Sponsored

Which is most desirable in UK - Auto or Manual?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Statistically in the UK more are manual. As to which is best will be determined on what you plan to use the car for and what car you buy.

6R80 Auto - 2015-2017
10R80 Auto - 2018+
MT80 - 2015-2017
MT80-D4 - 2018+
Tremec 3160 - GT350 only
Tremec TR-9070 - Gt500 only

The increase in autos is probably down to the big improvement the 10R80 was over the 6R80.
You missed the Manual Mach 1 off the list and it uses a Tremec gearbox which I think is out of the GT350 😎👍
Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hi folks,

I've been reading a lot about Mustang gearboxes and what folk prefer. However, most of what I've been reading is based on US driving styles. So, what are folk's thoughts on Auto or Manual in the UK?

I've ordered a Manual because I like the control and it's going to be a fun car so it won't be driven as a daily.

Then I got to thinking - Which commands a better price on resale? From what I've seen on Autotrader, in the last 3 years Manual seems to have dropped off in popularity quite a bit.

Thoughts on this one?

Cheers,
Doylum
As most of the guys here know, I had an M1 manual and currently have a M1 auto. They are both great cars. I live in London; you are in Northumberland. Not that I drive thru Central London much, but just getting in and out of the City was a pain in the manual. Still, I do miss it sometimes. The auto in S and Sport+ is fun and on the twisty stuff I use the paddles frequently. I'm guessing you have some great wide-open roads in your area, the manual will be a blast for that. Enjoy your car.

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, BMW 840d, Ferrari F430 spider, Ducati!
Had to be a manual car for me, this is a fun everyday motor for me!
I'm loving the extra interaction i get, didn't realise how much I've missed having a manual! it's my favourite car to drive :)