered, just without the carbon fiber.

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
Another Kona Blue checking in (Electronics Pack, White Stripes). Ordered 2nd week of Nov with sofa seats. Removed them last week of Dec. Got VIN 3rd week of March. EDD mid June.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
....This is probably the tenth factory order I have placed, this by far is the worst, communication with Ford and the dealer has been horrible. The entire order operation and the way the good people on this forum have been kept in the dark is absolutely ridiculous....
Again, I am not worried about it.

I have ordered more than Ford 15 cars and trucks, but not one limited edition car [The 1995 Cobra R sold out in 3 hours on the first day, I got mine used from an undertaker.]

There will be at least one book written about these cars one day soon. The author will number the book. Stay calm.

Here is the book from the year 2000 which included the 1995 Cobra R:
95-R.JPG

Someone will do a book on these cars.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Again, I am not worried about it.

I have ordered more than Ford 15 cars and trucks, but not one limited edition car [The 1995 Cobra R sold out in 3 hours on the first day, I got mine used from an undertaker.]

There will be at least one book written about these cars one day soon. The author will number the book. Stay calm.

Here is the book from the year 2000 which included the 1995 Cobra R:
95-R.JPG

Someone will do a book on these cars.
Nice!!!! Looking very forward to getting the car. Just a bit frustrated!
Sponsored