Sponsored

Which oil catch can did you use?

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Had a UPR and attempted to install but it did not fit off the IM because I have the Mishimoto Coolant tank. So I bought their "remote mount" which installs it off the passenger strut tower. However, it was so jammed in there you could not untwist it to empty. Ended up taking it out, never using it, and selling the can. Still have the damn remote mount though. I have a Bob's Ultimate waiting to be installed. With it having a smaller can and both lines coming out the same side it should fit better.
Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
BOB'S AUTO SPORTS...

After using JLT and Moroso, I decided to keep the catch can from BOB'S AUTO SPORTS. Both JLT and Moroso were good catch cans, however, Bob's system was able to collect more oil.... based on my observation.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Was just thinking about it. Is there any reason you can't just do breathers instead of the catch can? Then no more dirty air at all going into the intake.

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Was just thinking about it. Is there any reason you can't just do breathers instead of the catch can? Then no more dirty air at all going into the intake.
Where would the oil go?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The emissions control software is looking for the crankcase vent to recirculate from PCV sensors. If it doesn't see that, it'll run like crap and throw a code. Unplug one and try driving.

Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
The emissions control software is looking for the crankcase vent to recirculate from PCV sensors. If it doesn't see that, it'll run like crap and throw a code. Unplug one and try driving.
Understand. I was thinking about how my '67 GTO is and of course that was before emissions crap. Was just wondering and had a feeling it might screw up something in the system.

curtsmith17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went with the UPR Single Valve Oil Catch Can mounted by the rad. Seems well built and nice braided hoses. Haven't had the car out this year with it installed so no feedback on function.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the JLT 1.0 installed that I picked up brand new back in 2015. I've emptied it a few times, but never find much oil in the can (N/A 5.0). Maybe I'm not burning up that much oil?

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I just reinstalled my Bob's can on my 14 GT after finding liquid oil in the exit line of my Ford Performance can. I have never found liquid oil in the exit line of the Bob's can, just a very slight film.

Not all cans are the same no matter how much oil they catch. If you find liquid oil in the exit line coming out of the can or it's very wet looking, it's not doing a very good job.

After using a few different cans over the years, the Bob's can seems to work the best.

Wayne

Sponsored

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello all, thanks for the JLT support. Our 3.0 setup has had very good reviews, simple to install, simple to service and it flat out works!

We have a forum discount code of MF6G5% at checkout. All oil separators ship for free to USA, available in black or clear(satin) anodized at no extra charge.

Here's a short video of the setup explained and installed.

[ame]

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I put a black JLT on 3 weeks ago and checked it today. Seems well made and an easy install. I was surprised how much oil had collected in that short amount of time. Easy to empty, too.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Hello all, thanks for the JLT support. Our 3.0 setup has had very good reviews, simple to install, simple to service and it flat out works!

We have a forum discount code of MF6G5% at checkout. All oil separators ship for free to USA, available in black or clear(satin) anodized at no extra charge.

Here's a short video of the setup explained and installed.

Yep, called Vinny earlier this week and got both 3.0 oil separators for each side of my Roush/Ford Racing supercharger and the discount. Got them quick and they were pretty easy to put on.

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My JLT 3.0 catches quite a bit . I check it in between oil changes . It's easy to empty . I'm thinking mine helps quite a bit since I mostly run E85

Red17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, PP
This thread has been damn helpful! Think I'm gonna go with the Bobs unit myself. Is there any reason they don't make them for the drivers side? Unnecessary?

Edit: just had the PP3 installed and noticed a thin layer of oil on an stock intake components
Sponsored

Last edited: