OP
sumfoo1

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
I find it funny that they didn’t show a pic of the engine compartment.
Sorry, i wasn't trying to be snarky. This is going to be almost a daily driver for me. so i'm valuing warranty and mileage over blower.

Also the one i'm getting has the handling package on it and some other stuff i'd prefer over this one. This is pretty much a DIY gt500 and i won't lie it's pretty well done.

The only issue i think is up right now is that i think it has an e85 tune in it... and the dealer is filling it at their pump... probably not on e85.

Whipple Gen 2
3.75 pulley then 3.5 pulley
Whipple supplied airbox
Whipple 132mm Eliptical TB
ID1050x injectors
JMS Fuel Max BAP dual 20v
NGK spark plugs gapped to .028"
IAT2 harness
longtubes

This is the mod list i found out through lund as the dealer had no idea what was done to it.

As mentioned above there is a buck in the tune and it has been serviced by a ford dealer with the blower on it so i don't know if it has a warranty on it at all anymore.

but for anyone who wants a well built car that has a couple tune issues that could be sorted cheap have at it.

OP
OP
sumfoo1

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
I find it funny that they didn’t show a pic of the engine compartment.
yeah i didn't know it was blown when i showed up...

i wanted to see if i could daily a gt350 in the rain so i initially test drove it in a downpour

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)
I would never buy a modded car. I told a friend of mine not to get a pulled terminator back in the day. He had to do an expensive rebuild within a couple of months.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I would never buy a modded car. I told a friend of mine not to get a pulled terminator back in the day. He had to do an expensive rebuild within a couple of months.
I'm the same way. You knever know how good the work or tuning is unless you can get ahold of the shop/tuner that did the work and you trust them.

OP
OP
sumfoo1

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I'm the same way. You knever know how good the work or tuning is unless you can get ahold of the shop/tuner that did the work and you trust them.
Tuner was John lund jr and the title has the shop...
I did do diligence I think on the factory whipple pulley and the 93 tune it’s probably a great car.

I just don’t like the color and I’ll be daily driving this thing so I want my 60k mile powertrain warranty then I’ll slap the blower on.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Sorry, i wasn't trying to be snarky. This is going to be almost a daily driver for me. so i'm valuing warranty and mileage over blower.

Also the one i'm getting has the handling package on it and some other stuff i'd prefer over this one. This is pretty much a DIY gt500 and i won't lie it's pretty well done.

The only issue i think is up right now is that i think it has an e85 tune in it... and the dealer is filling it at their pump... probably not on e85.

Whipple Gen 2
3.75 pulley then 3.5 pulley
Whipple supplied airbox
Whipple 132mm Eliptical TB
ID1050x injectors
JMS Fuel Max BAP dual 20v
NGK spark plugs gapped to .028"
IAT2 harness
longtubes

This is the mod list i found out through lund as the dealer had no idea what was done to it.

As mentioned above there is a buck in the tune and it has been serviced by a ford dealer with the blower on it so i don't know if it has a warranty on it at all anymore.

but for anyone who wants a well built car that has a couple tune issues that could be sorted cheap have at it.
I didn’t take it as snarky lol.
I’m saying it’s best to pass up on a modified GT350 and try to find a stock one.
In my opinion anytime you buy any modified car or bike you’re also paying for the previous owners headache.

OP
OP
sumfoo1

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t take it as snarky lol.
I’m saying it’s best to pass up on a modified GT350 and try to find a stock one.
In my opinion anytime you buy any modified car or bike you’re also paying for the previous owners headache.
Yeah they got rid of it for a reason typically. If it was 5 years old or the gt500 was shipping it would make sense

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
That thing is probably not going to sell at the price they're asking. You could always offer them $40,000 and list off all the reasons why you think they should accept. If they decline then leave them your number and tell them to get back to you if they change their mind. And then call them every week or so to see if they'll budge. Because that might be a very fun car to drive if you put a pulley on it to lower the boost and then tune it for better driveability. $40,000 might be a good deal.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I'm trying to Gauge people's opinions on this car. I originally posted this is the forced induction forums and was told to post it here and i would probably have better luck.

Now, these guys do build engines and i have no idea if it is built or not since he traded it in to a dealer. (which makes me skeptical but maybe he was just in a hurry)

On Good Friday I went to test drive a gt350 and to my surprise (not listed) it had a whipple on it.

