Whipple 150mm throttle body and CJ intake

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
I have a 2020 Gt I am about to install a Whipple gen 5 3.0 on. The car already has long tube headers and 3”
Exhaust. Does anyone know how much (if any) there is to gain by going to the 150mm throttle body and Whipple’s big fender intake. I also have a stage 3 PNR ice tank. ID1050’s and fuel system coming as well. I plan on running b this set up with a 3.625 or 3.5 pulley.
Any real world experience would be appreciated.
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I have the 132 and I’m guessing on e85 on the 3.625 pulley I have to be damn close to 1k whp. But here’s. Video for ya to check out. I’m more than happy with my set up. And the 150 with Cj intake is a lil pricey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have a 2020 Gt I am about to install a Whipple gen 5 3.0 on. The car already has long tube headers and 3”
Exhaust. Does anyone know how much (if any) there is to gain by going to the 150mm throttle body and Whipple’s big fender intake. I also have a stage 3 PNR ice tank. ID1050’s and fuel system coming as well. I plan on running b this set up with a 3.625 or 3.5 pulley.
Any real world experience would be appreciated.
The real advantage is belt slip.

If you want to make 1000 rwhp, you can do it slightly easier with a big intake and TB than with the 132. That means you don't have to pulley down (you'll make more boost pressure with the 150) so if you either set a goal power level, you can run slightly less pulley or if you run the 150 at the same pulley size, you'll make slightly more power because it's going to produce more boost at that blower speed.

I can tell you that if you do go 150 TB, absolutely get the Cobra Jet intake. The provided intake and MAF housing and filter and housing box is an absolute nightmare. You can't put the filter in with the box in place, the filter has no room to turn and so you have to slide the filter onto a ring which has 4 screw posts that have to be clocked to both the housing and the MAF section on the other side (then screwed together) and then the silicone connector is an absolute MF to get onto both the TB and the MAF section. We had to trim mine and even then, it's a bitch.

Point is, taking it on or off is a sonofabitch and doing it on the side of the road with minimal tools would be just another pain in the ass to deal with.
Sponsored