OP

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
The edelbrock looks like a nice system and was a close second when I chose mine. It looks very “factory” which is important to me. However, IMO there are 2 issues with the kit. One is that the cal reportedly isn’t very good for drivability. I haven’t driven one but this is what many say. Secondly, edelbrock really spins blower fast and pushes a lot of boost. I’ve seen some owners buy the stage 2 kit then slow the blower down the blower to a reasonable speed. Some aftermarket tuners won’t even tune it on the supplied stage2 pulleys.

I went with the Whipple stage 2 27,000 miles ago and I’m happy with the kit, supplied pulley, and supplied cal.

Either one will burn street tires at anything below about 60 mph.
I saw Edelbrock being installed and it looks easy for the mechanic to smash the top of the blower against the guard.
Sponsored

OP
OP

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Whipple Gen 5 with 132mm throttle body is king of the hill in my book. E-Force and VMP Odin also make for nice systems.
That is what i am getting with my kit 132 throttle id1050, opg/cs/, boost-a-pump, spark plugs, oversized heated exchanger and a couple other minor goodies for the kit as well as headers. Just need to figure exhuaust since im running an X-pipe with a muffler delete and dont want a whole catback set would rather do axle-back. My cold start wake the neighborhood since i live in the suburbs of chicago.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
They're both good I have the edelbrock stage 2 with and e85 fuel system and it moves, instant power. The stock tune was not great, no part throttle power at all. I'd reccomend you get a good tuner and an e85 system on either it's literally night and day.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
They're both good I have the edelbrock stage 2 with and e85 fuel system and it moves, instant power. The stock tune was not great, no part throttle power at all. I'd reccomend you get a good tuner and an e85 system on either it's literally night and day.

Unless E85 isn’t readily available in your area

Sponsored

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
Unless E85 isn’t readily available in your area
I have access to consistent 85 to 90 percent E currently at less than 2 dollars a gallon.

I really don't trust pump gas on these 12:1 engines without methanol. If I didnt have access to e85 I'd probably have gone that route I would not trust 91 on any of these stage 2 kits.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Actually the Edelbrock 2650 will generate more rotor whine than the gen 5 whipple.
That is interesting, since I have only heard whipples on youtube video's my experience is limited but my Edelbrock makes none what so ever that i can hear. A friend in town has a rousch and it makes some noise. Honestly i was hoping for some blower whine, 12g is alot of money for no blower whine LOL

Sponsored

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
I also suspect the closed airbox does a decent job of muffling the sound vs an open element.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Actually the Edelbrock 2650 will generate more rotor whine than the gen 5 whipple.
Are you sure about that on a like-for-like boost basis? Not disputing it, just curious.
My Edelbrock doesn’t whine as hard as my Gen 2 Whipple used to (similar boost), but I’ve also heard that the later Whipple’s don’t whine as hard as they used to (efficiency increases dictate that less noise would be a likely scenario).

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Bigger and more efficient rotor packs of today and the fact they are spun less because of the high compression motors don't produce whine like they used to for sure. Although as you can see from the videos they all still produce a healthy amount of whine with a whine mod kit. Blower speeds, rotor profile and inlet design all affect how much whine will be transmitted.

18 GT Whipple Gen 5

19 GT Roush front feed 2650 rotor pack

14 GT 2.8L Kenne Bell

17 GT 2.9L Gen 2 Whipple

17 GT 2650 E-Force

Last edited:

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
I'll be damned if im going to put that stupid sound tube back on after what i went through to get it off. I wanted to jump up and down on it when i got it out lol. That stud is 3 times longer than necessary. I get Zero whine inside the car right now. Maybe one day

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I got an early gen5 Whipple with the open element filter and i wouldn’t really call it loud or quiet. It was in the middle. I’ve since upgraded to the enclosed airbox and it’s much quieter, about like a stock gen2 lightning if you’ve ever heard one.
Sponsored