Sponsored

Whipple car throttle issue

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
That video was very helpful with the magnet, thank you Burkey
Unfortunately after getting TP2 in the fully closed position & .445v and all other specs perfect, relaxed, TP1etc it made no difference. Still won’t see under 9% at idle and 87% WOT. I sent Whipple my logs last Wednesday, they emailed me Monday that they are reviewing them, called Wednesday said they are still reviewing them, emailed them yesterday for an update on anything and still nothing. Very frustrating.
Those are normal throttle angles...

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
OP
OP
Redemption

Redemption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I was hoping it wasn’t normal because it would help explain why my starts are so harsh & why Im getting so much KR with my setup. 3.750 pulley, JMS BAP, 72lb injectors etc I wouldn’t think it should as soon as I go WOT in any gear/speed.

OP
OP
Redemption

Redemption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Plus Ive looked at other people’s logs and seen 0% throttle at idle and 100% WOT...

Sponsored

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Throttle angle and pedal position are two different things.

Whats the run down on the car, how many miles, how long has the blower been on, who installed it, what plugs and what gap, I'm assuming the Whipple tune.

Jeg70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
I have a 15 GT with the 3L 5g Whipple on the whipple tune with 50 state legal setup and have exactly the same quick ramp up throttle issue as well that you describe even seeing the same effect when cold was hot and I would be interested if you get it resolved with Whipple. I had loaded the tune via their tomahawk with crank relearn etc and they said to improve drive ability it may need a revised tune that requires use of a hp tuner with credits. I am following up with my performance shop to gain additional details options etc. but like you describe. Little to no throttle is ok but then all of a sudden out of vacuum into boost and without significant pedal movement throttle keeps increasing makes it super hard to even take off on wet pavement.

OP
OP
Redemption

Redemption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I have a 15 GT with the 3L 5g Whipple on the whipple tune with 50 state legal setup and have exactly the same quick ramp up throttle issue as well that you describe even seeing the same effect when cold was hot and I would be interested if you get it resolved with Whipple. I had loaded the tune via their tomahawk with crank relearn etc and they said to improve drive ability it may need a revised tune that requires use of a hp tuner with credits. I am following up with my performance shop to gain additional details options etc. but like you describe. Little to no throttle is ok but then all of a sudden out of vacuum into boost and without significant pedal movement throttle keeps increasing makes it super hard to even take off on wet pavement.
My issue was the IAT sensor was plugged into the wrong port. On my Gen 3 setup it goes into the grey connector on the passenger side & I had it plugged into the driver’s side. On your Gen 5 I’m not sure if it would be the same but check the instructions.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I saw a guy on here the other day who was dealing with Whipple and they over nighted him the new HP device with their tune on it. You should start a ticket with Whipple. They are very good to deal with via email.
Sponsored