Sponsored

Whipple 3.0 supports 978 RWHP

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
On my 2018 M6 GT with MBRP 1 7/8” LT’s, high flow catalytic converters, H-pipe and MBRP dual chamber mufflers, 3.625” pulley with 20% OD, 10 rib kit, Fore fuel system, E85, ID1050X injectors, stock DI’s, JLT oil separator, K2 alternator brace, shaftmasters aluminum DS, boundary OPG’s, Palm Beach Dyno remote tuned, BDX tuner, built by Signature Speed (Anthony Ballard)
CBDB74AD-545F-4D9D-B80B-317AFBB1EB7B.jpeg
Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Nice. Congratulations. Did you use the MMR water pump pulley to fit the 20% O/D damper?

OP
OP

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice!
Thanks man.

Nice. Congratulations. Did you use the MMR water pump pulley to fit the 20% O/D damper?
Good question man. I'll have to ask if a different WP pulley was used. Anthony never mentioned to me that one was BUT the 10 rib kit was an upgrade so maybe a WP pulley came in the kit. I'll find out.

Thanks man. Time to just sit back and enjoy it for a little while before I do the Bill Calimer transmission upgrade/clutch and axles.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just found out that the 10 rib kit comes with a new WP pulley replacing the stock one.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
nice numbers

OP
OP

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nice numbers
Thanks man.

Lol, yeah man with the bottom end of a PD blower, it is just soooo much more responsive than my '16 was with the twin LPF kit. Don't get me wrong, the LFP kit was strong but it came on much later than what this Whipple does AND the Whipple keeps on pulling just like the turbos did so I wouldn't see how the twins would flat outrun the Whipple from a drag.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Good thing is that we have options!!! Virtually all the forced induction companies can meet ones hp needs. The only folks that don't like a boosted coyote is Chevy owners!

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
As someone with turbo envy that’s good to hear.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Just found out that the 10 rib kit comes with a new WP pulley replacing the stock one.
Yes. It has to. That is the only way the 20% OD pulley will work. Reason I asked was mine failed on the dyno on 2nd dyno pull from install. The overdrive pulley spins the hell out of all other pulleys. We replaced WP and have put 3500 miles on it and a couple track runs. So far so good.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Very Nice numbers Should be a blast!

What rear gear ratio are you running with the Mt-82? Thanks.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice numbers! Difference between first and second pull numbers? What type of fuel?

OP
OP

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As someone with turbo envy that’s good to hear.
Man no doubt about it. I really like turbos but the new PD's aren't playing bro. I mean look at my graph all the way to about 8000 RPMs! It looks as if it would keep pulling but we stopped.

Yes. It has to. That is the only way the 20% OD pulley will work. Reason I asked was mine failed on the dyno on 2nd dyno pull from install. The overdrive pulley spins the hell out of all other pulleys. We replaced WP and have put 3500 miles on it and a couple track runs. So far so good.
Dang man, well I'm glad you got it fixed. I'll keep you posted on mine.

Very Nice numbers Should be a blast!

What rear gear ratio are you running with the Mt-82? Thanks.
Thanks man. I've seen your build and progression......damn nice build as well. I have 3.55's at the moment but may go to a 3.15 this week if need be.

Nice numbers! Difference between first and second pull numbers? What type of fuel?
Thanks man. First pull was with the 3.875" pulley whereas second pull was with the 3.625" pulley. All pulls were on E85 from the local Sheetz stations.
Sponsored