Whipple whine mod - sound tube?

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
[MENTION=33261]TripleB[/MENTION], [MENTION=21305]Racerbox77[/MENTION], I think most of us here have tried the mod with the stock sound tube and aftermarket heater/radiator hoses. It’s cheap and it works, but it doesn’t even compete with the FosterSCmod. What’s funny is, Shawn started that mod thread, I believe. If you’ve ever talked to him, you’ll quickly realize how much time and effort he put into these kits. Many versions, lots of trial and error. That money gets you quality parts, everything you need for the install. And it looks like it should be there from the factory. Tell you the truth, I’d pay $120 every time I hit the throttle. The sound is insane. Still smile every time I put my foot into it. Bottom line, $120 is nothing when you hear the glorious sound of supercharged madness. FosterSCmod FTW!
Sponsored

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
This is my sound mod. Super easy. Cost 10 bucks for 1" heater hose and a hole saw. Doesn't have the sheathing but I suppose I could add it later. Honestly it blends in fine just being a black hose. Just cut the stock plastic tube near the master cylinder so no need to drill new holes in the firewall. Still have the foam on the end at the firewall so it's not open.

Don't know how to post pics

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hnx1CJfqGwZxbngW2

Last edited:

EGarcia73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Fastback. Fully Loaded PP.
I myself bought the stage 2 kit and I absolutely love it. The kit parts and instructions are to the T just read and follow. Shawn himself helped me alot with a couple small issues I had he was very helpful and walked me through the install and issues I was having. The sound of the throttle body responding to the gas pedal is awesome under boost that whine screams. I will say under cruising acceleration and not totally under boost the sound of the throttle body is.... different not bad just different it's def not a deal breaker by any means. Don't be skeptical buy it! Lol check out my video if you are still having second thoughts.

KO5HY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015 Roushcharged 700
Whipple without a Whipple effect -RHD Australia

Roush phase 1 Open Airbox with Shawn fosters sound tube mod Stage 4 kit with passenger side RHD Version Australia Firewall drilled, on a 2015 GT automatic running Borla Ataks and 715 at Crank with 98 octane. It comes to life after the pedals are engaged around 80Km/hr speed through till 260. Incredible whine right into the cabin and can't be happier with Shawn foster for sending me this incredible mod to enjoy. Truly a whipple without a whipple effect at fraction of the price

The link with 3 files from wetransfer to enjoy :

https://we.tl/s-ulg6AWcS80

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Ended up getting Shawn’s stage 1 kit after all the feedback. Thanks guys

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thats a great idea. I bet that there has to be a simple way to automate that idea.

[MENTION=16819]Roh92cp[/MENTION] Have you thought of anything like this?
Changing the diaphragm cap on stage 2 and 4 takes seconds from inside the cab. But on the stage 1 the sound tube entry is behind pedals and could use a ball valve type or one on a remote solenoid if you wanted to get fancy. Kinda like a small exhaust remote bypass system uses.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Changing the diaphragm cap on stage 2 and 4 takes seconds from inside the cab. But on the stage 1 the sound tube entry is behind pedals and could use a ball valve type or one on a remote solenoid if you wanted to get fancy. Kinda like a small exhaust remote bypass system uses.
Where does the stage 2 kit enter the cab?

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Why waste time figuring this out. Its already provided and tested for you by Shawn. That's all you need. Quality parts and Outcome is great. Whine mod is a must have.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
$120 is cheap for the fact that its all been done for you and Shawn tested hundreds of combinations to get an ideal sound. While it easy to look at and do, where and what is trial and error and for that price, I'd buy all day long. Shawn personally installed it on our development car, its awesome, especially when we take customers for a ride, to see there eyes light up when you hit the throttle, its classic.

Roushblown5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 gt
I got this kit from him.Dude face timed me when he was on a vacation in Italy to help me install it
Very nice guy.

I had a open air box on my TVS blower and it really screams. Didn't mess with my maf either which I was having some doubts on. Install is super easy too.

Worth what ever I paid for it at the time ($150?)

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
I installed his stage one kit a couple of months ago and it’s perfect!! I personally didn’t want to jack with removing the entire factory sound tube assembly, so the stage one kit fit the bill. Installation went as expected and the kit looks factory. To me the sound increase is perfect and makes me and passengers smile every time I go wot! I noticed it even increased part throttle whine just a tad, which I like. I come from centrifical blowers so I need to know it’s there lol. If you are debating this mod, do it......you won’t be disappointed!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
There are many, many hours of research and testing that went into creating this sound mod kit. There is far more involved than most anyone could imagine. Take that, and the quality caliber of a person Shawn is and you have a top notch product with the best customer service you could ask for. Yah, you could slap something together yourself but aint no way its gonna look and sound as goos as his kits do. I am running Stage 3 on my 816 rwhp Gen 3 Whipple'd automatic 17' and can confirm this works so well it just may be my favorite mod I have done to my car.

One thing I hear from many people is just how amazing Whipple's fit and finnish is compared to the competition, looking like it came from the factory that way. Shawn's kits are exactly the same. The best $120 you'll ever spend! Do not hesitate to pick up one of these kits, you will NOT be disappointed.

Now, GO PATS!
Sponsored