Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
How long will it take to get the cars?
That's a loaded question. With the mach 1 there's a lot of late availability options. If you avoid those probably late January. If you hit handling package think April. Late availability colors I'm not sure.
Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
It would be false advertising for one, and I can't see Ford risking the blowback. Also we don't know why the 2022 makes less power- is it detuned, or did Ford add a gasoline particulate filter (GPF)?

The truth though is that it will likely be impossible to tell the difference from a driver's perspective, so why worry. As a 2021 owner, the true value isn't the extra 10 horsepower, so much as it is the smug/bragging rights. 2022 gets better colors as the consolation prize.
Not necessarily true. Years from now in the mind of potential collectors that 10hp/10tq can definitely affect perceived value. Has happened to many models from 60s-80s. True your butt won't feel it as much. But collectors will. Not that it won't be desirable just not as highly. TBH though most who buy won't be keeping that long anyways.

Ford has clarified what created the reduction in power.

The hydrocarbon traps were changed and the mass airflow sensor location was modified on top of a new calibration. So looking at the MAF location should indicate which motor you have.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42730...-0l-v8-down-10-hp-to-meet-emissions-standards

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
That's a loaded question. With the mach 1 there's a lot of late availability options. If you avoid those probably late January. If you hit handling package think April. Late availability colors I'm not sure.
April is spring time, perfect timing for a new sports car. That way you get exactly what you want and winter is over. Depending on where you live.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
April is spring time, perfect timing for a new sports car. That way you get exactly what you want and winter is over. Depending on where you live.
Yeah, if you want a spring mustang nows the time to order before the order banks get clogged.

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
The Mach 1 isn’t cheap and it is the last year of the S550 which doesn’t help, but I love this car and am not waiting 1-2 years more-life is short. I will say the order banks just opened and I contacted 6 local dealers with what I specifically wanted I wanted. Only one was responsive and serious and they came very close to Iowa and PA prices here. $100 deposit and 15 minutes of time and it was ordered. The others for the most part ignored me or wanted MSRP, $1000 deposit or were worried about their allocation. Heck one of them even laughed and said why would I waste my allocation for below MSRP?
Who did you order from?

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
I'm in the process of placing an order for a 2022.....Mach E GT from Granger. It'll be the perfect winter beater for my 2021 Mach 1. :handsinair:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
It would be false advertising for one, and I can't see Ford risking the blowback. Also we don't know why the 2022 makes less power- is it detuned, or did Ford add a gasoline particulate filter (GPF)?

The truth though is that it will likely be impossible to tell the difference from a driver's perspective, so why worry. As a 2021 owner, the true value isn't the extra 10 horsepower, so much as it is the smug/bragging rights. 2022 gets better colors as the consolation prize.
Ford had that issue back in ‘99 with the cobra. I doubt they would want to relieve that experience of cars not making advertised numbers…….

OP
OP

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Ford had that issue back in ‘99 with the cobra. I doubt they would want to relieve that experience of cars not making advertised numbers…….
The 1999 Cobra situation was/is completely different. In this situation, the deficit is being announced well in advance. In ‘99, Ford and SVT sold a considerable amount of cars that did not dyno their advertised rating. Numerous enthusiasts discovered the problem, not Ford. There was a campaign from Ford to rectify this and it was an improved intake manifold. Bottom line is, they are not similar situations.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 1999 Cobra situation was/is completely different. In this situation, the deficit is being announced well in advance. In ‘99, Ford and SVT sold a considerable amount of cars that did not dyno their advertised rating. Numerous enthusiasts discovered the problem, not Ford. There was a campaign from Ford to rectify this and it was an improved intake manifold. Bottom line is, they are not similar situations.
The reason I mentioned it was @The Demon was worried he could get a 470hp motor stuffed in a ‘21 and not know. My point was I don’t see ford installing any motors that don’t meet the advertised numbers for that particular year

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Exactly why I ordered my handling package now, I want it for the spring. I really don’t mind the wait, but hope it’s not into the summer.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly why I ordered my handling package now, I want it for the spring. I really don’t mind the wait, but hope it’s not into the summer.
For ‘21 ford was not accepting HP orders this early. I wasn’t until the first week of the jan that you could actually order the HP in the system. You should double check with your dealer that this has changed for ‘22 and you are in some kind of queue just to make sure. Would t want to see you in a situation where they are just waiting until Jan to actually place your order

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
For ‘21 ford was not accepting HP orders this early. I wasn’t until the first week of the jan that you could actually order the HP in the system. You should double check with your dealer that this has changed for ‘22 and you are in some kind of queue just to make sure. Would t want to see you in a situation where they are just waiting until Jan to actually place your order
I have the attached order confirmation email from Ford. Granted they call the handling package by another name.

5A4DE10D-8660-43C6-987D-A688BEDB23E3.png

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Yeah, it's different this year. It can be submitted now. It just won't be selected for scheduling.
Sponsored