OP
derieuz

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That sounds like a function of the tread remaining on your tires its weight and whether or not it had ABS and has nothing to do with power when braking. Was it a light car without ABS? Plus don't just mash the brakes, plan ahead and ease onto them slowly. We get a ton of ice in our area and you learn how to brake carefully on that stuff. Plus I've been driving in winter stuff for 28 years and there is no replacement for experience. If I lived in Michigan I would get a dedicated set of snow tires, end of story. At the latitude I live it can be done if done carefully and knowing that you have to think ahead, go slow and use caution. And yes we had a lot of snow this winter, one event was 15 inches. When its that much we just stay home as the sensible alternative. If you can't and you live in the snow belt I'd advise getting an AWD or 4WD vehicle or minimum a FWD beater vehicle with good tires. Again I'll say this, know your vehicles limitations, prepare for what can happen and keep it safe out there in the winter time. :)
Its a 2010 Ford Fusion, with FWD, I am a fairly skilled driver compared to most my age, the all-seasons prior to my summer tires were fine, maybe just the type of summer tires I had was the problem
Sponsored

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I use pilot alpine pa3s on my s4 and was planning to use the new pa4s on a mustang. In New England there only end up being 3-4 days for me where my car has to be out with significant snow on the roads and I would rather maintain as much of the ride handling on the majority of the days where it is just cold out. The performance winters are not as adept at snow as the full winters but have much much better driving characteristics when it's just bitter cold.

I am open to suggestions other than the pa4s. I won't be geting my car till dec so the winters are going to have to go on immediately

Just to note with my 2010 gt I did 2 winters with the stock Pirelli all seasons and they were functional in snow but I would prefer a bit more traction when the white stuff is falling. Plus I am 100% getting summers on my 2015 either the pp or the 20s... Haven't decided yet