Sponsored

Which Kit is better? Stop the Hop or the Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit?

Returning_User

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
California Special
Read a bit abut the Stop the Hop kit but not a lot about the BMR setup.

Anyone want to weigh in on what would be better for the s550?

I see that the CB005 kit is less than half the price but it also looks like there is less than half the equipment.
Do they solve the same issue equally? Or does the Stop the Hop kit actually do more for the car?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I went with a mix of both in the rear of my car. First thing I installed was the Bmr cb005h rear cradle bushing lockout. And recently added the Steeda 555-4447 Rear Subframe Alignment Kit for the bmr kit

These two parts (mostly bmr) gave a much better ride quality than stock. The wheel hop from a hard take off was reduced. And the steeda alignment dowels took out much of the misalignment that can come from the factory. Easy way to improve your cars ride for around $250 total in parts.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I'm not a drag racer......yet. I track my car at scca track nights. I was interested in stiffening up the chassis front and rear before doing anything else. The rear really had a "squishy" feeling on hard acceleration and hop with no traction control on. I did the steeda subframe bushings, IRS subframe support braces, and UPR rear subframe bushing inserts (to save some money). The rear of the car feels as tight as the front of the car now on hard cornering, happy with the result.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great feedback, Pau - appreciate it!

TJ

Sponsored

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
I did bmr cradle lock out and vertical link as the first upgrade when I got the car. After adding wider tires and wheels, take off is much improved, no more fishtailing...

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
After dealing with a quality control issue with BMR, I would stay away from the CB005 kit. Go with Steeda.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda currently has their Musang Week Sale going on ... some decent savings to be had at www.steeda.com

TJ

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I went full steeda. Stop the hop kit. The IRS braces from seat of pants feels like it ties the front and rear subframes together. I actually installed each part one at a time to know what each part did. I felt an improvement in driver confidence with each component

All are needed to plant the rear subframe and resulting traction.

My buddy has the CB005 and to me his car is not as good. I don't feel like the car is tied front to back, in hard corners it feels like the chassis is twisting in the center.

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'm not a big fan of mixing chassis or suspension parts from different manufacturers. Steeda spends a considerable amount of R&D while developing their systems to optomize the parts working as a system. When considering what manufacturer some guys consider cost. I do not. Fortunately I have the means to buy the best and at speeds over 100 mph I can be confident that my Steeda parts will perform as designed and tested.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have a ton of stuff from Steeda and am very happy with the results. My car is mostly used at the moment for hooning around in my spare time while I wait for a blower. That being said, the Steeda stuff is top notch.

Lots of peeps here use BMR, I’m sure they’re good, but I like Steeda as a company because they do a lot of racing with their own products, their customer service is great and their products are too.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Spot on - the amount of testing we do is extreme ... but that is to ensure you are getting the best possible product at the end of the day!

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
I went a different route. I removed the stop-the-hop kit and installed a whiteline bushing kit to replace the factory subframe bushings. The subframe has to be removed to install the new bushings, so I installed the BMR BK055 LCA bearings at the same time. This is a significant improvement over the stop-the-hop kit. No increase in NVH after the bearings break-in (took about 500 miles). The bearings are super tight and will impact ride quality for a short time after installation. The whiteline bushings allow a small amount of compliance which is good for NVH.
My front suspension is full of Steeda parts (track rods, K-brace, camber plates). I have no problem with mixing and matching parts when they do what I want them to do.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Read a bit abut the Stop the Hop kit but not a lot about the BMR setup.

Anyone want to weigh in on what would be better for the s550?

I see that the CB005 kit is less than half the price but it also looks like there is less than half the equipment.
Do they solve the same issue equally? Or does the Stop the Hop kit actually do more for the car?
All I did was the subframe braces from Steeda and it took care of 95% of the hop. It was a lot more investment to take care of the remaining, so I didn't.
Sponsored