Sponsored

Whirring/Whining noise under acceleration

Jonrezz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2016 GT ordered 3/5
HI!

I'm going to bring it into the dealership this week for them to diagnose, however am wondering what you guys think. the car is factory ordered with 700 miles on it at this point. 2016 GT base trim no pp:

Under light and moderate acceleration car makes a moderately high pitch "whirring/whining" noise. under very light throttle at low rpms a distinct, loud vibration can be produced intermittently. under hard acceleration noise persists but gets drowned out by normal sounding engine noise. while coasting, symptoms don't persist, only under acceleration. Noise seems to be coming from transmission area while sitting in drivers seat but I haven't investigated further. while idling engine makes noise similar to a diesel engine which I thought was strange but I can't hear any pings or whirring/whining so maybe that's normal.

I haven't recorded a video of the sounds but if you think it'll be helpful I can upload one later.

Thanks for your opinions!

Jon
Sponsored

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sounds like ours are doing the same, mine only starts making the sound after it's warmed up, sounds like dry gear cogs rotating.

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
HI!

I'm going to bring it into the dealership this week for them to diagnose, however am wondering what you guys think. the car is factory ordered with 700 miles on it at this point. 2016 GT base trim no pp:

Under light and moderate acceleration car makes a moderately high pitch "whirring/whining" noise. under very light throttle at low rpms a distinct, loud vibration can be produced intermittently. under hard acceleration noise persists but gets drowned out by normal sounding engine noise. while coasting, symptoms don't persist, only under acceleration. Noise seems to be coming from transmission area while sitting in drivers seat but I haven't investigated further. while idling engine makes noise similar to a diesel engine which I thought was strange but I can't hear any pings or whirring/whining so maybe that's normal.

I haven't recorded a video of the sounds but if you think it'll be helpful I can upload one later.

Thanks for your opinions!

Jon
If you've got a Video it'll be good to hear yours.

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mine is a manual and I've heard a throw out bearing and it's not like that, to be honest a lot of people mention this type of sound and indications are it's normal but some cars do it louder than others, mines terrible, and Ford UK are having a real trouble fixing mine.
Sponsored