Sponsored

Whipple Service Advance Trac Message

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I was driving home from work yesterday in sport mode with advance trac turned off (held it for the 7 seconds) and when making a slow left hand turn my service advance trac message came on. The car felt like it loss power steering shortly after and then the ABS, TC, and wrench icons came on. Brake pressure started to gradually feel different. Then when I came to a stop, my navigation had a message of rear park assist failure. I shut the car off, restarted it, but all the warning lights and messages for service advance trac remained on.

To be on the safe side I had it flatbed to my dealership and they are going to look at it today. I've read online about 2012 and 2013 owners experiencing this and having to replace the entire steering rack.

I couldn't find anyone with having this issue on 2015+ models. Can anyone chime in that may have experienced this problem? My other question is would them servicing this issue interfere with the Whipple tune at all?

Car has about 4,100 miles on it and all mods in my sig were installed by the dealer and wrapped into the vehicle financing (less OPG/CS which I had them install at a later date around 2,000 miles).
Sponsored

Stangrcr67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium, 1992 mustang lx 5.0
I just started having the same issue. Only happens on slow turns where I have to user a lot of steering lock. Drive a few miles and its all back to normal.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
I was driving home from work yesterday in sport mode with advance trac turned off (held it for the 7 seconds) and when making a slow left hand turn my service advance trac message came on. The car felt like it loss power steering shortly after and then the ABS, TC, and wrench icons came on. Brake pressure started to gradually feel different. Then when I came to a stop, my navigation had a message of rear park assist failure. I shut the car off, restarted it, but all the warning lights and messages for service advance trac remained on.

To be on the safe side I had it flatbed to my dealership and they are going to look at it today. I've read online about 2012 and 2013 owners experiencing this and having to replace the entire steering rack.

I couldn't find anyone with having this issue on 2015+ models. Can anyone chime in that may have experienced this problem? My other question is would them servicing this issue interfere with the Whipple tune at all?

Car has about 4,100 miles on it and all mods in my sig were installed by the dealer and wrapped into the vehicle financing (less OPG/CS which I had them install at a later date around 2,000 miles).
i had a very similar issue. It was due to the air filter rubbing on a ground cable and it eventually broke the ground cable. That ground was for the computer that controlled ABS, AdvanceTrac, etc. So take a peek under your air filter and make sure those two ground cables are still good.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66203

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
i had a very similar issue. It was due to the air filter rubbing on a ground cable and it eventually broke the ground cable. That ground was for the computer that controlled ABS, AdvanceTrac, etc. So take a peek under your air filter and make sure those two ground cables are still good.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66203
YES!! Almost guarantee this is it. Don't let them charge massive hours to find it as it's a ground right under the air filter. You can get a filter from Whipple at no charge that is a half inch shorter for those of us that had this issue. Happened to me just as well.

Sponsored

Stangrcr67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium, 1992 mustang lx 5.0
Thanks for info. I just installed cobra jet intake, tb, and cai so that massive filter could very well be hitting something. Will check once I'm off work.

OP
OP
stang17

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
YES!! Almost guarantee this is it. Don't let them charge massive hours to find it as it's a ground right under the air filter. You can get a filter from Whipple at no charge that is a half inch shorter for those of us that had this issue. Happened to me just as well.
Dealer just called...this is exactly what happened! Mine as well order the new heat exchanger when calling for the shorter air filter. :thumbsup:

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Dealer just called...this is exactly what happened! Mine as well order the new heat exchanger when calling for the shorter air filter. :thumbsup:
I knew it just as a Nick did. Not wishing the problems but glad we knew to go straight to this. Back on the road in no time and a HE to boot.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
sweet, at least it's an easy fix. :thumbsup:
Sponsored