Sponsored

Whipple stage 1 vs stage 2 dyno results - 2018+

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Looking at purchasing a whipple for my 2020 PP2 GT. I know, the stage 2 is way cheaper to do up front. But, the warranty for the stage 1 would be nice. Whipple only states flywheel dyno results. What are you all seeing for RWHP? No other mods except the whipple kit. thanks!

Won't go to the strip, no street racing and not chasing huge dyno numbers. Want to enjoy the PP2 handling and magnaride with the instant torque from a whipple. Will be running PS 4S 305's, no interest in switching tires...so, leads me back to less HP may be best for me.

Edit: should have added I will be limited to CA 91 octane...
Sponsored

Last edited:

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi:
2018 GT 300A A10:
September 2018
Stock 405HP 354T
Stage 1 557HP 439T 6th gear Boost 10.4
Stage 1 567HP 462T 7th gear Boost 10.0
October 2018
Stage 2 632HP 506T 7th gear Boost 13.4
All done on the same Mustang Dyno 93 Octane.
Later (September 2019) updated to latest Whipple tune with the larger injectors after phone call from Whipple offering to upgrade my injectors for free, just had to send back my old ones. Their customer service is exceptional. They are great on the phone and with e-mail. I'm sorry I did not Dyno again after the latest upgrade. The car drives like stock until you get on it, then you better have traction and tire improvements. I may dyno this latest tune this fall. You will love your Whipple. Stage 1 is enough to blow the tires off with the tire and suspension aids in my description. Stage 2 is just more crazy. Enjoy either one. Best of luck.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Mine is a '17/A6 car, so the results would be slightly better on a 2018+ GEN3 5.0L.

I dyno'd 643 at the wheels (stage 1 750HP kit), car was bone stock otherwise, all stock exhaust, ect. This was also with the out-of-the-box supplied Whipple tune, with 1/2 can of Boostane additive on top of 91 octane base fuel, so around 98 Octane. GEN3 kit as well, not the fancy new blower they offer now (mine is discontinued).

Get the stage 2. I was told over and over to do the same, and didn't listen. Now, here I am spending more to get where I could have been if I had listened to the ones who told me in the 1st place.

The warranty is super picky, and I have heard Whipple may not offer it anymore? You cannot change tires (unless they are OEM size/type), tune, anything. Has a lifetime cap of like $7k or so? And, it starts from the warranty start date of your car, not the day you put the blower kit on. So, for me, that would have left like 1 year of warranty at the most depending on when I actually got the kit put on. Wasn't worth the money in my opinion.

Haven't even needed it anyhow. 2 years of nothing but dragstrip use, weekend cruising and around 12k miles now since the install with no major issues. Been a very solid setup, and I am beyond happy with it to say the least. Car has been punished in 100+ degree ambient race days, and driven in 15 degree Kansas winters with some Dragy use during that time as well.

Get the stage 2.

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Mine is a '17/A6 car, so the results would be slightly better on a 2018+ GEN3 5.0L.

I dyno'd 643 at the wheels (stage 1 750HP kit), car was bone stock otherwise, all stock exhaust, ect. This was also with the out-of-the-box supplied Whipple tune, with 1/2 can of Boostane additive on top of 91 octane base fuel, so around 98 Octane. GEN3 kit as well, not the fancy new blower they offer now (mine is discontinued).

Get the stage 2. I was told over and over to do the same, and didn't listen. Now, here I am spending more to get where I could have been if I had listened to the ones who told me in the 1st place.

The warranty is super picky, and I have heard Whipple may not offer it anymore? You cannot change tires (unless they are OEM size/type), tune, anything. Has a lifetime cap of like $7k or so? And, it starts from the warranty start date of your car, not the day you put the blower kit on. So, for me, that would have left like 1 year of warranty at the most depending on when I actually got the kit put on. Wasn't worth the money in my opinion.

Haven't even needed it anyhow. 2 years of nothing but dragstrip use, weekend cruising and around 12k miles now since the install with no major issues. Been a very solid setup, and I am beyond happy with it to say the least. Car has been punished in 100+ degree ambient race days, and driven in 15 degree Kansas winters with some Dragy use during that time as well.

Get the stage 2.

Thanks for the reply. They provide the warranty for free with the stage 1 kit now. I'll read the fine print...

gracjan88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt

Get the stage 2.

What times are you running with your setup?

Sponsored

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Hi:
2018 GT 300A A10:
September 2018
Stock 405HP 354T
Stage 1 557HP 439T 6th gear Boost 10.4
Stage 1 567HP 462T 7th gear Boost 10.0
October 2018
Stage 2 632HP 506T 7th gear Boost 13.4
All done on the same Mustang Dyno 93 Octane.
Later (September 2019) updated to latest Whipple tune with the larger injectors after phone call from Whipple offering to upgrade my injectors for free, just had to send back my old ones. Their customer service is exceptional. They are great on the phone and with e-mail. I'm sorry I did not Dyno again after the latest upgrade. The car drives like stock until you get on it, then you better have traction and tire improvements. I may dyno this latest tune this fall. You will love your Whipple. Stage 1 is enough to blow the tires off with the tire and suspension aids in my description. Stage 2 is just more crazy. Enjoy either one. Best of luck.
I have an A10 also. Should the engine and transmission last until and over 100,000 miles at this power level?

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
What times are you running with your setup?
My best pass to date is 11.2@125.

Unable to leave much above idle, and roll into the throttle. With a set of tires that have a sidewall, maybe 10.9 would be possible.

This is at 1850 ft elevation, corrected DA of 3200ft give/take. Around 7.8-8.3 lbs of boost.

Sponsored

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have an A10 also. Should the engine and transmission last until and over 100,000 miles at this power level?
We will find out sooner or (hopefully) later. I plan on enjoying the durability test.

EP10R80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
We will find out sooner or (hopefully) later. I plan on enjoying the durability test.
Respect to all with power adders and I think most know what they are getting themselves into, but I don't think FI is for me. I want this to be a forever car and don't want to have to rebuild it sooner than later. Hellion TT kits and Whipples are awesome, but with the TT kit these guys wind up hurting the motor or 10r80. I don't daily mine, but I doubt I'll go FI.

Keeping a Roush or FP kit on the warranty tune might be too hard for me to do lol. Would they last past 36k on that tune? If so I might consider it.

What I want is FBO without cams. With a not too aggressive tune and my driving I don't think the motor or transmission will go. At least I hope not.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This is a big indicator that you should stay away from modding. I say this without negativity - purely from experience. There are people who mod and those that do not. There are some that think maybe they would/should but are worried about breaking things and warranty. My experience is - do not mod. It is not for you. Engineer Mike asked about luck and the reason he did is - that every time you add power you have a chance to break something. Add to the fact - you may not be the best at keeping your car well maintained - and that adds to the chances of breakage. The more power adders - and power - the more chances something can go wrong. OP - who doesn't race - and isn't going to change tires - may also want to reconsider. Without proper tires it is actually dangerous - never mind that you aren't going to be able to use half the power you paid to install on your car. Again - modding is not for everyone. Go FBO and squeeze out some more power that way or else you are wasting your money IMHO.
Sponsored