Sponsored

White Stitching on California Special Headrest?

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
So I just noticed something today (I guess I am getting blind in my old age). My GT/CS, which I bought used with 965 miles on it, has white stitching on the headrests instead of red. All the other stitching is red and the VIN checks out as CS equipped car. The car was manufactured in late November 2020 (a few days before Thanksgiving, actually), so I am wondering if this is one of those deals where someone either just screwed up on the assembly line, or if Ford ran out of CS red stitched headrests so they just dropped the white stitched ones on. The leather color matches perfectly with the seats.

It obviously hasn't bothered me up to this point, because it took me 3 months to notice it, but it is kind of weird.
Sponsored

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
Now I want to go check mine lol

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I just noticed something today (I guess I am getting blind in my old age). My GT/CS, which I bought used with 965 miles on it, has white stitching on the headrests instead of red. All the other stitching is red and the VIN checks out as CS equipped car. The car was manufactured in late November 2020 (a few days before Thanksgiving, actually), so I am wondering if this is one of those deals where someone either just screwed up on the assembly line, or if Ford ran out of CS red stitched headrests so they just dropped the white stitched ones on. The leather color matches perfectly with the seats.

It obviously hasn't bothered me up to this point, because it took me 3 months to notice it, but it is kind of weird.
And now you will see it all the time … :frown:

If it is wrong and as it’s still in warranty, talk to your dealer about putting it right :like:

WD :like:

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2021 Mustang GT/CS

I keep editing my reply...lol. What year is your car?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ay1820

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
And now you will see it all the time … :frown:

If it is wrong and as it’s still in warranty, talk to your dealer about putting it right :like:

WD :like:
I bought the car used just a few months ago. It is still under warranty, so I was planning to ask the local Ford dealer about.

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020, manufacture date of 11/24/2020.
Mine is a 2021, so it may not be the same. Back before Covid a car built in November was usually labeled as the upcoming year. I can't say what my headrests have. But I can go check...lol.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There is really good chance that the original owner swapped them out. Maybe he liked the red stitching. Anyway good luck with your dealer. I think it unlikely they will swap them out under warranty. No way to prove the car came from the factory that way.

OP
OP
ay1820

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Anyway good luck with your dealer. I think it unlikely they will swap them out under warranty. No way to prove the car came from the factory that way.
Agree. That would be a real long shot ...

Sponsored

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
What the heck….

I have same color CS kinda diggin the silver/gray stripe.
I posted about it once before. It came that way and I'm embarrassed to admit I noticed it after I had it transported in an enclosed trailer from the dealership to a storage garage. It was December 28, right after a big snow storm. I noticed that night when looking at the pictures I had taken.

The dealership ordered a replacement for the black stripe, but they received the wrong side. The passenger side silver stripe should be in any day. I like both. But decided to go silver...lol.

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I posted about it once before. It came that way and I'm embarrassed to admit I noticed it after I had it transported in an enclosed trailer from the dealership to a storage garage. It was December 28, right after a big snow storm. I noticed that night when looking at the pictures I had taken.

The dealership ordered a replacement for the black stripe, but they received the wrong side. The passenger side silver stripe should be in any day. I like both. But decided to go silver...lol.
Interesting haha. Silver is sweet and unique:like:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Mine is red. But my stripes don't match...lol.
20220604_172828.jpg
20220306_151943.jpg
20220306_151959.jpg
Something like that happened to my Dad and his company car. Everyone was issued Ford Torino's. He and another guy were on their way to an appointment and the other guy asked him, "how did you get the Mercury Montego?". All the badges on the passenger side were Mercury.
Sponsored