Not only did it have a whipple it had been pulleyed down from the stock 3.75" that comes with the kit to a 3.5”

Now, I haven’t really been looking at supercharged cars so I’m not really sure if a 3.5” pulley is safe on a gt350 without heavy bottom end mods or running exclusively on e85. Any help would be appreciated.

I kinda feel in love with the car and while it’s not really intended to be a daily, it will get 10k miles a year and I’d like it to survive more than 1 year.

Dealer has no idea of what other supporting mods have been done.

Would taking it to a ford dealer and having a leak down check and compression check done on it address the major concerns and then i could just pulley it down to something milder for more frequent driving abuse?

Do you think they could run a scope in a cylinder and see if the piston is stock or not ?

Thanks in advance guys.
Just FYI . I am not one to go “silent “ when shit happens as the community learns from all my “misadventures “

Just bent 3 or 4 rods on my stock motor running 3.5 pulley /Gen 3 whipple/whipple tune adding 1.6* timing /C16 /cat deletes . Car ran like a scalded ape . No track/strip and only run on the street but multiple dyno pulls . It saw some intermittent knock on the dyno I thought was false as it did not do it on the street after .

I suspect plasma liner on block is done and will need to sleeve to reuse .

I am tearing down the complete engine I had kept as a spare and sending off the short block to be built - upgraded GT 350 specific Manley rods . I may keep the stock pistons as I am told my reliable source they are high quality forged Mahle.

When I swap in reassembled “spare” long block with built bottom end I will send the damaged block off to be sleeved so I have still have a “spare motor” .

I was bummed at first when I found out the “tapping” was the bottom end as I assumed at first it was the litter /rocker arms but I kind of always knew I was on borrowed time with the stock engine (hence the spare ).

I initially had considered keeping the “spare engine “ in case I wanted to go back to NA some day .... but who am I kidding !

I had considered may be offering it as “warranty “ if I sold the car but really who wants to be buy a modded GT 350 let alone a supercharged one .

This one is a keeper and I plan to send it again once it’s back together .
I will definitely be ditching the Whipple tune which I always felt was suspect (not blaming it ) and will be finally installing the E85/ return fuel system /ID1300’s-I held off as I wanted to see how fast/far I could go on the whipple tune race gas .

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Just FYI . I am not one to go “silent “ when shit happens as the community learns from all my “misadventures “

Just bent 3 or 4 rods on my stock motor running 3.5 pulley /Gen 3 whipple/whipple tune adding 1.6* timing /C16 /cat deletes . Car ran like a scalded ape . No track/strip and only run on the street but multiple dyno pulls . It saw some intermittent knock on the dyno I thought was false as it did not do it on the street after .

I suspect plasma liner on block is done and will need to sleeve to reuse .

I am tearing down the complete engine I had kept as a spare and sending off the short block to be built - upgraded GT 350 specific Manley rods . I may keep the stock pistons as I am told my reliable source they are high quality forged Mahle.

When I swap in reassembled “spare” long block with built bottom end I will send the damaged block off to be sleeved so I have still have a “spare motor” .

I was bummed at first when I found out the “tapping” was the bottom end as I assumed at first it was the litter /rocker arms but I kind of always knew I was on borrowed time with the stock engine (hence the spare ).

I initially had considered keeping the “spare engine “ in case I wanted to go back to NA some day .... but who am I kidding !

I had considered may be offering it as “warranty “ if I sold the car but really who wants to be buy a modded GT 350 let alone a supercharged one .

This one is a keeper and I plan to send it again once it’s back together .
I will definitely be ditching the Whipple tune which I always felt was suspect (not blaming it ) and will be finally installing the E85/ return fuel system /ID1300’s-I held off as I wanted to see how fast/far I could go on the whipple tune race gas .
Wow man!! That blows , sorry for your luck.
Posts like this really stir me away from doing what I had planned in the near future.
Really puts you off supercharging the car. Dam.....Good luck with the new motor and build , sure she'll be stronger then ever in time.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
OP
OP
sumfoo1

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Bought this instead

14 miles and optioned perfectly.

May add stripes late idk
DE7A130E-3686-44A9-8071-8B88B09776D8.jpeg
FF48115F-1798-4D9A-9B02-7817D49F6969.jpeg

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Bought this instead

14 miles and optioned perfectly.

May add stripes late idk
DE7A130E-3686-44A9-8071-8B88B09776D8.jpeg
FF48115F-1798-4D9A-9B02-7817D49F6969.jpeg
Beautiful man. I prefer stripes but honestly this looks great without too. If you do stripes do white. That color looks great with white , then expel it for those daily commutes.
GL
Sponsored