Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I see spikes of 22° Or better under WOT but it mostly stays around 19°
I would love to see 19 degrees of timing at WOT. I see 17 degrees at WOT.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Pretty exciting to me , whipple gen 3, long tubes, and a Lethal tune , sounds like even on a bad day we should get 750ish.

How's the whine on the gen3's ?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I would like to see the car at the track with the whipple tune in it. It seems like whipple cars make great power on the whipple tune but never run good numbers to back up the power. I am in the crowd that doesn't buy this as well. Seems similar to exhaust manufacturers claiming like 30 RWHP gain from cat back. I want to see the car at the track.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I would like to see the car at the track with the whipple tune in it. It seems like whipple cars make great power on the whipple tune but never run good numbers to back up the power. I am in the crowd that doesn't buy this as well. Seems similar to exhaust manufacturers claiming like 30 RWHP gain from cat back. I want to see the car at the track.
If I could get a killer deal on it is buy it and dunk the same the same tujbe or have it custom tuned by Lund to verify it. The difference between sae and std is 14hp.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

Lethals own 2015 car

2.9 BAP ID1000s long tubes VP MS109 14 psi 805whp 616wtq

So let me get this straight same size blower but gen3 made more hp on less psi without racegas.

Mods are pretty much the same on both from what i can tell manual long tubes is pretty much it.

HP and TQ numbers are nearly identical as well but use about 5 psi less and using pump gas.

:shrug: :headbonk:
HMMM, let me see, what have we learned in 3 years??? Nothing right? You can stay on the fence saying it can't be done, no problem with that. Always someone that believes the earth is flat.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
HMMM, let me see, what have we learned in 3 years??? Nothing right? You can stay on the fence saying it can't be done, no problem with that. Always someone that believes the earth is flat.
Funny thing is we can prove the earth is not flat.....

Too bad we cant prove your hail marry "pump gas 93" run....

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
No not impossible but highly unlikely for a 302 on pump 93 to achive 815whp on 10lbs, the stoich ratio of 93 octane including 10% ethanol that most pump gas stations have in them wouldn't be enough. There would have to be a greater mix of ethanol to achieve that much power. I would say that Whipple not only made the most efficient blower at 43+rwhp per lb but also defined physics :p

Whipple, Leathal, fan boys & ect take it easy on me I'm just stating my own personal opinions. :thumbsup: plus this is what makes the forum fun, learning, proving people wrong, friendly debates. :D
I'm not sure where your math came from, but food for thought, how much power do you make at 45deg F vs 85deg F? How about at 0 deg F? You guys can keep making up your own "rules" but the fact is, it was done, it will be done again. When we did durability testing in the Ford labs and in 20 minutes, they bring the temp down to -10deg F from 95 deg F, the engine makes over 1000HP.

As said before, this was run in very good conditions. What does good conditions get you? Well a simple 30deg C drop will yield 10% more power everything being equal.

What does temp have to do with boost? Well all should already know, boost is what DOESN'T go into the combustion chamber. Colder air is denser, therefore colder air reflects lower "BOOST" on a gauge. The denser the air, the lower the indicated boost. This of course does not mean cylinder pressure has increased.

By the way, the stoich value is not what someone runs for peak power. Peak power on these is usually around 12:1. I'm not even sure what your saying, but the limitation on 93 octane, 10% ethanol, as in any other octane at this level or below is its detonation point. If it doesn't detonate, the next factor is cylinder pressure and what the piston, block, crank and rods can take. Crank and rods have shown to be plenty strong, the issue is the block and the cylinder walls, that is the weakest link at these power levels. But what in the world makes someone think 700, 750 or 800 is above or below the threshold with ZERO actual facts? We heard that for years, in fact every application. The "experts" will say, 700HP is the max, so at 702HP the motor will fail? What data supports this? What about 703HP, ball of fire?

I truly understand someone's gut saying, that can't be safe.... We all have that, but stating this as if someone actually has any data to support this does everyone a disservice. We've run these motors through more testing than almost anyone could understand, we're not just winging it. We gave the info to multiple sources, let them know it was optimal weather, smaller pulley and custom calibration. The car was a Gen 2, then Gen 3, then long tubes and custom cal, so each time it was tested.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Funny thing is we can prove the earth is not flat.....

Too bad we cant prove your hail marry "pump gas 93" run....
Make a drive over to Tasca Ford in Rhode Island, I'll arrange it for you. You can even bring the gas and I'll buy. Let me know when your free. Not that far from DC.

So just to summarize, WE CAN PROVE that the car does actually make that power.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I've NEVER tested a cat-back that makes more power with a supercharger. Or let me rephrase, in the last 15 years. In the 90's everything made HP because emissions and OEM had things so screwed up. Now, no, cat-back does not make extra power on a supercharged car.

Headers and/or cat delete does. LT's by themselves usually add 10-15RWHP and 15-20RWTRQ. But the boost usually drops 1psi on average, sometimes more with no cats or high flow. I've seen as high as 2psi drop. The Mustangs, because you can use the spark adder to your advantage can add as much as 30-40rwtrq/rwhp.

Our cals have gone incredibly fast, normally traction limited. The auto is not as fast as some of the custom tuners as we use more safety features to prolong transmission life. We also limit brake torquing and a few other things on the auto that others don't for legality/liability.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Pretty exciting to me , whipple gen 3, long tubes, and a Lethal tune ����, sounds like even on a bad day we should get 750ish.

How's the whine on the gen3's ?
750 is easily doable!

Same as before on noise, for extra whine, gotta talk to get the Foster mod.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Remember who you’re dealing with here. Whipple is by far the top supercharger manufacturer in the industry. We’ve been selling their kits since 2005 and all they do is work on bettering their kits. They spend an enormous amount of time and money on research and development as well as testing. They’re the real deal and if you don’t believe it just sit back and watch other people’s results. I’m sure you’ll see that their claims and results are facts not fictional. 13 years of continual progress in technology and design is hard to beat.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Instead of going on a rant wheres the info on THIS setup then?

Injector duty cycle%? Timing? Those 2 especially since this is all about the pump 93.

Pretty common and expected for people to ask these things yet other than we did it or weve done this youve stated pretty much zero about the setup other than.

Poof 800+ on 93......

Honestly i could care less what the little arbitray boost number says as you mentioned weather alone car change that.

What matters most is the "health" of the engine so to say such as Injector duty cycle, is that on the ragged edge or maxed out?

How about timing how much can it advance?

Healthy engines and good tunes crank up the timing. Engines that are not pull timing to compensate for various reasons. Junk fuel being one of them. Not saying 93 is junk but E85 is better ovviously.

Sooner or later there gets to be diminishing returns and some not all but some setups will be better off running more timing instead of just tossing a smaller pulley on the blower amd calling it a day.

The. again NONE of that matters if fuel system cant keep up.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Make a drive over to Tasca Ford in Rhode Island, I'll arrange it for you. You can even bring the gas and I'll buy. Let me know when your free. Not that far from DC.

So just to summarize, WE CAN PROVE that the car does actually make that power.
How about 93, 110 and E85?

Now were talking!!
Sponsored