Sponsored

While everyone is losing their minds, I'm just over here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Bastard .... In all seriousness, I dont have good fuel up where I live in the Sierra Nevada Foothills, but love the mountains. I ended up mixing my fuel, I added 15 % Sunoco GT 260 to my 91, comes out to 93 octane, to everyone that lives in CA, its easy to do, just keep a small jug of fuel in your trunk with you at all times, mix at gas station. Adam is right our fuel is soooooooo bad, dont expect much out of your ecoboost on it.
Also, you can order 55 gallon drums of E98 for pretty darn cheap, very simple, and cost effective to get a harbor freight fuel pump, and mix your own E85 right at home in the tank.
Sponsored

Kjewer1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 92 Eagle Talon

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
And if you are an Ecoboost noob, forget all you know about what you used to own. (I also own MR2 turbo, and a DSM) The first thing I was researching when I got the car was a boost controller. My eyes (and ears) are open now.
It honestly has nothing to do with being an Ecoboost. Thats a fancy name Ford came up with their line of DI / FI motors. Virtually all direct injected turbocharger motors being released are going to have the same quirks. The EB's are actually far behind the curve, as far as DI motors. Working with Adam, the more he tells / shows me the more it lines up exactly with the other DI platforms we work on. Small differences of course, but general principles all stay the same.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic

Kjewer1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 92 Eagle Talon
Also, you can order 55 gallon drums of E98 for pretty darn cheap, very simple, and cost effective to get a harbor freight fuel pump, and mix your own E85 right at home in the tank.
The HF pump didn't last long for me (they may have more than one though, I don't remember). Most readily available drum pumps can't handle alcohols or solvents for very long. Wurth offers a nice composite one that I've been using for years on ethanol and methanol. I'm sure someone else must sell the same one.

Up here the 55 gallon drums of ethanol are cheap, but the shipping is several hundred dollars. Have to buy a lot of it to be worth it. But if I couldn't get it at the pump (over an hour away, but I fill my own 55 gallon drum) I would still be doing it. I ran my Talon into the 7s on both the drum stuff and the shit that comes out of the pump for 2 bucks a gallon, can't beat it.

Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang

I just bought a drum of the GT260, which is 104 octane. I think it was about $560.

On the smog, everything I do I think about how long will it take me to take it off when it need to be smogged. I will have to reinstall my PVC plate on the block, 3 hr job, I will have to change my exhaust back to stock, 5 hr job, and change my tune back to stock, 30 minute job. I'll even change wheels and tires to truly look the part. I left the stock air cleaner, turbo , ect. ect. So in a day, im ready to roll to the smog station. All that and I have an 11 second street car.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Thanks for making this post Adam, all good points. There has been way to many people freaking out about blowing there motor and the smoke issue.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
sigh

UPRBill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang
Adam I strongly disagree with your post and think every ecoboost owner should refrain from going WOT at any point in time. Especially during the NMRA ecoboost shootout races that is when you are most at risk to hurt your engine. In the meantime we'll continue to be the guinea pig and see just how deep into the 10's the stock engine will go.

:first:

Mojo_Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Don't try to brake boost your stock turbo car, trust me it isn't spooling any faster because you are doing it.
So Adam what is your recommendation for those of us with Automatics as to achieve the best 0-60 times?

PS - Really enjoying my E-tune.

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
So Adam what is your recommendation for those of us with Automatics as to achieve the best 0-60 times?

I think he is meaning from a roll don't brake boost. I don't with my car as it makes almost no difference, if anything my car feels lathargic when I do it. From a dig the stall and positive boost is so quick I'm on and off in less than 3 seconds.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Adam I strongly disagree with your post and think every ecoboost owner should refrain from going WOT at any point in time. Especially during the NMRA ecoboost shootout races that is when you are most at risk to hurt your engine. In the meantime we'll continue to be the guinea pig and see just how deep into the 10's the stock engine will go.

:first:
LOL, nice.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)

This was specifically from a roll, sorry I should of made it clear. I launch my car at 3,100rpms and load it up forever with no problem.

However I will say that I know someone that got a 1.7 60' not stalling it up at all haha.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So Adam you are saying those of us that live in states with 93 octane instead of 91 octane have a lot less chance of LSPI?

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
So Adam you are saying those of us that live in states with 93 octane instead of 91 octane have a lot less chance of LSPI?
There is always a chance of LSPI, it is the mechanics of the motor. I provide ways to avoid it, and it isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. It only occurs when you are straining your motor.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.