Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It will be faster so they will buy it!
Some will, some won't.

It'll be the same argument all over again. Bragging rights surrounding the performance numbers themselves vs the involvement (or lack thereof) in obtaining them yourself . . . and unless people come to accept a computer-synthesized V8 roar, there won't even be the traditional sounds of high performance to fall back on for excitement. Sounds awfully clinical/bland to me.

Norm
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Them: I want the greatest Engine you can produce for 2020
Ford: DONE
Them: I want the greatest suspension you can produce using advanced technology
Them: I want the greatest aerotechnology you can produce for 2020
Them: I want the most up-to-date interior you can produce comfort, quality and sportiness
Them: I want the greatest electronics controlling everything that you can produce
Them: I want the ABSOLUTE most capable all around performance machine FORD has ever done
Ford: Done
Them: YoU DiDN't pUt a 100 yeAR oLd TrANsMisSiOn iN it!!!???
Ford: What.. The.... F**k...

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Them: I want the most up-to-date interior you can produce comfort, quality and sportiness
Them: I want the greatest electronics controlling everything that you can produce
Them: I want the ABSOLUTE most capable all around performance machine FORD has ever done
Why not just make it autonomous and remove all the fun?

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
See...if they only offer the manual then the kids can't text and drive. And we can't have that!!!
Having driven many various cars with both manual and automatic transmission, it's obvious the decision makers are the robot drones in the upper offices who not only never drive, they never DRIVE. It's all about the connection, they have none and expect us to fall in line and on our swords.
And if anyone wants to make F1 and Indycar racing more interesting and meaningful, put the damn third pedal back in!!!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Why not just make it autonomous and remove all the fun?
Why cant I get it without the fancy suspension and monster brakes? I want to prove how manly i am by competing with less tech and more driver input

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I don't think anyone is going to be the winner here. This is a dead end.

Edited to add: nobody can get thier head out of thier ass long enough to appreciate a nice pair.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Why cant I get it without the fancy suspension and monster brakes? I want to prove how manly i am by competing with less tech and more driver input
ABS is for pansies!

Side note: some high volume contributors in this thread were also moaning and groaning about the slick digital display ... I got a pretty good chuckle :D

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I don't think anyone is going to be the winner here. This is a dead end.

Edited to add: nobody can get thier head out of thier ass long enough to appreciate a nice pair.
At this point it's a bunch of strategic non-replies and obtuse-by-design nonsense.

Agreed, __boobs__. :D

BTW, I enjoyed the heck out of your Rolex 24 Hour post (we didn't go this year, again, but the online coverage is always outstanding, and that last day was weather shitstorm that was MUCH better from the couch :D)

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
100% agreed.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
At this point it's a bunch of strategic non-replies and obtuse-by-design nonsense.

Agreed, __boobs__. :D

BTW, I enjoyed the heck out of your Rolex 24 Hour post (we didn't go this year, again, but the online coverage is always outstanding, and that last day was weather shitstorm that was MUCH better from the couch :D)
The whole thread was ridiculous. You don't want a GT500 with a DCT, don't buy it. Shoulda been one response and lock it up :facepalm:

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm not going to use monster brakes at the car shows. I'd rather have 13" rotors and single piston calipers. "real men" have to save brakes because historically production cars almost never had good enough brakes for their power level until recently. So let's all go back to carburators, manuals, small brakes, hand-cranks, and beam axles! Because i'm a man and that's what I want.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Nope, not manual or bust. I've driven manuals, I've driven automatics, I've driven DCTs. My preference is DCT, Automatic, manual...provided there is a direct way to control the gears on the automatic (paddle, bump stick, etc)

I understand why some people only want manuals. I really do, and I think they should still be an option (no cost option). However, Ford has put out quite a few packages that are manual only and I know plenty that would have loved a performance pack in a V8 automatic. Because it was manual only, they said pass to the mustang and bought something else.

I want the mustang to be successful. That means have enough options that people can say "yep, I can do that" Having a DCT gives a good option for people, but there should be a manual option as well.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
The DCT is best thing to happen to the GT500 since 2007.

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
Really? the greatest engine produced in 2020 will not go into a GT500.

False: Every F1 car, a majority of IMSA (GT) cars and Ford GT utilize DSSV. MRC can be equated to your last comment on transmissions.

Speculative; no numbers whatsoever released by Ford.

Opinion; opinions vary.

Based on? Again speculation, no numbers or specs released by Ford.

See Ford GT.

Is that why you purchased/own a GT350? Tremec gears and twin disc clutches are pretty amazing.

Point being, opinions vary and performance variables concerning GT500 are pure speculation at this point. Time will tell.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
MRC is banned in pro racing for a reason.
Sponsored