Sponsored

Who else has wonky usb issues with android auto and apple car play?

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
It’s not a bug, it’s a problem. I’ve had a number of Ford vehicles with Sync 3 and never had this issue. It’s a new car under warranty so bring it to the dealer. Could be the APIM, could be the USB port itself. Could be a wire and/or a connection. Now if the dealer does everything they can and it still happens, we’ll then maybe it’s a bug. :giggle: :like:
eh i’ve got time. i’ve always had bugs with sync between my f150, my old mustang and this one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma

Bidaci

Threads
Reaction score
Website
cionispeed.car.blog
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB PP
My 19 does the same thing with Android auto. I have always rebooted the phone to clear it. Never tried shutting the car off or leaving it plugged in to see if it clears out on its own. Always Thought I was a phone issue.

Sponsored

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I don't use either AA or Apple Carplay but I do have a USB stick permanently plugged in loaded with music. Sometimes the car will not recognise the stick being there when I start the car. My 2011 Mustang did the same thing, my 2016 Edge does it and now this 2019 Mustang does it. It only happens once in a while but every car I've owned with Sync has done it. Just one of life's little mysteries.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I got a new Android a couple of days ago. Still using my "old" and decent charging cable for the car, hooked up under arm rest. AA pops up much quicker and "bugs" are gone. Charging ports in Androids do go bad, that's the main reason I updated my phone. Charging cable now sits very snug, until it wears out of course. Good luck.

Jay Marcase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Vert Eco Prem
Thank you!!!! I’ve been looking for this as well so I don’t have to shut the car off and open a door.
Someone that feels my pain. I hate when it happens in the middle of a drive and now I can chance it at a light or I can pull over and shut it off, open the door, hold the keys out the car. I found that holding the key out of the car made it shut off much quicker. But knowingnthere’s a soft reboot is a game changer.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Every now and then, the USB ports just take a shit and won’t charge the phone or start android auto or apple car play. It like bugs out. The ports aren’t faulty, it seems to just be some sync glitch where it will stop reading from them for like five minutes then magically start again. It’s super random, no rhyme or reason. Ill plug in my iPhone 11 Pro, it won’t even charge. So then I plugged my s21 ultra in and it says make sure the cable is plugged in properly, which it is. So I plug into another port and after a minute it works. I’ll unplug and then plug into the console one again and it’ll work. It’s so odd and annoying. Wish sync 3 had wireless android auto and carplay.
I’ve had the same issue but not sure if it’s my cord or the plug. I haven’t got a new cord yet to try it.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
You need a new USB charge/sync cord. I had the same issues, got a new cable and that ended it. Get a high quality one that supports at least 15w (Turbo Connect) and I had no issues.

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
first thing i would try is replacing the cable. i have only used the usb in the center console and its worked consistently with my iphone 12 and now 13. the cable is the apple one that came with the phone.
You solved the issue by replacing the cable? Damn, I've tried all sorts of cables including OEM and have yet to find success. The only that that works is shutting the vehicle down, letting all the animations on the infotainment end, wait a full minute, then fire it up again. Tada... it works until it doesn't want to.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Mine has been dead now for over a month. Tried multiple cords, even took the center dash apart to make sure everything was hooked up correctly. I don’t want to have the dealer messing with it but I guess that’s my best option right now.

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Every now and then, the USB ports just take a shit and won’t charge the phone or start android auto or apple car play. It like bugs out. The ports aren’t faulty, it seems to just be some sync glitch where it will stop reading from them for like five minutes then magically start again. It’s super random, no rhyme or reason. Ill plug in my iPhone 11 Pro, it won’t even charge. So then I plugged my s21 ultra in and it says make sure the cable is plugged in properly, which it is. So I plug into another port and after a minute it works. I’ll unplug and then plug into the console one again and it’ll work. It’s so odd and annoying. Wish sync 3 had wireless android auto and carplay.
The first thing I would do is get a genuine manufacturer cable. I've had so many bad experiences with 3rd party cables even from, popular brands like Belking or Anker. I am using the original Google Pixel 6 Pro USB A to Type C cable and have not had a single issue.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The first thing I would do is get a genuine manufacturer cable. I've had so many bad experiences with 3rd party cables even from, popular brands like Belking or Anker. I am using the original Google Pixel 6 Pro USB A to Type C cable and have not had a single issue.
Unfortunately this seems to be an issue popping up with many folks. I too have dead USB ports and I’ve tried multiple cables which all work perfectly fine plugged into any other port that isn’t in my Shelby lol. Not to mention, one of them is the same cord I’ve always used in my mustang so I know for sure it’s not a bad cord.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Cable connections will oxidize/corrode over time. Plugging and unplugging the cable 10 times in a row on both ends will oftentimes burnish the connectors and provide some relief. Using CRC electronic cleaner while devices are powered down is also good practice during the plugging /unplugging procedure .
Sponsored