Whipple gen 5 Stage 1 install completed

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Sorry about the warranty issue. However, you are better off with the Whipple. They really are the leader. Edelbrock uses the Eaton internals which is fine, but is very much like the Roush 2650 tvs. The Whipple has the best of both the centri and the PD. The low end torque is there, though slightly less than the Edelbrock, but he HP comes on very linearly. Keeps making smooth power to the end of what the engine has in it RPM wise. Drivability is very good. On my Bullitt, the car actually drove low to high RPM better with the Whipple and gas mileage was excellent.

I have owned Roush, Vortech, Magnuson and Whipple. Whipple is excellent. It is their real product.

Edelbrock, though very nice, make intakes, etc, etc. On the forums Whipple has been the preferred blower with less issues than Edelbrock.

In other words, you did good!
Sponsored

OP
OP

wht67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
gone
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about the warranty issue. However, you are better off with the Whipple. They really are the leader. Edelbrock uses the Eaton internals which is fine, but is very much like the Roush 2650 tvs. The Whipple has the best of both the centri and the PD. The low end torque is there, though slightly less than the Edelbrock, but he HP comes on very linearly. Keeps making smooth power to the end of what the engine has in it RPM wise. Drivability is very good. On my Bullitt, the car actually drove low to high RPM better with the Whipple and gas mileage was excellent.

I have owned Roush, Vortech, Magnuson and Whipple. Whipple is excellent. It is their real product.

Edelbrock, though very nice, make intakes, etc, etc. On the forums Whipple has been the preferred blower with less issues than Edelbrock.

In other words, you did good!
I preferred the Whipple but since my MS flared up (I have to give myself injections 3 times a week) and I have reduced sensation/numbness in my hands I have not been able to do my own work on my cars and had to have which ever blower I chose installed for me. The ability to purchase a powertrain warranty made me choose a Whipple stage 1. The MS is the reason I had to give up my Whippled '07 GT that I had all the parts for 700+ rwhp E85 monster (forged stroker shortblock, stage 3 big valve ported heads, ID1000 injectors, 1 7/8" LTs, GT500 fuel hat with dual 340LPH pumps, Comp 127550 cams and lockouts, FRPP dual 65m throttle body, etc...). Who knows how much it would have cost to pay someone to put all of that together so I decided to take that $ and get the 2019 GT.

The ability to have some kind of a warranty takes a little bit of the sting of not being able to do the work myself and now that's gone.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Just got some news that has pissed me off. Whipple and Charter Warranty Services no longer support a powertrain warranty. Whipple said it went into affect 30 to 40 days ago, right about the time I ordered the kit. The warranty PDF file is still on the Whipple web site as of today... I would have went with Edelbrock if I had known this! Or just started with the stage 2. Very unhappy...
upload_2020-7-14_11-34-13.png
All the warranty stuff is still on the website as of today (08/27). Is there really no longer any powertrain warranty?

OP
OP

wht67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
gone
Vehicle Showcase
All the warranty stuff is still on the website as of today (08/27). Is there really no longer any powertrain warranty?
I know it is still up there. I spoke with someone at Whipple and I also called the company that is actully doing the underwriting and they said they will no longer off that warranty.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I emailed Whipple 5 days ago, they replied to day confirming no more warranty but they are "working on an alternate provider at this time".

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Let's all be honest, warranties are shite. I don't care what blower/turbo kit you buy, unless the thing comes alive and screams "I'm here to destroy your car!" and you have it on video, they're not going to pay for your nuked drivetrain or motor. Same could be said for tuners. They ain't paying for your fried stuff. They MIGHT pay for a new assembly that they sell (if you can PROVE that it was a true product failure and not something you did to cause the unit to fail).

There's an old saying, buying a reliable product is better than a rock solid warranty. I would never have a rosy expectation that any component manufacturer is going to pay for OTHER parts of my car that are damaged if their product fails. About the ONLY expectation I have is that if a component fails and causes like a total of my car (like say a car fire) there could possibly be some insurance claim or lawsuit involved (especially if it hurts someone in the process) but otherwise, if you install go fast parts on a car and other components break because of it the chances the go fast maker is gonna pay for that are slim to zero.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
very nice!!!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think in the distant future you will have to upgrade your transmission clutches in the 10speed? What about adding a stall speed converter also?

OP
OP

wht67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
gone
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think in the distant future you will have to upgrade your transmission clutches in the 10speed? What about adding a stall speed converter also?
I'm not planning to any time soon on transmission upgrades and probably never on torque converter. Obviously clutches can wear at any power level but I should be well below the power level that requires an upgrade. Staying on 93 octane for the foreseeable future and that limits the power. May be in a couple of years I'll think about E85...
Sponsored