Sponsored

Who changes their own oil with a factory Ford warranty?

Ninpop9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
I use the OEM oil filters and write the mileage and date on them, then I take a picture of it held up to the odometer. They can't void you're warranty especially if you have the receipts.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Also, an oil change at the dealer takes like two hours because they suck so F that.
45 minutes if I talk shop for 20 of that… you do not speak the truth according to facts from my experience… and you sound bitter my friend.
A Snickers may help.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
45 minutes if I talk shop for 20 of that… you do not speak the truth according to facts from my experience… and you sound bitter my friend.
A Snickers may help.
Speak for yourself, karen, don't lie about me.

OP
OP
Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
On the ford pass app you can put in that you did an oil change which is what I did. But I also kept the receipts just in case.
I have that app. I changed it on 5/6/22. Can I back date it?

I'll have to check it out.

Edit:

I just added it! Also added the receipt of the oil I purchased from rock Auto. Just can't find the receipt for the oil filter.

But I did add some pictures that I took performing the oil change.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
You can self-report to Carfax on service work and oil change intervals, so it shows all dates and work performed.

Been ASE mater tech for 50 years so no one work on my cars but me. I do not trust any other tech with my rides.

BD

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I just dumped some Mobil 1 this weekend that might have had 1,000 miles on it. The OLM is the boss until the warranty's out, but I do it myself out of personal preference.
I love it. Best post yet. The dude scared of warranty is using one of the few 5/50’s on the market that doesn’t meet the spec. Epic.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Like many, I will be doing my own oil changes, keeping the receipts and maintaining a log. I have a vested interest in my car, some skin in the game. The dealerships, good as some can be, do not.

If not changing it yourself and the dealer is not up to one's standards, seek out any a local pro or mod shop, a facility passionate about cars. Document with receipts and photos.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I do, rotate the tires at the same time. Will rotating your own tires void the warranty, how about the filter should I be worried?

What happens if the windshield washer runs dry? How about the Ford air in the tires?

Could not resist.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I changed my own oil some of the time and I also paid the dealer for it sometimes. It just depended on the weather and if I had time. I found that the dealer didn't always have the right oil in stock for my car, so I got in the habit of bringing the oil and filter in with the car and they would just use my parts. They would charge $35 for the oil change when using my parts, which seemed more than fair.

My experience with the dealer for oil changes was good. My local dealers all acted like my GT350 was a Ferrari or some other mythical beast that they were honored to work on. I had issues with the dealer doing other things like installing the splitter, but never an issue with oil changes.

My main reason for not always going to the dealer was time. They were slow and I could change it a lot more quickly myself. I don't do anything special with oil change records. I didn't think I would need them.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I never let a dealer touch any of my cars. This rule is not changing for "Janey" the Mustang.

Couple moths ago I tested my new Mercedes-Benz dealer by asking them if they had the only MB-Approved engine oil that goes in my car to sell me. They hadn't.
This only mean they were going to use the wrong oil to service my car.

MB dealers are regarded as the absolute best here. Never trust the dealer.

Deleted member 35644

I love it. Best post yet. The dude scared of warranty is using one of the few 5/50’s on the market that doesn’t meet the spec. Epic.
Do you sit ready to pounce with comments like this? I didn't realize I was posting in a GT350 thread when I responded to the OP's question about diy oil changes. I'm using oil that meets spec for an Ecoboost, so don't worry yourself. It's a shame that there's at least one of your types in every forum... Always there to add negativity & call people out when you could just as easily let it go on by. We appreciate your input.... Not.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
On the ford pass app you can put in that you did an oil change which is what I did. But I also kept the receipts just in case.
Thanks for this. I don't use the app but I checked and you can do the same thing on the Ford website. So I added mine in.

Also when doing that I noticed that the ESP that I bought from Granger is listed as an "air conditioning repair" on my car maintenance log on the Ford website. I also do not see that I have an ESP activated anywhere on my account.

I contacted Granger and they said they are dealing with Ford to get that sorted. Just FYI in case anyone else bought ESP from Granger.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Couple moths ago I tested my new Mercedes-Benz dealer by asking them if they had the only MB-Approved engine oil that goes in my car to sell me. They hadn't.
This only mean they were going to use the wrong oil to service my car.

MB dealers are regarded as the absolute best here. Never trust the dealer.
I know a former MB tech...he said they give the "easy" jobs like tire rotations and oil changes to the newbies who know nothing and don't care. They even forgot to tighten the wheels on a MB during a rotation and they fell off...No thanks - I'll stay with my hands and tools.
Sponsored