Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hello,

Can you please help me identify the GT sound tube from the plethora of tubes and pipes under the bonnet? I'm guessing it's the one I've marked in the picture. Am I right?
If not, then can someone please mark the correct one?

IMG_0979.jpg

Thank you.
Sponsored

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Hello,

Can you please help me identify the GT sound tube from the plethora of tubes and pipes under the bonnet? I'm guessing it's the one I've marked in the picture. Am I right?
If not, can someone please mark the correct one?

IMG_0979.jpg

Thank you.

Yep, that's it. Looks like it to me at least.

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
I unplugged mine and capped it at the intake. I couldnā€™t reach the other end On my ā€˜18 GT.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, and ALL that business past the diaphragm, under the brace is all part of it too.

On the end you can't see, it's basically a plastic flange, connected to the firewall with one nut. If you remove the front half, then just pull the back half up (pass it under the brace) with a bit of force, it will just snap off at the single connection point.

I mean, you can wrestle with the nut too, but I didn't care about breaking it (or returning it to stock).

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Yeah, and ALL that business past the diaphragm, under the brace is all part of it too.

On the end you can't see, it's basically a plastic flange, connected to the firewall with one nut. If you remove the front half, then just pull the back half up (pass it under the brace) with a bit of force, it will just snap off at the single connection point.

I mean, you can wrestle with the nut too, but I didn't care about breaking it (or returning it to stock).
Just to elaborate on this, if you want to get to that nut you need to remove the drivers side fender liner. Then there is a cut out where you can access the bolt. If not, most of us just pull on it and it will pop loose leaving the nut on the stud.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Vlad Soare - if you are removing your sound tube and you have a vernier calliper, please could I trouble you for two dimensions prior to you plugging up the hole up in the intake elbow ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks, guys. Right now I'm not sure whether I want to remove it or not. First I'd just like to see how it is without it. I was thinking of disconnecting the tube from the intake and plugging both holes. I guess that means here, right?

IMG_0979.png

If I find that I prefer the sound without the tube, then I will eventually remove it. But I want to test it first, to make sure I won't end up regretting and putting it back. :giggle:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
PM coming up :like:

WD :like:

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Just to elaborate on this, if you want to get to that nut you need to remove the drivers side fender liner. Then there is a cut out where you can access the bolt. If not, most of us just pull on it and it will pop loose leaving the nut on the stud.
With the right tool, and some patience, I was able to remove it without pulling out the fender liner. I just removed the front half of the sound tube to get it out of the way, ran my hand down the tube as a guide to feel for the nut and used the ratcheting flex head combo wrench.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
With the right tool, and some patience, I was able to remove it without pulling out the fender liner. I just removed the front half of the sound tube to get it out of the way, ran my hand down the tube as a guide to feel for the nut and used the ratcheting flex head combo wrench.
You must have amazing hands. Couldnā€™t get mine in there.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
You must have amazing hands. Couldnā€™t get mine in there.
My wife says "You have no idea." I told her that might not come across quite the way she intended.

Seriously though, I could get my hand in there just enough to get my finger on the end as a guide to make sure the wrench was on, wiggle it just right to get it secured, then loosen it a bit before it would slip off. Rinse and repeat.
Sponsored