Sponsored

Which Intake did you go with and why?

Gabelo98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
that’s a negative. Both done at same time along with other mods then car was tuned. I have no data on what the duct does as a stand alone addition. Sorry
its cool i never heard of this so i thought id ask im getting close a personal goal and the extra tenth would be great even half of a tenth would be great
Sponsored

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
its cool i never heard of this so i thought id ask im getting close a personal goal and the extra tenth would be great even half of a tenth would be great
Have you upgraded your motor and transmission mounts??

Gabelo98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Have you upgraded your motor and transmission mounts??
no did think about that i just installed some BMR vertical links and waiting on my front runner D5 wheels that should help along with 3" exhaust which y tuner says will help me as well

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
that’s a negative. Both done at same time along with other mods then car was tuned. I have no data on what the duct does as a stand alone addition. Sorry
My Cervini grille solved that issue.I get an open shot now.

domfenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Fellow 5.0 brothers,

It's been difficult having to choose either a Drop in air filter on my (2019 GT PP1 )or go with a Closed air intake (For Performance) or a Open intake (style&performance)

I've heard aftermarket some aftermarket intakes really don't do justice in providing a cooler temp to the engine.....

I've also heard the stock intake that the S550's have keep it cooler than most aftermarket intakes...

Which is why I'm here wanting to have many of you debunk myths I hear.

Which intake did you go with and why?

What do you recommend?

My purpose of choosing one is for Full performance...Closed intake? Open? or stock with a drop in filter?
I’ve ran my JLT open filter with the stock manifold and cats on 93 for almost 2 years now, I recently switched to a 18 mani and stock 18+ airbox and IATs are about 10-15° cooler on average than my JLT ever was. Obviously not much to compare side my side since it’s a different manifold, but anyone with half a brain knows colder air = more go fast

Sponsored

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Went with an Injen, seems a bit louder, also seems a bit more powerful, however without a dyno impossible to tell. The inside of the Injen CAI is smooth, don't know if that helps at all. IAT's are higher with the engine too. In all honesty, think I would have been happier putting that towards Ford Performance's Kit, more low end torque and Horsepower, plus more rev matching with a MT. The stock intake is very good from many sources. Think Ford Engineers did an excellent job overall, however tuning and CAI and many other mods are designed to help you get what you want. Come to the conclusion that CAI are more about "this car is mine" and it is "part of my life" than a legitimate piece that gives you an edge at the dragstrip or on the street. So many variables, temperature, air pressure, road, incline, traction, shifting, wind direction etc. an extra 10 or 20 HP may not do as much as one would think. I would probably get more satisfaction taking some performance driving courses.

Blu_stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1, 2018 F150 FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Roush. The closed box design seemed like a no-brainer for me for keeping hot air out. I also lined the inside and outside of the box with heat shield tape. But the best thing I did was change my grill to one with more of an open design to let more cool air into the air box. My IAT's are consistently only 3-6 degrees above ambiant as long as the car is not just idiling.

Engine Bay 12-23-2020.jpg

blu_stallion CCG3.jpg

JGalarse14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I went with the Roush. The closed box design seemed like a no-brainer for me for keeping hot air out. I also lined the inside and outside of the box with heat shield tape. But the best thing I did was change my grill to one with more of an open design to let more cool air into the air box. My IAT's are consistently only 3-6 degrees above ambiant as long as the car is not just idiling.

Engine Bay 12-23-2020.jpg

blu_stallion CCG3.jpg
Is this a custom grill? Or was this purchased? If so, would like to know the details, if possible. Cheers!

Blu_stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1, 2018 F150 FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Is this a custom grill? Or was this purchased? If so, would like to know the details, if possible. Cheers!
Its sort of both. Its the stock grill frame but I cut out all of the plastic honeycomb and installed a black steel mesh kit purchased from customcargrills.com . The process wasnt exactly quick or easy but it would have been a lot better if their 'kit' didnt require the adjustments I had to make to it (the bends were off by 1/2" or so in some places so I had to reshape it a bit during installation). You can see several pics and an install video on their website, its definitely a cooler, more custom look that than the factory grill.
Sponsored