Sponsored

Which looks better? (Three truck pictures - safe for family/work viewing)

Which rendition looks best?

• Exhibit A

• Exhibit B

• Exhibit C

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm building an old truck and I have "photoshopped" (read: I have zero graphical talent and used ms paint) 3 different versions of the same truck. Only the body lines are different, the color and other stuff is exactly the same (And mine won't use this color scheme).

Just wanted to get various people's take on which looks best.

The poll is which is your favorite, but if you want to comment, I'd be interested in your ranking of all three.
Thank you!

3 options.png
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I voted for A, but I realize that may not be practical for providing foot space and engine space.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The stock one. :wink:

OP
OP
CrashOverride

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you for your thoughts and votes, I wanted to give it a day or two before I posted why I was asking.

The 54 Ford F100 has a wheelbase of 110", but I am putting it on a crown vic chassis, which has a wheelbase of 116".

So, I have three choices to deal with it. I could cut the frame six inches, and maintain the original body lines. Fairly easy to do in theory, but I don't have a jig and even getting the chassis off by one degree would screw up a lot of things. Not to mention I am far from a structural welder, and I just wouldn't trust my own welds for a frame...

So the other option is to simply reset the wheelbase by moving where the wheel well sits on the fender. This is fairly easy to do, only requires I chop up both front fenders, nip 6" from the front of the wheel, and add it to the back. This was "A".

The other option was to leave the fenders alone, but stretch the cab. This is much more difficult because it would put the engine inside the cab quite a bit (Like an old full size van). It also requires I fabricate a completely new firewall, and then I have to be very careful with the stretch because of how the dash is integral to both the door hinges and the hood hinges. This was "B".

The original, from Ford, was "C".

I also took a poll from family/friends/co-workers (Many are not gearheads like us) and after eliminating "C", the take rate for "A" was about 80%. Personally I kind of liked "A" but I also liked how much easier it is to make work, so I wanted to take my opinions out of the equation.

Thanks again y'all!
Sponsored