Sponsored

Whiteline DKT943 vs BMR010 vs Steeda

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The EB/PP got the double-Whiteline full-replacement treatment. Aside from the drive-shaft click/clack it was basically silent. The GT has BMR CB762+Whiteline Diff total replacement and there is an undercurrent of 'road growl' but not remotely like the piercing diff singing you get with the Puck systems. Next spring I might try retrofitting the Whiteline IRS bushings (drop-in kit, not total replacement) and see if I can't banish the noise. The GT has some noise from the MT82 trans because of the Steeda trans (front) insert. The EB I passed on that piece and no discernable increase in trans noise.

The Whiteline stuff costs a fraction of the BMR/Steeda solutions and does a much better job IMO.

Yes there are large ID/OD washers to protect the bushing material from being cut by the narrow lip of the bushing cups. There is some squishing of the material but all of the bolt torque is being absorbed by the bolt, acting on the center hollow shaft. The WL system has some give to it unlike solid 6061/Delrin which allows it to attenuate sound. I wouldn't recommend Delrin as a material because it's not particularly suited to shock loads. That said most of those forces are absorbed by the suspension so unless you're able to drive big twist/bending loads into the sub-frame it's not really a problem. Delrin is just a lot cheaper to source and machine than 6061 and gives you a rigid and dimensionally consistent solution vs something like 85shore Poly.

The Camaro has a similarly defective factory solution (void rubber, but seems a lot stiffer?) and I'll be making my own Whiteline-like solution since there are no offerings except from GM (6061, and dimensioned wrong) or BMR's which are too hard.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
The description of the KDT943 is synthetic elastomer. What kind of material is that? A hard rigid plastic or a softer rubber?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The KDT is a med firm rubber - soft enough you can deform it with your hand. The BMR/Steeda pieces are a hard plastic.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
I've just purchased the Whiteline DKT953 full subframe to body replacement, DKT933 diff mount full replacement and the DKT928 trans mount filler. I'm also installing the BMR control arm bearing BK055 at the same time. The DKT933 appears to be on back-order, but once it arrives and they are all installed I'll check back in with a report.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
The description of the KDT943 is synthetic elastomer. What kind of material is that? A hard rigid plastic or a softer rubber?
Synthetic elastomers cover a pretty wide range of materials. I'm actually using one for a flooring material in a battery factory. But to your question, generally speaking, they are more like a rubber material than a hard plastic. Most bushings fall into the 75 to 95 Shore A range.

From Acrotech
1613423400512.png

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to guess I am the only person who will respond that has actually used all 3 of these on my personal vehicle/s. Additionally, the BMR CB005/CB010 is a part that I was involved in designing when I was at BMR.

*My honest opinion is this. If you are doing a SINGLE modification then the BMR CB010/005 is the single best modification you can do when talking these style of add-ons.

**IF you are going to add an arsenal of other items, then you really cannot go wrong with any of these 3 being mentioned. I have a 2020 Mustang GT with 800hp and a MT82 transmission. I currently use the WL poly inserts. They work great with other key items added but by themselves, they are a waste of your money and time.

*= The BMR system does what every other system does, then more. It fills the gap/void between the bushings and the chassis and eliminates vertical movement. Where the BMR kit shines is that it also locks the bushing in place fore, aft, laterally, 360 degrees by utilizing an outer lip the locks down around the bushing housing of the IRS subframe. BMR is still to this day, the only company who uses that design feature and it is why the term "lockout" was used.

**= I like to test various theories and products as that is just what I enjoy. I mentioned I currently use the WL kit and that is because I wanted to use it, with bearings and bushing upgrades elsewhere and THEN go back and add the more rigid IRS mounting solutions. At the current time, the WL kit paired with RLCA Bearings, Toe Bearings, Toe links (for proper alignment) - the car feels and works decent for my needs.

Hey KellTrac,

A friend of mine advised me to install the BMR control arm to eliminate the traction, power loss for good.
Would you specify which rear part to be installed >? I am driving a 2018 with the same power range and tranny.
Thanks in advance,
Sponsored