Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Them: I want the greatest Engine you can produce for 2020
Ford: DONE
Them: I want the greatest suspension you can produce using advanced technology
Them: I want the greatest aerotechnology you can produce for 2020
Them: I want the most up-to-date interior you can produce comfort, quality and sportiness
Them: I want the greatest electronics controlling everything that you can produce
Them: I want the ABSOLUTE most capable all around performance machine FORD has ever done
Ford: Done
Them: YoU DiDN't pUt a 100 yeAR oLd TrANsMisSiOn iN it!!!???
Ford: What.. The.... F**k...
Really? the greatest engine produced in 2020 will not go into a GT500.

False: Every F1 car, a majority of IMSA (GT) cars and Ford GT utilize DSSV. MRC can be equated to your last comment on transmissions.

Speculative; no numbers whatsoever released by Ford.

ford stated most powerful, did they not?

Opinion; opinions vary.
but facts do not

Based on? Again speculation, no numbers or specs released by Ford.
ford claimed

See Ford GT.

see GT500
Is that why you purchased/own a GT350? Tremec gears and twin disc clutches are pretty amazing.

Point being, opinions vary and performance variables concerning GT500 are pure speculation at this point. Time will tell.
Welcome to reading comprehension 101
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Why cant I get it without the fancy suspension and monster brakes? I want to prove how manly i am by competing with less tech and more driver input
That's a disingenuous comparison at best, and I'm sure you know that. But I'm sure the guys here who regularly actually track their GT350s' and make suspension and brake modifications over the "best" stuff already installed - I'm sure they are just doing it randomly right?

Some people don't want or aren't comfortable with a manual transmission - I'm fine with that. It's not my money that's buying their car. Why do you care so much what other people pay for / drive?

Meanwhile

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
That's a disingenuous comparison at best, and I'm sure you know that. But I'm sure the guys here who regularly actually track their GT350s' and make suspension and brake modifications over the "best" stuff already installed - I'm sure they are just doing it randomly right?

Some people don't want or aren't comfortable with a manual transmission - I'm fine with that. It's not my money that's buying their car. Why do you care so much what other people pay for / drive?

Meanwhile

The general argument was they want the manual to "be in control" and have personal satisfaction of piloting the car to its max performance.. but only in 1 area, so the comparison is equal. almost like its illogical to demnad sub-pat performance, when arguably the most result oriented aspect could be improved upon

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Why cant I get it without the fancy suspension and monster brakes? I want to prove how manly i am by competing with less tech and more driver input
Buy a 300A with a Whipple. Done.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

Meanwhile

Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins was great with shifting a 4 speed, but could not compete against the 10R80 or the 2020 DCT's.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Buy a 300A with a Whipple. Done.
was being facetious. i love gt500 as it sits, well could do with a few less lbs.. but i want ALL the latest and greatest tech. not 99% of it then held back by an inferior transmission, negating the rest of the technological advancements

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The general argument was they want the manual to "be in control" and have personal satisfaction of piloting the car to its max performance.. but only in 1 area, so the comparison is equal. almost like its illogical to demnad sub-pat performance, when arguably the most result oriented aspect could be improved upon
Well on the flip side, an automatic trans performance car takes driver ability out of the equation in say the 1/4 mile - beyond reaction time. Different strokes.

My argument on my why I choose a manual is simple. I like actually being engaged driving the car. Rowing through the gears is relaxing and fun for me at the same time. I've been driving a manual so long I don't even think about it anymore.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins was great with shifting a 4 speed, but could not compete against the 10R80 or the 2020 DCT's.
True enough I guess. But by that same reasoning, I wonder how long it takes before humans won't allowed to drive at all - since the computer would do it better. I hope I don't live that long.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
True enough I guess. But by that same reasoning, I wonder how long it takes before humans won't allowed to drive at all - since the computer would do it better. I hope I don't live that long.
There will always be antique cars and car shows.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
was being facetious. i love gt500 as it sits, well could do with a few less lbs.. but i want ALL the latest and greatest tech. not 99% of it then held back by an inferior transmission, negating the rest of the technological advancements
Well then you should be happy they installed a better trans than the 6 speed manual.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
but look at all the fun he's having!
I still have a 4 speed car, but my Mustang was required to have the 10R80. No way I would've bought the MT82.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I still have a 4 speed car, but my Mustang was required to have the 10R80. No way I would've bought the MT82.
i'll be honest, i actually liked that tranny with a MGW and bg fluids, but now have a tr6060 and love it even more.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I guess for 2018 the MT in MT82 stood for "Emp-ty Promises"

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Well on the flip side, an automatic trans performance car takes driver ability out of the equation in say the 1/4 mile - beyond reaction time. Different strokes.

My argument on my why I choose a manual is simple. I like actually being engaged driving the car. Rowing through the gears is relaxing and fun for me at the same time. I've been driving a manual so long I don't even think about it anymore.
I wouldnt say thats a flip-side, id say its the same thing, maximizing the potential, maximizing the expected repeatable results.
Sponsored