Sponsored

Whipple car runs bad - tune issues

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Which is the three prong to two prong then on top of the intercooler? Is there more then one connector that can fit?
There are two possible connectors on the stock harness behind the supercharger. The wrong one will throw the car into a protect mode that severely limits power. You might just have to switch it to the other one. You can reach both without removing anything from the car/engine.

P.S. Looks like we're neighbors.
Sponsored

Ldawn318

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LD
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
While driving at 50% throttle and less the car operates normal excluding the excessive backfiring. However, once I really get on the gas the rpms do not increase as they should, the car never goes into boost, and my vacuum gauge shoots over to zero. I sent my data log to Jeff Monday morning as requested, but there has not been any communication since unless I initiated it.

Each issue I’ve encountered thus far has been responded to by going to the website enter the issue in the customer support section and we will get back with you. Communicating via email after spending this sum of money on a product is not my preferred way of communicating.
Yes our ticket system allows us to follow through better and answer more customers since it’s difficult to find trouble shooting based customer service.

It sounds like your vehicle is in a safety mode to save the engine, so we need to figure out why. My first question, what year is the vehicle, what kit version and what transmission? What is your support ticket number so I can look it up.

Ldawn318

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LD
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Yes our ticket system allows us to follow through better and answer more customers since it’s difficult to find trouble shooting based customer service.

It sounds like your vehicle is in a safety mode to save the engine, so we need to figure out why. My first question, what year is the vehicle, what kit version and what transmission? What is your support ticket number so I can look it up.
2015 GT premium, Gen 3 Stage 2, manual transmission, #4785.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Do you have knock limiting and load limiting off in the Flight Control setup? Is power per gear set to max in each gear?

Ldawn318

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LD
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Do you have knock limiting and load limiting off in the Flight Control setup? Is power per gear set to max in each gear?
I turned off knock limiting but did not do load limiting. The power per gear is whatever the default setting is, which I am unsure of. I will check it when I get home.

Ldawn318

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LD
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
I turned off load limiting, but setting the power per gear has me slightly confused. 0% is highest positive number that I have available to select. The remaining options are negative numbers.

Sponsored

Ldawn318

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LD
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Can someone post a picture of what their configuration screen looks like to ensure that I have my settings within the proper parameters.

Ldawn318

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LD
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
I have configured everything as instructed and still no forward progress and still no response from data log sent via email Sunday night. I just need quality help, can someone please help me troubleshoot my issue in a timely manner?

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
I have configured everything as instructed and still no forward progress and still no response from data log sent via email Sunday night. I just need quality help, can someone please help me troubleshoot my issue in a timely manner?
Who did your install?

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
I did...there’s no CEL, idles just fine, I have no clue what the issue. I’ve been in contact with Whipple, but things are currently at a halt.
What are your plugs gapped too? What fuel? What do your fuel trims look like?
Does your intercooler system have any air in it?

Everything i listed covers most of the common issues
Sponsored