Whipple Gen3 2.9L Dyno Results

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone ran the Whipple Tune with Kooks catted headers?
My daily driver with 38k miles. 100 degree days to 10 degree days in the snow.
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Good job dexter but where did this claim happen or is it just a theory?
Not a claim when it happens and when? For the past 3 months, we’ve sent a ton of hem out and many give us info after. Our testing shows he same but we like 3rd party data when we can.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ran the Whipple Tune with Kooks catted headers?
I'm on my 4'th Whipple and have daily driven all of them with Kooks headers & cats and I only run the Whipple tune. Never skipped a beat, never failed an emission inspection sticker and never looked back.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You talking about your car? It is TVS powered! Good times!
Noo I wish! My car won't ever see that with this Mt82, another guy a couple threads down ran that with a whipple Gen 3 and 6r80

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
UNDERSTAND, WHIPPLE MAKES GREAT SUPERCHAGERS. QUESTIONS AND DEBATES ALLOW EVERYONE TO LEARN AND UNDERSTAND…

Pump gas for the birds. And winter storage.

Go take a look on the whipple/tvs bookface group. A guy posted this yesterday...

( I'm quoting him)

"Just as a footnote......the gen 3 made 60hp more over the same combo with 1/2" less pulley at the same boost. We have another car that went 9.30@150 with a 3.25 and 20% lower makes 17lbs, this car makes the same boost with a gen 3 and a 3.75 upper."
That is a a big difference in pulley size on the upper. Making more boost with a bigger pulley happens when you go up in blower size. A good example is going from a 2.3 Whipple to a 3.4 Whipple.. The new rotors must really move air. Staying the same size on the supercharger making the same boost while turning the supercharger slower. Amazing, a game changer in the PD supercharger market..
Thats exactly my point. Pretty worthless to compare TWO different cars on 2 different setups and claim it was worth 60hp.

So where does the gain come from?

Too many variables here to compare.

And people look at me like im retarded when i dont believe half of what people say or claim LOL!
[MENTION=30439]gearhead2685[/MENTION] I agree, when it comes to performance parts, one car should be used. That gives you exact gains. I agree, the 800rwhp Dyno run on 93 is a balls out tune. Showing everyone they can do it is cool. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that want to go fast but lack any mechanical knowledge. They take every post as the gospel. Then, they get someone to build their car off what they read.. They don’t get the 800rwhp numbers and blame their tuner or blame their mechanic who installed everything. Whipple makes a great product. Vendors just need to realize a lot of people buying superchargers and other parts go by what you tell them.

BOTH have 20% lowers, the Gen 2 had a 3.25", the Gen 3 had a 3.75". Thus the Gen 3 should make less power (less airflow), but it made 60RWHP MORE than the

One can compare 2 cars if they are built the same. Somehow Ford does it, I think GM and Dodge do it. If you have 2 cars with stock engines, same mods, they should be damn close in results if run in same/similar conditions.
Auto manufacturers do this to get a average horsepower and torque number. When you want real world numbers, use one car dyno’d with each blower. A true test mule showing the gains from each supercharger.
Sorry I didn't really pay attention to that I guess the moral of the story is the gen 3 makes more power period and it's going to be the primary head unit moving forward on the 15 - 17's anyways. As far as pushing it on 93 pump that's a stupid proposition and it should not be a tool to promote the sale of a new head unit as many people will think they can do the same, then when someone gets a bad tank of gas on a wicked up tune BOOM.
You are exactly right. Do a test on one car with the same size pulley on each blower. It is amazing how much power can be made with the power adders available. It is no doubt Whipple makes a great product. Efficiency is what makes the Gen3 over the Gen2.

Last edited:

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
[MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION] I think we are going to see some extremely fast Whipple Gen3 cars. With the effiency what it is, do you see a need to build a bigger head unit. The new supercharger for the 18 is a 3.0. I figure it just came out to that size after the design was finished. I see people complaining and wanting a bigger blower for the 15-17. The 2.9 Gen3 Whipple is more supercharger than most will ever use. How much horsepower can the Gen3 support?

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
815 HP on the stock fuel system ? No BAP ? Is it just me or anyone else think that seems impossible ?

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
815 HP on the stock fuel system ? No BAP ? Is it just me or anyone else think that seems impossible ?
72lb/hr fuel injectors and increased voltage for the pump via the cal. The 72's have the capacity if the fuel pump keeps up (relatively speaking). To have extra capacity/safety at this range, its ideal to have even larger injectors and BAP.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
UNDERSTAND, WHIPPLE MAKES GREAT SUPERCHAGERS. QUESTIONS AND DEBATES ALLOW EVERYONE TO LEARN AND UNDERSTAND…

That is a a big difference in pulley size on the upper. Making more boost with a bigger pulley happens when you go up in blower size. A good example is going from a 2.3 Whipple to a 3.4 Whipple.. The new rotors must really move air. Staying the same size on the supercharger making the same boost while turning the supercharger slower. Amazing, a game changer in the PD supercharger market..

@gearhead2685 I agree, when it comes to performance parts, one car should be used. That gives you exact gains. I agree, the 800rwhp Dyno run on 93 is a balls out tune. Showing everyone they can do it is cool. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that want to go fast but lack any mechanical knowledge. They take every post as the gospel. Then, they get someone to build their car off what they read.. They don’t get the 800rwhp numbers and blame their tuner or blame their mechanic who installed everything. Whipple makes a great product. Vendors just need to realize a lot of people buying superchargers and other parts go by what you tell them.

Auto manufacturers do this to get a average horsepower and torque number. When you want real world numbers, use one car dyno’d with each blower. A true test mule showing the gains from each supercharger.

You are exactly right. Do a test on one car with the same size pulley on each blower. It is amazing how much power can be made with the power adders available. It is no doubt Whipple makes a great product. Efficiency is what makes the Gen3 over the Gen2.
That test was not done by us therefore I couldn't control the test. I've already shared our test on the same car although I couldn't control ambient temps so the gen 3 was 20deg F+ hotter test.

People keep saying that was a balls out tune, but it simply was not. That was our cal with some small tweaks by Dennis @ Tasca. JMEO already shared his AUTO making nearly 750RWHP, although he's running Boostane, but, thats because its an auto, that's big numbers and that's before the Gen 3 or custom cal!!!!

awdtsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So how is the driveability with the whipple cal? Did you guys do anything for auto cars? Like shift points, shift firmness, etc? What is the redline set to now? What happenes if we get larger than 72lb/hor injectors and a BAP? Can you guys change the tune or do we have to buy a custom tune? Sorry for all the questions but this info seems scarce.
Sponsored