Sponsored

Whiteline Mustang GT w/ Magneride Grip Series Suspension Kit (2018-2021)

brett19gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt 10a magnetic
Does anyone have any experience with the whiteline swaybars and magneride lowering combo? Part GS1-FRD011 . The spring rates seem very close to factory, and the diameter of the front bar is only 30mm, but they claim a 66% increase in stiffness. Claimed spring rates 196lb/in front, 661lb/in rear. Looking to improve appearance, dial out some understeer and improve mid corner grip in a DD/occasional track car.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Mid corner grip is 95% tire choice. Dialing out understeer is mostly getting big enough front tires under the car. Swaybars can shift some of the grip front to rear or vice versa but they can’t really add mid corner grip.

i’d suggest some good 285 square tires on 10” wide wheels.

sways are great for fast transitions and springs can reduce dive and squat or lower the car, but lowering doesn’t increase grip. The tires do the road holding part.

thats why you see sport cup 2s on all the high end models where Ford is looking to pad their performance numbers.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Mid corner grip is 95% tire choice. Dialing out understeer is mostly getting big enough front tires under the car. Swaybars can shift some of the grip front to rear or vice versa but they can’t really add mid corner grip.
I'm on the 255 PZero tires, Steeda Bar on 2 hole and great alignment and my car has noticeable less understeer than Mach 1 Base car tested back to back. Understeer is mostly better bar/alignment.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on the 255 PZero tires, Steeda Bar on 2 hole and great alignment and my car has noticeable less understeer than Mach 1 Base car tested back to back. Understeer is mostly better bar/alignment.
Yeah you can remove rear grip to fix the understeer (stiffer rear bar) or you can add front grip (looser front bar and/or bigger tires). I'd rather have more total grip by adding tire, but if you don't have that option, then yes, use the bars.

OP
OP

brett19gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt 10a magnetic
Thanks for the tips. Was hoping whiteline had done the research and come up with a well balanced turn-key package...

We aren't allowed to run spacers in oz, so I think the biggest square setup for a road car we can get away with is 275.
Sponsored