Sponsored

Whipple introduces new flight control software

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Whipple Superchargers, in its continued strive to bring the customer the most advanced, most powerful supercharger system for today's S550 is proud to announce the new MyWhipple calibration suite featuring the revolutionary new Flight Control technology.

Available early February, 2016, the new MyWhipple calibration suite allows the end user or the installer the ability to custom configure there supercharger system. With the new Flare software and latest calibration, customers can adjust the power output in each gear or globally. Afraid to give the car to the dealership? Maybe poor weather and you still want to drive your 800+HP Whipple Charged Mustang? Simply load your calibration, turn the key on and slide the Flight Control dials where you want it, wait 2 seconds and it's nowbit's utilizing it's virtue pulley software that mimics different pulley combinations.

Using unique, advanced proprietary software, Whipple is able to detect the gear position in both auto and manual transmissions giving us the unique ability to control torque output. This gives every customer the capacity to have full control over their power output whether it's per gear or overall.

Not to be done, the Whipple Guardian is an industry first. New to the Whipple calibration is pre-built in added safety measures over all the current safety parameters. The new guardian system uses new software technology to further increase the safety standards others simply don't have capacity to offer.

Knock Limit. This feature is defaulted on and works off the factory knock sensors. It constantly monitors knock events, in cases where you have poor gas or another issue and the knock sensor activity becomes too active, the knock limit reduces power output (cylinder pressure) until the knock activity has reduced.

Small Pulley Detect. This feature consistently monitors airflow vs its torque output and consistently adapts to the environment. When a customer changes the pulley, the PCM recognizes the changes and adapts its settings to the pulley so the max power is maintained along with all the other safety functions.

CHT Limiting. The CHT limit is based on the cylinder head temp. After extensive testing using the advanced 3D based calibration, a peak power calibration was made for all different types of scenarios. The S550 uses CHT to modify the power output as temp increases, power levels decrease.

Octane Adjust. The Whipple octane adjust feature allows the customer to modify his power output or spark advance based off octane. The intelligent knock detection and strategy constantly adapts, the Octane adjust lowers the nominal spark for applications with low octane or just wanting the added safety.

RPM Limit. Whipple has durability tested at the increased RPM ranges with the 5.0L Coyote engine and it has proven safe at the extra RPM, but in applications where some want to keep lower RPM limits, a simple toggle on the icon and you can have a more conservative max RPM.

Axle/Wheel Configuration. Only Whipple Superchargers gives you the ability to modify your axle/wheel size with its flash tool allowing your speedometer and shift points to be correct no matter what your combination is.

Add the new electronic features to the already most powerful 50-state emissions legal system and you have the most advanced system available for the S550. No other system compares to the amount of engineering, exclusive industry leading features and wheel shredding performance.

#thewhippledifference
image.png
Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
This is great news!!! Congrats !!!

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Whoa. Game changer...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Very cool !!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The bar,.......................it has been raised!
Good job Whipple! Great idea. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

bmfa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Cammo 2015 GT
I'm VERY interested in seeing how this works out. Something like this makes me rethink my build.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
With all these features and safeguards built into this system, why doesn't Ford honor warranty when Whipple is installed?

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
Just when I start thinking about straying, you pull me back into the yard! Way to go Whipple! This is why you are an industry leader and innovator in the S550 world!

Keep it up! I am going to start selling parts of myself to pay for this hahaha

Sponsored

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the software essentially commands less spark and bleeds off compression with the cams, correct?

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Its brutal that we have to decide between this or E85/1000cc - why not both?!?

OP
OP

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
With all these features and safeguards built into this system, why doesn't Ford honor warranty when Whipple is installed?
You have to pass thousands of hours at peak HP and peak torque to even have a chance, that takes millions. I wish it was that easy but it's not.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
This is why I baught a Whipple, always on the cutting edge:thumbsup: