Sponsored

Which spring/bars for DD Ecoboost?

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
So there seem to be SOOO many choices at this point to improve the suspension of the 2015 mustang. I have a premium Ecoboost with NO performance pack. My car is a daily driver, i have a 95 mile daily commute over highways and backroads. Looking to improve the fun factor but not really looking to drop too much. I dont like the super dropped look, so looking for a subtle drop and increased handling. Thinking of Steeda progressive or maybe BMR. I will go with same company for bars and springs. Any suggestions on the best route?
Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
So there seem to be SOOO many choices at this point to improve the suspension of the 2015 mustang. I have a premium Ecoboost with NO performance pack. My car is a daily driver, i have a 95 mile daily commute over highways and backroads. Looking to improve the fun factor but not really looking to drop too much. I dont like the super dropped look, so looking for a subtle drop and increased handling. Thinking of Steeda progressive or maybe BMR. I will go with same company for bars and springs. Any suggestions on the best route?
Hey, there certainly are a lot of spring choices! Since your car is a daily driver, I'd definitely recommend our progressive springs - they provide the comfort you're looking for in a daily driver, and the performance you're looking for when you push the car.

We actually have a combo kit that includes the adjustable sways, if you're interested! Check out some of the reviews on here, a bunch of happy customers with the exact same setup you're looking into!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with your build! Thanks

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
Dave I need some assistance as well can I contact you via phone than you

OP
OP

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Dave, The progressive springs are definitely on my watch list. It will most likely be those or the BMR. You both seem to have a great product. Looking to get rid of the bounciness in the ride without being too harsh. And also to keep the drop to a minimal, lots of steep hills and dont want bottom out issues.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Go with Steeda. You won't be disappointed. Parts and customer service is phenomenal.

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
I have the Steeda Progressive springs on my DD GT and love them. I think the car handles and rides so much better.

OP
OP

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok lots of love for the steeda. I think the only thing I worry about is too much of a drop. That is why the BMR are appealing. BMR is also cheaper springs with bars about $100 so. I want to do this all in one shot. Which ever direction I go do I just need sway bars and springs if I am looking for a great handling street only car? Or do I need to consider subframe braces and supports? Shocks or Struts? Link kits etc?

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Steeda linear rate springs for the eco do not drop much, and only slightly increase the spring rates. I do not feel the need to upgrade the front sway after the spring install, and already have the PP larger rear sway, which also feels fine.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Ok lots of love for the steeda. I think the only thing I worry about is too much of a drop. That is why the BMR are appealing. BMR is also cheaper springs with bars about $100 so. I want to do this all in one shot. Which ever direction I go do I just need sway bars and springs if I am looking for a great handling street only car? Or do I need to consider subframe braces and supports? Shocks or Struts? Link kits etc?
The rear is about 3/4-1" drop. The front is between 1"-1 1/8" drop. This is for the progressive. It is not a slammed look like the Eibach sportlines. I have a pretty steep driveway and can back and and not drag my PP splitter.

The definition of great handling is open for interpretation :D. For me, great handling means, my car can pull double duty for track days and be livable with virtually no compromise for street duty. My build link is below in my signature. You can see all the Steeda stuff I had installed by them. The car is just about perfect. I still have my differential bushings to get installed, the black ones. Add the g-track k-brace and IRS subframe braces plus their new shocks and struts when they come out. So I am 75% there and the car has been transformed already.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
The rear is about 3/4-1" drop. The front is between 1"-1 1/8" drop. This is for the progressive. It is not a slammed look like the Eibach sportlines. I have a pretty steep driveway and can back and and not drag my PP splitter.

The definition of great handling is open for interpretation :D. For me, great handling means, my car can pull double duty for track days and be livable with virtually no compromise for street duty. My build link is below in my signature. You can see all the Steeda stuff I had installed by them. The car is just about perfect. I still have my differential bushings to get installed, the black ones. Add the g-track k-brace and IRS subframe braces plus their new shocks and struts when they come out. So I am 75% there and the car has been transformed already.
Very similar for me. The car is a corner carving machine and believe it or not, more comfortable than stock. As far as being low, I know what you mean. I've had lowered cars that were a pain in the butt, you can't pull into steep driveways and you're worried about speed bumps, etc. Mine has been lowered for a while now and I've never had a problem. I started by creeping over the speed bumps I normally hit and as I got comfortable they won't hit, now I go normal over them and don't even worry. Like Todd said, it isn't slammed like the Sportlines. To be honest, I really think this is the ride height it should have come stock.
side.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
^^^You stance looks great!

OP - Here is mine in a turn at speed on the Tail of the Dragon, 2 weeks ago. 2nd pic is up on the rack at Steeda after they did the alignment. You can see it is not slammed on the progressives.
824870 - small.jpg
car after spring install.jpg

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
In regards to the BMR springs, can they be used effectively on an EB? I know the site says they're not engineered for the V6 or EB.

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
In regards to the BMR springs, can they be used effectively on an EB? I know the site says they're not engineered for the V6 or EB.
Not sure if I would do it. The weight on the cars are different. I would get something engineered for your car. Not just slap on GT engineered springs.
Sponsored