Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Just got off the phone with Ford, my R is being built May 20 and hopefully shipped a few days later. Car is being shipped to NY so they claim it will be one of the first R's to be shipped. I feel like a kid in a candy store with this news today.
Sponsored

MYKE350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 4x4,2020 Explorer ST, 2020 GT500
Just called,the man I spoke with said mine is ready.He thinks the wait for shipment is due to the weather because of the tires.THATS THE EXCUSE GIVEN TO ME.Any others....

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Cup 2's can def crack below certain temps and I read they had issues when the 350R's were first released with cracking... so it's a reasonable excuse. even if it's warm where you are, it's still pretty cold near detroit (below freezing at night) and the rolling them around could damage them.

gt350wcs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yes I was told the tires and below freezing could be the delay.

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Cup 2's can def crack below certain temps and I read they had issues when the 350R's were first released with cracking... so it's a reasonable excuse. even if it's warm where you are, it's still pretty cold near detroit (below freezing at night) and the rolling them around could damage them.
You suggest changing them out for the the Michelin pilot sport 4S 305 and 325?

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
You suggest changing them out for the the Michelin pilot sport 4S 305 and 325?
Depends on what you want out of the car... I've already bought a 2nd set of 6gr rims w/ PSS's mounted for street use and plan to use them for the first couple track days to get used to the car as well, the cup 2's will be for track days only for me.

I've had friends that HATE the cup 2's on street as they throw up a lot of rocks and crap because they are so sticky.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
OH, if anyone is fairly close to me, I'd def be interested in buying the take off cup 2's too if you guys are switching to more street friendly rubber :)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My understanding is that the Cup 2's that come on the 2019 GT350's will not be the same tire as the Cup 2's that come on the R models with the compound and the molds being somewhat different between the two different versions of Cup 2's.

Additionally it is my understanding that the GT350 Cup 2's will have somewhat more tread depth than what has come on the R models for the first 4 MY's.

Again just my understanding and will be interesting to find out once your cars start to arrive later this Spring and Summer.

:wink:

gt350wcs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Depends on what you want out of the car... I've already bought a 2nd set of 6gr rims w/ PSS's mounted for street use and plan to use them for the first couple track days to get used to the car as well, the cup 2's will be for track days only for me.

I've had friends that HATE the cup 2's on street as they throw up a lot of rocks and crap because they are so sticky.
Front stone guards will help a lot, ZL1 addons sells them made for the gt350 look like it came from Ford. I bought a set. Don't have the car yet.
Capture.PNG

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
My understanding is that the Cup 2's that come on the 2019 GT350's will not be the same tire as the Cup 2's that come on the R models with the compound and the molds being somewhat different between the two different versions of Cup 2's.

Additionally it is my understanding that the GT350 Cup 2's will have somewhat more tread depth than what has come on the R models for the first 4 MY's.

Again just my understanding and will be interesting to find out once your cars start to arrive later this Spring and Summer.

:wink:
I've heard similar, they are supposed to be 35 sidewall vs the R 30, and the sizes still aren't listed on tire rack or anything... I'd be happy if they slightly alter compound to last longer with a bit less grip... time will tell!

Sponsored

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R

That's what I heard and thought! Not tracking this car. Maybe it pays to sell them before using them and put the pilot sport 4S's on. Heard the 325's fit nicely on the R and are good for the street?

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Front stone guards will help a lot, ZL1 addons sells them made for the gt350 look like it came from Ford. I bought a set. Don't have the car yet.
Capture.PNG
I had a carbon fiber rocker built for this car which we altered to block the rocks.
Woody Rocker.jpg

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Capture.PNG
I bought the foam inserts for mine. I don't think that 100% solves the issue with cup 2's but it should help! we will see in time!

gt350wcs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Nice, that must have been costly.

While we are talking about that area I also got the BMR jacking rails low profile to protect when raising the car for oil changes.

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Yes they were but a very beautiful weave and light in weight as well.
Sponsored